1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Instead of PvE Servers

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Yulanda, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

I see there have been calls for PvE only servers and both for and against arguments have valid points. One idea my husband and I discussed was that rather than PvE servers, allow for the creation of PvE only guilds though adding some fairly heavy restrictions. Some examples could be:

* A guild must register as PvE only and have to pay an ongoing monthly fee to remain so or don't receive guild welfare
    * Members will be locked out of all forms of PvP, including RBF, Node wars, Sieges and even flagging up
    * The guild is restricted in other guild assets (so can not own a guild elephant)
    * Consideration would need to be given to penalties for transferring out of PvE only guilds to PvX guilds to prevent people using them as a safety net while levelling up in popular grind spots

It would be one way of stopping the community from becoming fragmented but allowing lifeskillers and PvE players to enjoy the game in peace

2. Cedricu

All that mess for what ?
    No!
    Leave the game as it is. Everyone should really stop trying to change the game basics!!!

3. elephantgrey

Just let us do all lifeskill content as a <49.

4. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Your suggestion caters to only one side of the argument and is honestly no different than PvE only servers when you boil it all down. This addresses the concerns for PvE only players leaving PvX/PvP players out to dry again.

5. Dreadhood

Dreadhood Musa 61 EU

I would rather have a lifeskill server, in which there are no mobs (exept maybe ones you can butcher and hunt).
    PvE servers need to have pvp in them, a PvE server would just be endless grief, there is no good in having one.

#5 Dreadhood, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    SunHoYee and RageAgainst like this.
  6. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

It makes no difference to PvX guilds as the mechanics for these guilds remains exactly the same

7. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

So how does that make your suggestion different? You said both sides had valid arguments yet you only apply a solution for one group.

8. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

You're not being specific enough for me to provide a valid response to. The suggestion made directly impacts people who want to play only PvE. By what logic would I therefore list anything to do with PvP?

I will try to take a guess at what point you might be trying to make:

By having PvE only Guilds rather than PvE only Servers, server population remains steady (instead of splitting people off) so the world remains vibrant.

Chat will remain active (probably won't do anything about the toxicity though)

People from different guilds can still team up with each other for non pvp activities, like Sea Monster hunting, Relic Scrolls etc.

Normal PvX guilds are not impacted in any way whatsoever

Restrictions apply only to guilds wishing to be PvE

I'm not sure how much more clearly you want me to be

#8 Yulanda, Jul 22, 2018
  9. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I'm not sure how I can be more specific than exactly what I've already said. Your first post discussed the suggestion of a PvE server being introduced. You then followed that up by saying that there are valid concerns for and against the idea. Next, you proposed another suggestion that disregards all those valid concerns against the idea. So my question was, how does this make your suggestion any different than a PvE server when you are only addressing the concerns of those for a PvE server?

If you truly believe the arguments for and against are valid, why are you only making a suggestion for one?

I will tell you the problems I have with your suggestion. You aren't providing a solution for those who understand we are meant to fight over the resources in the game, you are only giving protection to those who wish to avoid half the game content. PvX guilds will most certainly be impacted as will everyone else. Grind spots will become oversaturated with players unable to defend or attack in order to control a greater area in order to progress, which will surely cause chat to become far, far more toxic as a result. It's the same type of problem a PvE server would have, with the exception you'd be forcing everyone else to have to deal with it as well.

fenzz, Valient and SunHoYee like this.
  10. SunHoYee

Best commet in the whole threat, is as simple as this. If there would be PVE servers or PVE guilds, everyone would just create one, go into Sausans, nagas, gahaz etc and the place would be full of people trying to hit one mob since they could not have any chance to control the area. The game is meant to be an open world PVP, this ain't gw2 or wow where most of the farm content or almost all is just in instances that assures you and your party to have a loot and a progress 100% , this game ain't have that system so you can't have PVE guild, neither PVE servers since the map would be full of people trying to hit one mob since there wouldn't be enough resources for all of us. It's very simple to understand.

#10 SunHoYee, Jul 22, 2018
    RageAgainst likes this.
  11. Yulanda

Yulanda Sorceress 61

At this point I believe you are deliberately just being contrary. My suggestion is not for a PvE only server. I have made that very clear. I have also outlined that there needs to be some though put into how transferring between PvE only and general PvX guilds needs to take place. At no point did I say this is a comprehensive solution for satisfying every player in the game. It is a suggestion as to how PvE players may enjoy the game without isolating people on a separate server or breaking up the community.

The game allows for open world PvP and those who wish to engage in it can do so. As far as the competition of resources goes, that is pretty much a fallacy - I can twink out an under 50 alt in all my boss gear and go grinding in popular places and remain safe.

If you have some useful suggestions, please provide them.

12. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

I did not say your suggestion was for a PvE server, please read what I said. You can not grind at the most popular resources in the game with a character under 50 and be efficient enough to progress, that is a fallacy.

Your suggestion is a way for PvE players to enjoy the half of the game they prefer at the cost of the rest of the players in the game. At least in the case of a PvE server, there would remain unaffected servers where the normal gameplay could continue. Your solution negatively impacts the game player of many players.

To sum it up, your suggestion is actually worse than the PvE server suggestion. Both, however, are bad because the game isn't meant to be divided into halves, PvE and PvP go hand in hand in this game.

SunHoYee likes this.
  13. Mido

Mido Archer 62 EU

14. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

Something dawned upon me while playing the game about what you said.

Not accepting the quest to level 50 is the solution to PvE only in this game. Unfortunately, this precludes you from efficiently taking part in higher level areas of the game, but that should be expected you have to give up something in order to avoid something else.

Dreadhood likes this.
  15. elephantgrey

That would be fine if it only limited your grind spots, but it also locks lifeskill content away too. If things like the trade buff and hunting quests where available at 49 there would be no problem.

16. Stabby

Um no. PVE server(s) or nothing.

Aikatears likes this.
  17. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

What is locked away life skill wise?

18. Zygmunt

Working as intended, you can have a PvE toon, just don't kill Catfishman Qoobe. And stop acting like being killed by a player is the end of the world.