1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Investigation into the [Event] Ice Flower Sweets horse training buff. (Does it actually work?)

Discussion in 'Horse Training' started by ledious, Jul 8, 2018.

1. ledious

I spent the better part of this morning doing the math to see if this item: [​IMG] Actually does apply the +10% Mount EXP buff [​IMG]

Here are my findings at training level Professional-1 on a Tier 4 LV 14 horse using a 4 horse wagon:

(without any buffs applied): 370.28 average Mount EXP per tick (from 30 ticks recorded).
    (with [Event] Ice Flower Sweets applied): 371.28 average Mount EXP per tick (from 30 ticks recorded).

Verdict?
    From the math I calculated above, The [Event] Ice Flower Sweets appears to not do anything to buff the mount experience earned.

NOW HOLD ON You might be saying "oh well it is 1.28 EXP higher if you use the Ice Flower Sweets so this proves nothing" but lets just put something into perspective:
    Equipping JUST a pair of Silver embroidered Trainers Clothes with a +3 enchantment, [​IMG] which applies a +20% Horse EXP Buff earns us a WHOPPING 433.57 average mount EXP per tick from 30 ticks recorded on the same horse...

so if the buff logic carried over from the Trainers Clothes to the [Event] Ice Flower Sweets item, which would give half that mount experience, we would expect an average Mount EXP per tick of approximately: 401.925.

WE SHOULD BE GETTING AN AVERAGE OF ABOUT 401.925 FROM THE [Event] Ice Flower Sweets AND NOT 371.28!!!

If Im right, I wouldn't be surprised as this wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened which would be a shame.
    [​IMG]

Please if I'm missing something here, an unspoken rule that I overlooked that makes this item work, please let me know. I want to be wrong here. Otherwise feel free to do the math yourself and test if you have the same results. :)

#1 ledious, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. RamblingRose

I have a stack of those. Have you reported it yet? I am so busy harpooning things during this event have not even attempted leveling horses. I think everyone is fishing if you look at the current state of the horse, pardon, donkey market.

Stillwaters and ledious like this.
  3. ledious

I have not reported it yet but i figured the devs pay attention to these forums so.

#3 ledious, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  4. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai! ^^

Just wanted to thank you for this feedback. Please know we've added it to the information passed onto our QA team, and please keep an eye on this thread too.

Stillwaters, RoxiAmbrosia and ledious like this.
  5. Pan1

Can you remove [EVENT] Special Ice Flower Sweets from npc shops and let us keep this buffs even after event ends? With current fishing even't I can't tame horse and would like to do it after fishing event ends. Also If the item not working properly that will give you a window to work on it and fix it so we can use it properly.

RoxiAmbrosia and ledious like this.
  6. Pan1

guys offtopic question here. Silver Embroidered Trainer clothe is registred frequently in market or i should make it TRI by myself?
    Cooking one took me around 30m -.-

7. Sidina

Sidina Lahn 62 EU

No idea how frequently they are listed, best is to put them on notice and see how many are listed and how many go to pre order

8. Stillwaters

Plz stop fishiing i have money and need a horse lol

9. Stillwaters

er mm that ones ugly send another zzz

10. RoxiAmbrosia

Way better to just make the silver clothes yourself, I'm in the processing of making a +4 cooks. Next I will be working on my gathering and training clothes

11. ledious

Same here, making my +4 trainers. Never seen a +5 anything though

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  12. RoxiAmbrosia

Right now I am using the "trainers clothes" you get as the reward because I like all the extra stats it gives. I wish you could plus it up, I don't see a reason to not give the Skill Training experience on all of them.

13. Pegacorn

Well, so has this been addressed or is it still not working? Any news? any updates would be much appreciated.

14. Salvie Vesuva

@GM Salome - the buff is still not working when it comes to the 'Mount EXP Gain +10%' !

I was so looking forward to getting back to horse training and using up my stack of 300 Event food (Special Ice Flower Sweets).
    And now I learn that all that silver is wasted and that you are taking the food away from us next week (maintenance) :(

Any new information/update/progress on finding a fix to help us out ?

Izarra likes this.
  15. ledious

They never fixed this. and actually most of you don't know but this is the 2nd year this has happened. the same issues existed with the previous event and there were forum topics about it then too with the same response from the devs, "that they would look into it."

I have some very powerful friends from huge guilds including Grievance and DeadSerious guilds who have a very big influence in the youtube community. They are just as upset by this reacurring behavior from the BDO devs as i am so I have sent them this topic to be archived and the next time BDO "forgets" to actually provide buffs on event items they say has a buff, they will return to this post as proof and spread the word for ALL BDO players to not participate in whatever event that will be.

The least they could have done is reimbursed all the players who owned flowers by the end of the event in some way, but they didn't even do that.

#15 ledious, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  16. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

But but, they can use this as reason for 30% bonus event! Killing 3 birds at same time - pretend they care about community, keep servers with afk horse trainers, prolong content delay.

17. ledious

i dont beleive that was the reason they started this event. im pretty sure this 30% training event was on their schedule long before the terimin event.