1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is BDO p2w? ohdear ;)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WhySoSeeryus, Jul 22, 2020.

1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

04:30 How much he spent in the game
    07:30 Why he P2Ws
    14:00 Regrets
    17:58 P2W in Other Games
    24:00 RMT in BDO
    30:30 How to P2W

contains some really neat "tactics" on how to che.... cleverly move silver in the game. kakao might take a look into these things also.

#1 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Aka71r3n

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!
    For real? How the f*** can someone spent so much on a videogame and stay sane?
    Nah, for real. My brain just cant comprehend this.
    Why buy a house if u can spend it on bdo? Dayum, im nearly cryin out for the stupidity.
    Will watch the rest now to maybe get some of the tipps u mentioned.
    But damnit, emotionally, i dont want to get tipps from a whale this crazy (not to you, but the guy in the vid).
    *BRAIN MELTS SILENTLY AWAY* ^^

3. NoobGamersBerlin

Did you watch the whole video? Who told you that he can‘t effort it and he isn‘t already owning the flat/house he is living in? It might be not imaginable but there are people earning enough money that they just don‘t know what else they need it for. You might not like it but it is as well not our choice and as well it is not on us to judge this persons sanity.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  4. Aka71r3n

Read again what i wrote. Whetre did i say he wasnt able to buy a house etc?
    But iu propably wont get where im comin from...
    This world is doomed. :D

Menor and Jinoro like this.
  5. Naho

They already did and ppl got temp ban and negative balance

6. NoobGamersBerlin

Your question is implying that!

7. Aka71r3n

Implying what?
    Maybe you should quote right, or explain bether.
    Nothing is implyed with what i said.

8. Boink

Was he "Enhancing For Profit" with Pen Dande? LOL

Jinoro and zhagsten like this.
  9. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

well, if crons are "free"... ;)

#9 WhySoSeeryus, Jul 22, 2020
  10. Skol600ml

Fact of the day:
    There no "Win" in BDO for individuals, so the term P2W means "Pay to Whatever".

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  11. FunkD

This is why I found all the whining and complaints about the Hystria hackers last year and whatnot laughable, because I knew just by glancing at the #'s of items sold in the Pearl tab of the marketplace that whales have single handily ruined this game's integrity and fairness by 10,000 fold in comparison, and it's all officially sanctioned cheating.

Are some of you still holding your lit torches for your precious "25 fishbots were banned this week" post? Are you still mad at those zany mappers I read all about a few months ago? Because all of the botting, hacking, and exploiting combined could never hold a candle to what the official cash shop mechanics have done to this game.

This guy is far from alone too. There have been hundreds of thousands of costumes sold on NA.

Quite sad, really.

Anyways, thank the lord I found another game with far better PvP than BDO for my PvP fix. Zero P2W as well.

Smell ya later BDO forums lol.

12. Boink

Since I only use my crons for T9 Awakening for "free" I got a good tally on how much I've gotten in the past 2 years. Maybe around 9-10k crons.

40 fs attempts on my 5th T9 awakening
    2 - DOOM
    6 - DINE
    13 - PEPEGASUS
    27 - PEPEGASUS

I still have around 2k-2.5k crons in my warehouse.

That is doing all RIFT, VELL, CRONMOTH, and most of the event-related stuff.

I have nothing against players who p2w btw. That is their money use it when they need or in this case "want" it. Some players will find it weird spending that much money for a Pen Dande. I guess in a different perspective some will find my gambling habits in Poker as irrational.

But yes I admit I do have addiction problems.... there is no doubt in my mind. Hence I do play this game for the gambling aspect of it LOL.

13. woots

imagine in 2020 still wondering if BDO is p2w.
    you win advantage your cant get without swipping your credit card, without having counter part in game ( or so "tedious" to get that you will realisticly never have the same things )
    that's the definition of p2w, you win way more in game compare to "f2p" player.

BDO is a very good exemple of p2w game, and it doesnt matter if its over expensive for what it is ( or if you can waste what you paid for, like crons with the rng enhance attempt )

14. Tolmos

I watched the vid trying to figure out how he could spend that much and not have an insane amount of buyer's remorse, and his response to "is this affecting your life" kind of answered that. He basically said that spending $2k a day for an entire month ($60,000 in one month) didn't remotely affect bank account in a meaningful way.

It sounds like this is pocket change to this guy. $160,000 in the game for him is like $1600 for anyone else kinda thing

15. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 63 EU

BDO is P2W both way, its pay to win - actually not rly, coz paying not rly help you progress, its gonna speed it up but you still have to play. BDO is play to win - yeas, BDO as any other progression game require you to play game and work hard for progression, its not BR or Seasonal or Dungeon crawler game where you getting to cap on fast flow and receive best gear for free, its a game where you must play and play with your brain. Or you can bark on forums about other players do what ever they want with their money.

16. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

In 1990 losers blamed lag, in 2020 they blame optionnal cash shops.

#16 Smileybones, Jul 22, 2020
  17. LiquidEmotion

This guy extremely rich. He even says that he lived a lavish life before covid hit by buying expensive clothes and always dining at michelin star restaurants. Now he is just spending more on BDO since he doesn't go out as much and it barely puts a dent in his bank account. Just like in real life, money will get you much further than people without it. This is unfortunately why bdo is a joke when it comes to being competitive. Ontop of RNG cucking you, you have people who can just swipe to get ahead.

Reyer, Souda, Vanraven and 4 others like this.
  18. NoobGamersBerlin

He said as well that if you reach 650 GS a higher gear score doesn’t matter that much anymore because he is still one combo to others even with his 700 GS but getting above 650 is where he was spending the most.

It is still my belief that guys like him a just a 0,1% minority which barely have an effect on others.

PeaceInChaos likes this.
  19. Boink

https://pearlabyss.com/ir/contents

This tells you something different. Unless you truly believe .1% dumps 120k each quarter...

20. LiquidEmotion

Well there are categories to Whales. Still a small majority but you have guys going for 700gs, 670gsd. 650gs, 630gs. The point is, these guys are just swiping to get ahead and people hate that.

I knew a guy who swiped to soft cap over a year ago. Something that took most people about a year to do he did in a month. Just stuff like that is annoying.

Oakley likes this.