1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is archer a good class?

Discussion in 'Archer' started by Furies, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Kripion

Well the point is simple: so far each class with good gear had bigger or smaller chance od winning when played properly. The chance was based on match ups etc. But Archer is different. Against some (not one and not two) classes he has almost NO CHANCE of winning. Furthermore the opponent can go full evasion or mainly dp and will still be able to onecombo Archer because he is sooo squishy...

Achers movement and some skills almost scream for free grab, he cant distance himself fast enough to fire big dmg skills, and on top of that he drains stamina like crazy.

I dont mind to be a glass cannon but with soo many skills and stats that allow to shorten distances safely Archer is in dire need of better and safer escaping skills.

#21 Kripion, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. BboydD

To high mobility, a lot of sa, a lot of cc , the highest range of the game, an insane burst. The true question is: what is not OP on this class ?

easay9 and peanut777 like this.
  3. Ayowa

Ayowa Ninja 62 EU

A lot of SA? that was the best joke ever. An SA that is not covering full animations, an SA that can't be rotated at all cause u have a lot of holes that wont allow u to rotate properly so u need to chain with FG cancels to work successfully. Mobility that allows u to get grabbed even when u do a backflip. Im not saying this class is in a bad place, but in my view is overall balanced. It has a lot of dmg ofc, but we are probably the squishiest class which is ok too me since we are not suposed to be tanks or even average defenders. It just feels like u have a lil bit of fanboy class feeling. I can just see in all ur post saying "OP" /"IS OP"/"OP as fck" u maybe need to learn how to play against archers, I swear once u know how they work it's pretty easy to win as a grab class. Is not a class designed for 1on1 where we lack pretty much. Is just a monkey dmg dealer and that's all it has. Ofc a ranged class is suposed to have mobility, cause otherwise , if any class can catch up this range class for what do u want it as range then? Ilogic. We are S tier on dmg, -C tier on defense which is logic and fair in my view. But people just cries when a class has a lil bit of dmg. Its been happening for the last 2 years that every1 just complains about the dmg, seems like it's the only thing u value.

Also in the video u show, the outgear against those 2 guys is pretty obvious, but u just trust on everything u see. Also Q buff of archer allows u to deal ur dmg x2 (which in my opinion Im agree it is op) and thats why that zerker has been deleted. But once again, we may need to know those players GS and archer GS.

#23 Ayowa, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  4. Kripion

And once again we have a player who dont know the class he is taking about. I hope you learned sth from the post u demanded adding CD to Archer skills that already Has it.

And to answer your questions. Dmg burst isn't better than those od ninja, musa, mehwa or witch. Its partially ranged class but some skills are really slow or need to be casted on close range. Dp and dr scaling is the worst among all classes, protected movements has a lot of gaps. Everyone with ap over 240 can onecombo Archer.

Those words above does not fit to an OP class in my opinion. Or maybe you call op every class that killls you?

Ayowa likes this.
  5. stalas

ya ppl cry because they get range kill ... most of the time its witch wiz ranger dk killing then and they are like omg ****ing archer ...

6. stalas

or they are to scare to rush them so they Sblock and die ... anyclass can just rush an archer and kill it EZ and only in BA where its big flat area we can use the ranger we have... We cant shoot on hill really and stuff like that so ground reduce archer effectiveness in pvp around 30-70% depending on the area

7. Malkontent

Archer is a fun class, not a good one. Its too strong at whats its good at and far too weak at what its bad at.

8. Kuts2

I have a feeling there's a reason there were only two, very bad, ninjas in that video lol.

9. Kuts2

Just FYI, Tamer/Ranger/DK are in that same exact boat with you. All very squish even at post softcap DP.

10. Kripion

You mean Tamer who won 1vs1 tunament? or ranger with her grab?
    Only dk is in not good spot:) None is as fragile as Archer, all all of them have better evasions.

11. Kuts2

You seem to be confused about what I said - I didn't say they are bad classes, or that being fragile means you can't win a fight. Simply that Archer isn't uniquely fragile. I wouldn't be surprised if someone tested it and found that one in the list above is actually worse off in that aspect.

12. stalas

I use to play ranger 700 day before my archer now 63

Ranger have 0 hp sustain but is bit better with DR evasion scaling mostly twice tankier if i take like eva /dr build. but 0 hp regen so :# and ranger have bit more iframe like dash even if its the wort dash in the game 4 sec cd iframe no SA in cd. and EES X2 iframe 12 sec cd with stiff and i can EZ stiff swap block grab with ranger ...

Tamer have just alot more iframe than archer and flat bit more tanky but a little bit.

DK if just made of paper but some iframe and good movement but lack CC protect and some combo i mean DK is still better in DP iframe than archer...

Probleme with archer is yea u have some SA and block doing CC and dmg but... vs class like witch or wiz with eva build even with 284 ap u just can CC them so u can kill them . ranger and tamer will kill witch and wiz so much better cuz grab.
    Dk cant do anything to them to i think so maybe DK is worst for real but still more iframe on DK :#

Maybe they can add Iframe on meteor or glide (Dash) and maybe remove 1 CC protect or 2 to compensate + eva buff or DR scaling buff or someting like SA dmg reduce 25% like witch wiz with their 40% dmg reduce stacking with shield 15% and 350 dp 20% getting ... 75% dmg reduc on witch wiz... we got 0

13. Flesh007

Archer this: big damag + low deff + mobility = balance. Archer has no problems. Problems have other classes in relation to balance. Such as ranger or DK eg.

14. Tristesse

Lol! Don't listen to 99% of what you read here, and and certainly not from ppl that say "OP".
    Playing a archer and doing good on it has nothing do to with dmg, its all about kiting.

If you fight a noob, you can do good on any class, if you fight a good player then its a whole different game.

Kiting is so extreemly difficult on archer. I do alot of 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5, whatever setup you play, they ALWAYS go for you!
    This actualy means you can barely do any dmg during the first minute or so, the only thing you do is trying to stay alive and get a cc for your teammates, your actually more a support class in those fights then anything else, so doing alot of dmg is very subjective...

Then there is also the environment that can really work against you, ppl can hide from you, skills don't hit, you can get stuck or pump against a wall or rock.
    Most of your protections come from FG, but when your getting attacked by multiple ppl from different angles its really hard to stay safe.

+ your extreemly squichy, so if you get caught in any kinda dmg you just get blown up.

Dmg only starts from 261, you need to have that range pressure for forcing ppl to play less aggresive and they will just keep going.

Against grab classes like ninja's or mystics with vacuum into grab its pff..really hard!
    So again, OP EASY class? ... lolz, don't believe it. And the ppl that say it, let me inv you in ba to fight a few friends of mine and will see how that goes.

#34 Tristesse, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  15. Kripion

Well and furthermore Archer CC capability nerf is just about to hit global lab.. however we need a proper patch notes translations to see how serious it is.....

#35 Kripion, Jul 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
  16. Tristesse

You serious? I didn't even know about this.
    Can you give all the info you know so far?

17. Kripion

• Flow: Light's Trail knockdown changed to stiffness
    • Radiant Storm stiffness on first hit changed to apply in PvE only
    • Deadly Explosion knockdown changed to apply in PvE only
    • Bolt of Radiance knockback changed to apply in PvE only

18. Tristesse

Talked already about it in the archer discord, thx for posting anyway.
    Flow: Light's Trail knockdown changed to stiffness > this is a real problem ... completly destroys our ranged combo!

19. Kripion

Yea once again Archer is forced to play on close range

20. Waifu_Hunter

this is pve game anyway what's the problem?