1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinite Potions coming on 22nd April 2020

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Eonias, Apr 17, 2020.

1. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

Pepegas complaining about a completely optional, non-pearl QoL content being implemented? What the actual hell am I seeing.
    Its a great thing for resource hungry classes especially if you dont feel like spending on LT and don't mind grinding this item out.

ODB3698 likes this.
  2. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

People complain about infinity potions because you have to go and grind monsters, lots of monsters to get them in grinding game :surprised pikachu: Its not press Y or talk to black spirit content.

ODB3698 and Arkadia like this.
  3. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

grinding for them is the best part for me, cus they give a goal to my grind

ODB3698, Arkadia and AtomicPotato like this.
  4. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

there is no goal its an rng drop

5. Kerenis

Kerenis Lahn 63 EU

i mean enchancing and reaching gear goals is also rng, so why can't getting an rng drop be a goal?

ODB3698 and Mafesio like this.
  6. zeezero

You know there is this thing called fun in video games. And pvp is not fun for a lot of people and this is gonna provide alot of not fun open world pvp. It's pretty cringe how salty you are towards the pve crowd.

7. The_Lord

yikes

ODB3698 likes this.
  8. f8Xtractor

BDO like all other games has it's trade-off points.

Don't want PVP? Stay under 50, at the cost of experiencing a lot of game content available only after 50.
    Like the Graphics? Like the Costumes? Like the environments? All can be expierenced under 50.

Like the variety of quests, storylines, lore, richer content and a fuller experience? Accept PVP.

ODB3698 likes this.
  9. Vortexii

Diablo II was one of the best RPG's ever created and it was almost completely about RNG drops. (Done the RIGHT way)

ODB3698 and crosspath like this.
  10. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 63

Those potions are literally the most overpowered item yet to be released.

I always thought DIablo 2 was good too, but honestly I could not play it anymore. It was pretty much just a 1 skill spamfest with some tp or other mini things between. And ultimately you would be so powerful you just onehit everything in a full party on highest difficulty.
    Back then I was amazed by the game, but if I were to play it now, I am quite certain I would be really really bored.

Also rng drops there and in BDO are 2 different things. In diablo, also diablo 3 now, you can drop a prefect rolled BiS item at any given point. No matter where you grind. In BDO rng just means you got some money. You can not drop BiS items. It is just a different feeling.

11. SuddenlyYuffie

I can imagine this being useful on a 500DP Shai with full DR build. Just keep spamming the potion key and never move, just laughing at the people trying to kill you. Now imagine an entire guild full of them. That's not pvp, that's just funny.

12. Dante404

Plot twist after 3 to 8 months of farming the hardcore player got their infinite potions and kakao release a normal potion that heals 10% more D:<

Venour likes this.
  13. crosspath

Diablo 2 item system is the best system ever hands down. Not this crap with 5 potato looking armor sets where only 1 is used... It is a real joke.

14. BuShiDo

What? lol? are you trolling? "Potting in pvp is still a no go" really? So when you're at a grind spot and some a-hole flags on you to take it that's when you choose to not potion? By that argument, if you attend node wars, you shouldn't take any HP pots with you.

ODB3698 likes this.
  15. Vortexii

There is a much deeper point though. Even though the entire loot system in Diablo 2 was RNG based, it was done correctly. It's not the RNG itself that is a problem. It's the monetization and poor implementation.

If BDO had more realistic rare drops it would be fine. Most players are probably not even aware of how many actually exist in BDO btw. Things like Black Stones are so rare they are probably not considered. Most know of the Maps as they are iconic, but there are actually quite a few and infinite pots would just be another.

It's not nearly the same though, and with intention. Diablo 2 was built for gamers, BDO is built for Whales.

As for RARE drops in BDO, it's kind of a shame it almost doesn't exist anymore. A distortion earring or Tungrad are about the only valued items (aside from the new ones). But even then it's just a "common rare". Just a little money value.

It's not like the old days when getting a Basilisk or Crescent meant you could wear it or go for PRI.

16. ODB3698

How is that any different than hot keying the already existing NPC pots? This is the dumbest argument ever. This is literally life skillers and whales mad that they actually have to PvE grind to get this. The only differences in performance is that these won't take as much weight as an inventory full of pots and they won't require the chump change of silver that we currently spend on NPC pots. We still will use tents. We still will use maids/butlers. We still will buy inventory weight. Again, this is literally life skillers and credit card warriors mad that they can't get this with the market or with a credit card. Depending on where we need to grind to get these..this even opens up more incentive to grind in different areas...decreasing open world forced pvp in previous spots to some small degree.

17. Kubla

One thing is for sure the grind spots will be a red players paradise.

18. Venour

Venour Archer 63 EU

Ive got you https://bddatabase.net/us/item/17569/

19. Tsotha_Lanthi

Worst thing to happen to the game.... my grinding spot is now forever ruined because it will now forever be flooded with people trying to get the piece that can be found there. I don't even need the spirit essences as a wiz too. Maybe it's time i move on to another game after two and a half year.

20. Tsotha_Lanthi

It's almost like they want to make all mob spots in the game crowded. What they needed to do for those pieces was to have them drop by all mobs that have suggested ap of say.... 230ap and above, super low drop rate. Then things would have remained unchanged.

Factorial likes this.