1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inflation and ignorance

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by NVG, Aug 11, 2019.

1. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Thanks market flippers you mean.

Lord_Xenon likes this.
  2. BDOMONSTER

oh boy this guy is back again, mr casual who has convinced himself he is hardcore and puts in mega time and deserve full pen and thus when he cant get it with his 5 hours a week worth of play well it means "the game is broken" p2w blah blah blah, more crying about costume selling but then crying not enough people are selling costumes for him to buy!

Like others said if you think its all that enchant some stuff sell make money. At least be consistent though if you gonna cry the game is p2w and everyone paying to win, then dont cry not enough people selling costumes for you to buy.

3. Lord_Xenon

This.

And how? Things are mostly ready to buy compared to before.
    More silver/h means easier gearing up to generate even more silver.
    Catchup mechanics so it's easier to start from a certain point.

LinaCrysta likes this.
  4. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

It's funny too. Because I makes less silver/hour mob grinding, when I was last playing a month ago. Than I was at the start of 2018 and I had less gear back than. Val and Med grind spots and Lifeskills silver/hour gains at the low to medium range has been nerfed hard.

So I still find it funny for players to be talking about catch up mechanics in BDO. More so with inflation getting more and more out of hand and Pearl Abyss and Kakao nerfing new and returning players silver/hour gains.

#ImemberSeamonsterPayoutsBeforeAndNow

#ImemberMedAndValBeforeAndNow

#Imember

#GoodTimesNeverLasts

Draconnix likes this.
  5. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

The game has enough silver sinks (particularly on the marketplace) that will absorb all the extra silver in the economy. Also, prices are capped. Just wait a little while and save your extra money and it'll be worth as much as the same number would have been before the event.

6. Dexo 2

Shadow arena would fix this problem, oh wait its gonna come out as standalone game OMEGALUL

Draconnix and Fearless V like this.
  7. NVG

NVG

I did not cry about the game being pay to win, because there is nothing to win here. There is no endgame either, the game is a journey itself, that is fun. Reaching the endgame is not fun. This game is not about being full PEN, sorry to break it to you buddy, but it's the truth. There is nothing fancy about having an endgame item (a PEN) in a single player RPG with MMO characteristics, while having no life outside of it.

I did the mistake to believe that an endgame exists. The disappointment was the same as finding out that Santa Clause doesn't exist. I spent more money in this game than you can probably count and then I reached endgame with evasion gear and realised that it is not fun to rush the game with money. After that, I blew up all my gear trying to convert my evasion to DR+AP and I stopped spending money on the game to reach something that is not fun. I stopped playing the game and I realised that there is no other game that is better and I returned. Every other MMO has the same rotten money grabbing content. At least here I bought all the pearl shop and I have nothing left to buy. Enjoying the game without PEN in mind is so damn fun, doing quests, riding your pegasus, this is fun for me right now. There is no weight on your shoulders to have to make a certain amount of silver to keep up the pace with the game, bla bla.

I prefer being a pleb without softcap gear and having fun a few hours per week and have a life, a family, rather than playing the game 24/7 with the blind goal of being just one random pleb with PEN gear and not knowing what real life is and throwing all my money on pixels.

I like this game and I don't want it to be destroyed because veterans get bored and quit and new players stand no chance at building their gear because of inflation. I am sure it must feel bad to not notice where this inflation is going to, if nothing is done.
    You know that a new player has no idea about enchantments, workshops, worker setup, lifeskills and they just do quests or grind and they spend a whole day and make at best 100mil silver, while someone that can grind accessories affected by this inflation can make the same amount of silver in 1h.

Also, selling costumes is really not profitable. Anybody smart will just buy artisans and make profit with those rather than selling costumes.

But sure, let's post non-topic, let's troll the OP, because it's a free world and we can prove how small our brain is.

Let's see how you will fuel those PEN attempts if nobody sells costumes because it's not worth it anymore.

Let's see which pleb except me you are going to kill if no more players will join the game, because grinding pleb content is so not rewarding and a new player doesn't know any tricks to make silver easily and they quit.

This game probably has a retention rate of less than 1% given it's RNG and anti-new player strategies.

PS: don't bother with a response, it will probably take some time for me to casually revisit the forum and waste my time on reading your reply

#87 NVG, Aug 14, 2019 at 2:01 PM
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  8. LightsOut

It definitely affects me, having 55 bil in my bank. While this could once buy me a full pen armor set, now it can buy me half.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  9. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

PO's for PEN items was super high even before new prices, so 55bil won't buy you full PEN set unless you sniped it.

10. LightsOut

We're talking 3 weeks ago when PEN armors were at 13-15 bil each. Now 23-24.

Phoenixxx75 and NVG like this.
  11. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

were 13-15bil and was available to buy not the same, right now EU have 1 pen armor to sell (bheg), how much its was 3 weeks ago? 1 ? So even with 100bils you could not buy full PEN set 2-3 weeks ago, not you can buy today.
    Complain about "high prices" when there is actually no product even for that price and asking to lower price, its kinda, uh.... not smart.

Fearless V and Foo like this.
  12. NVG

NVG

Around 1-2 months ago, can't remember exactly, PEN DIM costed 15bil while everything else was below that price. 3x 15bil + a green helmet would allow you to get PEN armors set for 50bil.

13. Lord_Xenon

So you say, that the game don't got easier over time???
    That there are indeed here and there nerfs happening is a thing, but overall the game got a lot easier.
    First the XP curves.
    Second the Grindspots.
    Third the quests.
    Fourth the CP.
    Fifth the silvergain possibilities.
    Sixth the gearaquisition.
    Seventh the Handouts.

So you want really say, that in the beginning/a few years later, relative newbies could get +15/DUO things easy? Could level 1-56 in less than 3h or so? Could get 300+ CP? Could accumulate 1E9+ silver?

The meme about SMH just show a shitty mechanic that rewards BS amount of silver for nothing.

14. Fearless V

Fearless V FearlessBeing Ranger 61 NA

All I was just saying a new or returning player back in 2017 and 2018. Made more $$$/hour than they do now with more gear now than before. I am also saying that low to med AP grind areas $$$/hour, have been nerfed by a lot from personal experience. That is all!