1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interview with the Dream Horse master

Discussion in 'Events' started by GM Salome, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Miyumi

Agreed. She gets pampered all the way to korea. Saying things that only apply to herself. She has 4 T9. Most of us dont. She thinks the pricing is great, while most of us suffer from it and can't make any profit. She thinks this 'training' skill is all fair and ****... come on. The horse community has been screwed over since the start. Profitable lifeskill? No. Real money expensive life skill? Yes. Luck required always? Yes. Breeding is luck, skills are luck, stats are luck, T9 is luck. I can't help it... when people like her pretend like trainingskill and horses are fine... while the world is burning. Stop kissing this GM's ass. And stop censuring me for being ciritcal of the way you operate 'moderator'.

Sure it has been, or could have been worse. But the fact that the market is flooded, we are forced to sell horses to the imperial (without much profit) and horse trainers have equal chance on getting a T9 than a farmer... come on. That she got T9's running around everywhere doesn't mean the whole horse community is voiced by her.

#21 Miyumi, Jun 9, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  2. JustFiyen

I'm only just now coming back to play casually after almost a year. Just between wow patches...
    Would have stuck around if I had gotten the one I wanted or been able to switch them...
    All that work and I got a dine. It was like all that work was for nothing.
    Playing a lil but and collecting mats...but if I get a doom I guess I'll sell both to buy a pegi. The system is ****. There are people who have been doing nothing but horses who haven't even gotten one....
    And this person just grinds out the silver until they can basically buy their way to a dream horse.

Seeing them all lined up like this doesn't encourage me...it's freaking disheartening. Uugh.

3. DafuqYouLookinAt

I couldn't agree more tbh and surely others too. It's fantastic that this player finally accomplished their goals with dream horses.
    This is something to be seen as an admiration- seeing people ooze excitement over the things they've obtained, especially when they've worked for it. It's awesome! Lol
    Although, with this being said, I too completely disagree on their replies and comments during the interview. They spoke as if they were speaking for all horse trainers. Dream horses lack so much, it needs rework and I think many can agree on that too?
    They did nothing but joyfully nod and smile, basically agree to everything blindly without taking in consideration of all the other people/players who're interested in dream horses. I passively do t9 attempts but I feel for the people who are thinking "????" and some feeling the disappointment in this interview since they probably had high hopes that this was an opportunity missed to try to speak more in depth about dream horses (even just a little bit).
    The interview should of not only been something to express an experience but to also potentially discuss things about specifics that "could" be redone. For instance, not everyone wants to buy all off the marketplace and prefer better quests or loot, the desire to see the potential % behind each fail stack, mount skill coupon pricing, profit, life-skilling, etc. etc.
    RNG is RNG and your effort pays off, yes. It shouldn't be easy to obtain a t9, yes. Is it a fair system? Hnnng...no comment.
    The thing that got me was "Some new item to use while catching horses would be interesting. Or making a mini-game a bit different/ more real."
    Yeah, totally excited to catch a max tier of T5...zzZZ
    zzz

Zelxski, Ventesa and Miyumi like this.
  4. Averdun

There are 4 dream horses.
    1. Black Pegasus
    2. White Pegasus
    3. Doom
    4. Unicorn
    That's all 4 horses you can get from the game.

The Black Pegasus is from the Imperial auction house and costs like 18 billion to purchase.

5. Lurea

Yes, and the Black Pegasus & White Pegasus are just a Pegasus with a different color, as i said before. That's 1 dream horse, not 2.
    A car in a other color does not make a it a completely different car. It's still the samen damn car. Saying it is a different one is just marketing.

Bottom line, there are 3 dream horses. There is 1 color for every horse. But Pegasus has 2 variations.
    Don't fool yourself and say there are 4. There aren't.

Narktember, Ventesa and Miyumi like this.
  6. Sevyrn

I just want to be able to breed and ride Ferricas (BDO's Chocobo mounts used by the elves of Kamasylvia).

7. Averdun

At this point, Lurea, like everyone has told you there are 4 DIFFERENT mounts. Stop being a got- damn troll, you asked and multiple people answered.

8. Ventesa

Ventesa Vexferel Tamer 61 NA

Not everyone considers a recolor a different mount :|. A difference in opinion I suppose...

Narktember likes this.
  9. Jaeger

Next time make an interview with some players about pvp and balancing in this game. I think most of the ppl dont care about dream horse breading :)

Miyumi and Narktember like this.
  10. Factorial

This was a good read. Thanks. I wish you guys did more things like this: community interactions regarding ALL aspects of the game like PVP as stated.

I Am Mother and Miyumi like this.
  11. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

How did you come that conclusion?

If Ferrari only made two colors black and white and I bought them both. Then its safe to say I own both Ferraris black and white...... not one ferrari. Because clearly the draw between the cars is the color. The same as with a one time chance to buy a black Pega.

#31 Lemon Crush, Jun 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2019
    DafuqYouLookinAt likes this.
  12. Ventesa

By that logic I have six "different" dreamhorses because all of my dreamhorses can wear different costumes :o. They look different even though they can do the same thing so must be different mounts! :O Especially since it changes their all out appearance even more than just a color

13. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Witch 61 NA

Thats not the same though. He is the only one with a Black Pega THE ONLY ONE. Thats not like changing an outfit lol.

14. Ventesa

Oh I see so it is the exclusivity of the mount that makes it different and not the fact it is an actual different mount.

Doesn't sound like a 4th dreamhorse to me, but that is just my opinion, who cares~

15. Zelxski

Congrats on the 4 T9's.

I agree with her that it should be hard to get them, but I also feel that it should be tied to how much effort you put into it. I feel players should be rewarded (not with horses of course) for playing the game and for working so hard. I level all of my life skills, but I always have a sort of empty feeling b.c all this leveling doesn't really do anything. My being a trainer doesn't really mean anything, b.c as long as I have loads of gold, I can bypass high level trainers putting in the effort. It feels like the college scam going on in America with all those rich people who bought their way to a degree with $ and a dash of leg work. I just wish our life skills were more important is all.

Ventesa and Miyumi like this.
  16. Lurea

Ummm, your logic is lacking. Color wont make it a different car. You are acting as if the 2 car's would be one. Your analogie is way off.

You would own 2 of the same type of Ferrari. Just a different color. Ergo the same Ferrari 2x. But still the same non the less. It's not a different type. Or different options. Its still the same car you just bought 2x in a different color. How can your mind work that it thinks that would be 2 different cars?

By your logic, if i scraped the mold of a piece of bread it would be a different slice of bread as the color changed.