1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ingame character outfit textures

Discussion in 'Art & Media' started by Winnfield, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Winnfield

Hey guys, so I have kind of just rolled with it for some time now but I have looked at other 'players perspectives' of their own characters on videos etc etc, and noticed they don't seem to have the weird blotchy textures I seem to have when I view my character from anything other than the dye/beauty window I will give you some examples to show you what I mean, so for example this is my outfit (Grotevant) in the dye window;

[​IMG]

Aaand some from ingame;

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Character selection:

[​IMG]

My question is, is this normal? I was thinking perhaps it was supposed to be some kind of style for the armour/outfit but the longer I stare at it the more it just looks wrong as though it really shouldn't look like that. I have played around with the settings and found nothing related to your own avatar in the settings. I tried ramping the graphics up AND down and noticed these textures don't seem to change at all. Anyone with any insight into this?

2. Winnfield

Sorry for the double post but just tested it in black and you can see the blotches much clearer;

[​IMG]

Bare in mind this is on remastered graphics levels.

3. Asterotis

Repair your armor, good as new. Like vindictus, BDO adds detail to armor durability when it's on the verge of breaking.

#3 Asterotis, Oct 5, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  4. Winnfield

Oh wow I never expected it to be something like this! Its because my dim tree wasn't at max durability due to me recently enhancing it, I never even thought it would effect the look on your outfit ingame. Thanks for this!