1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Integrity is Worth 300 Billion ;)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Blade Boques, Jun 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joungf

It was interesting and also a pain discussing with our teacher in philosopy class, I am telling you.

I remember the first lesson:
    Teacher asked "What is this?" while pointing to his desk.
    Students: "It is a desk!"
    Teacher: "Are you sure? What makes you believe that this is a desk and not a chair?"
    Students: "???? ..." *silence and confusion*
    Me: "Because in our language we named it "desk" and in other languages it is called different. We learned that it is called desk."
    Teacher: "I would claim that it is a chair. Can you prove that it is not?"

:O

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  2. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Just sit down on his face and tell him to prove he is not a chair. This is just talking for the sake of talking. Something like this does not exist in science. You talk about concepts ideas and "rules of the world" it does not matter how you call it. Math is something so logical even other species that might live somewhere in the universe would come up with the same concepts of adding multiplicating etc etc. Just that their signs and terms are different.

Deyric, MoonDance17 and Joungf like this.
  3. Catastigma

we dont have realy the choice it is this modern society that offers us internet and video games :)

Hypocrisy is to want things to change while you are the cause. ( Akka all citizen of modern country)

I said that it would be good that we stop the systemic hypocrisy so that we can already come to respect ourselves. Aka Stop cognitive dissonance.
    Then that respect for other will come.

Far from religious talks, it simply a matter of respect for others.[/QUOTE]
    And hypocrisy and respect don't go together.

Thank you :)

4. Joungf

A very good idea. But now it is too late .... :)

5. Catastigma

God have a definition so god exist?:o

Common knowledge is knowledge that is known by everyone or nearly everyone, usually with reference to the community in which the term is used. Common knowledge need not concern one specific subject, e.g., science or history. Rather, common knowledge can be about a broad range of subjects, such as science, literature, history, and entertainment. Often, common knowledge does not need to be cited. Common knowledge is distinct from general knowledge.

I am not part of your Community. ;)

6. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

What is the point of proving that common knowledge does exist(by copying a wikipedia article) while claiming it does not? Also god does not have a definition. LOL. And even more also.... Nobody here ever mentioned religion in any way but you. What is your obsession with religion? Nobody cares about that. We are talking about moral.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  7. Joungf

For philosophers moral as such does not exist. ;-)

8. Diepel

This is actually a nice intro to epistemology.

Normative ethics is a huuuuuge branch of philosophy.

Joungf likes this.
  9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

You're totally right. There's a common conception implying that animals have feelings and conscience, and plants don't have them, but who knows? We are stuck by your own conception of conscience, maybe plants have an higher degree of conscience but we're too dumb to even grasp it?

Again, the fact that we may indirectly be a cause of harm does not allow us to cause even more harm.
    "Hypocrisy" will never justify such a point of view, above all if you're doing harm on purpose. That's sophism at this point. Use respect to stop the spread of harm.

Kynreaa and MoonDance17 like this.
  10. Joungf

When the philosophy reaches the pychologic level than it will become veeeery complex, I am telling you........

11. Catastigma

i loved this part of the class. We spent a good hour talking about the approximation of the definition of a chair.

Joungf likes this.
  12. Ben Phoenix

Haha XD

I studied philosophy in high school, I know the feeling ;)

I don't usually engage in philosophical discussions with people I don't know very well, I do it with a friend of mine only. It's a pleasure to have certain discussions but only with the right people imo ;)

Joungf likes this.
  13. Joungf

Oh, I see ... we have an expert here ... ;-)

14. Luminosity

Luminosity Valkyrie 62

Well its just talking. I once saw a philo/german student discussing with a math student about maths. He obviously had no clue what was talking about but he used fancy words and weird grammar that barely made any sense to win an argument, despite his knowledge about the subject being noneexistent.

15. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

That's sophism when it reaches this point.

16. Joungf

That is what I mentioned in my commet "Never discuss with a philosopher."
    :D

17. Catastigma

Where is the harm in looking in the mirror? hypocrisy is what says never joining actions.
    This is the biggest problem currently. it is he who prevents us entirely from acting on matters of importance
    I believe that we have no choice hears that modern society to face itself. We are entirely the cause of ailments specific to our centuries.
    We cannot respect other/ the environment when we are not even capable of real honesty.

the IRL situation and the outcome is a pretty obvious example that people are unable to understand themselves because they don't even know themselves. https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/27/busi...d-whitening-fair-skincare-products/index.html

I dont believe that its the way. :D We cannot help people respect each other when we are unable to join critical thinking and actions. you can force 2 guys to show respect. But if they dont realy respect each other. Its useless. If people don't know herself and even less know their neighbors. we end nothing.
    They will quickly resume their habit.

racism is the perfect example of a problem which in my opinion can only be solved if people learn their cognitive bias.
    Understanding that the brain is an ******* is not easy on the ego.
    Knowing that you are your worst enemy, the best way to avoid harming others.

#157 Catastigma, Jun 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  18. Prokaizer

Prokaizer Maehwa

Akira Kurosawa said : "In a mad world, only the mad are sane".

And in this thread, people are trying to prove that they are right and not wrong LOL.

19. Wollbert

Wollbert Witch 61 EU

you are far of the topic you useless demihumans

20. Menor

I will be pro psychologist like them now.
    After reading pink haired furry avatar guy rants. Those are conclusions wich I made based on how he acts and writes, himself.
    1) Is from pathological family. His childhood-teen years were lived with family he disliked, most likely a religious family with some kind of physical or mental abuse from parents side.
    2) Church or priest hurt him at some point in his life. Obsessed with religion and how wrong it is. Fixated on how "religious" people tell him how to live and how to think. Most likely had abusive, religious parents who punished him for any type of "bad" behaviour. Bad in quotations as anything that his parents disliked were percived as bad by them.
    3)Is a compulsive liar.
    4)Dislikes people who do not think like self, not hates. Just dislikes.
    5)Likes "smart" people no matter how nasty or fake those people are.
    6)Is a troll who enjoys tons of attention.

About the chair joke and my take on it.
    -sit on it.
    "he sits"
    -now lean on it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.