1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is BDO p2w? ohdear ;)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WhySoSeeryus, Jul 22, 2020.

1. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

My point is, majority of players who complain about game being p2w, simple refuse to actually play it, they just can't accept you must work hard for several month's to get 1 piece of gear.

2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

Its not really a problem to work hard. Problem is watching others getting a free pass. ;)

Ive bought majority of my pens with silver via lifeskills and mountains of looted mobs. Ive tapped 2, but as my luck would have it, i would have been better off if i bought those also. I know some people that got full pen sets in less clicks than it took me to get my dande alone.

3. LightningFFXIII-4

Pay to feel like your Winning but in actuality your losing IRL and the only winners are PA/Kakao.

Menor and Findubar like this.
  4. AtomicPotato

You just jealous about other players being richer than you in real life, gotcha. No point to blame company for taking money if those people willing to pay them to own you, because if company won't take it, Billy the pandorian will do, you can't change human nature.
    I'm remember what was happening before companies actually start taking money from players willing to pay to win, games was unplayable by "China" farming bots (in reality they was NA bots) who was controlling all aspects of game, making its nearly to impossible to progress w/o paying them. I'd rather pay company for services than i'd pay Billy so he let me grind some spot.

5. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

What are you talking about..PA is selling PEN attempts right there in the pearl store.
    Take some pretty bad luck to fail $50k a year.

6. AtomicPotato

Don't worry bruh, i do PEN attempts (actually i don't, because i'm full PEN) w/o paying money, I'm happy that other paying company to keep services going on and update game.

7. WhySoSeeryus

Can we avoid ad hominem and have an attempt at normal discussion? Its for sure not about jelaousy, I can tell you that. its up to you to beleive it or not.
    Maybe some people have idealistic view on how GAMES should work.

In any case, this topic was not about thos game being p2w or not, it was just to show people who(gearwise) they have to compete for real pvp endgame in this game. Some content is indeed reserved for people like these and their similiar friends. To them u r like a nuissance even in full c9 gear.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  8. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You mean to have more gambling put in the game as "content".

9. AtomicPotato

PA especially said they not going over PEN gear, content is - new classes and new area's which they adding. If you enjoy BDO' PVP but don't want to progress, PA made stand alone game specially for you, its on steam, free to play, called Shadow Arena.
    Once again, stop making its look like its impossible to reach ~700 GS w/o paying money, don't want to play - pay, don't want to pay - play. You can easily have ~15bil/month income literately by doing nothing, for ~30b/month you require to play and use your brain. If you don't want to play, you can pay, if you can afford.

10. Findubar

They will 100% refuse to play it the 2nd or 3rd time for the same piece of gear. Just as intended.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

WTF, where you been? We are 2 tiers past PEN. C20, then dead god. The later requiring even more hardcore gambling. Because that's what you people keep paying them for. And next year, there will be yet another tier, and non gamblers will be further behind.

But guess what this sales for..so we who are not yet at PEN can "catch-up" huh? ROFL, yep, all we need is a 100 FS and a few bucks, and you too can be part of the crew building your caphras stack, no longer worrying about petty enhancements..

#71 Kynreaa, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    KhaosThanathan and Vortexii like this.
  12. Boink

Casual PVE lifeskillers. How do you know they are not whaling?

I think there is a reasonable explanation of why Pearl Abyss make a lot of money quarter earnings. Most will try out the came and push hard to get to soft cap and then settle. Which means they are more likely will spam artisans and to the point some crons.

There is no way ONLY PVP/Siege scene/hardcore high GS are swiping that hard. You said it yourself they are a small fraction of the playerbase.

As for actually not swiping, I'm Pearl-Free 2 years ago and I have pretty high Gearscore amongst my alts. Yes you are right everyone can get there without swiping. A combination of luck and playing smart can get players up there.

13. Vortexii

I get your point, but it's not really worth the time. Nor would you likely accept the truth based upon your statements. It's also a very intricate issue. There are cash shop items like lodging that create additional workers that either can't be obtained or cost heavily in CP. In a case like this it may be a permanent daily income increase.

The expense is often disperse over years which makes it much more affordable. Players may sell VP's etc and get a boost each month.

There is also an issue of getting a mass gear score much quicker and then reaping the increased income rewards for months+

Correct, @AtomicPotato you really lost a lot of credibility in those statements. They really do sound very uninformed about a system that has been in place for a long time.

People like to conveniently forget you would have to dedicate your life to the game to compete with whales and exploiters. Not just a few hours a day, the majority of your day. If you really want to compete with the top players.

#73 Vortexii, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
  14. Minto

Dude can you stop your bs ! easily 15bil/month by doing nothing, so its mean no grind, no afk, no workers empire, no lifeskill, no sailing, god i have never read any kind of crap like this, just stop your whiteknight trolling !

#74 Minto, Jul 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  15. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I doubt that many people consider the vp to be pay to win. The cron melting, artisans memory and now the crons and the two different valks in the cron bundle are definitely pay to win.

#75 MoonDance17, Jul 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  16. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Must work hard. Lolololol. It's a game and is supposed to be fun not hard work!

Findubar likes this.
  17. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

We can thank him for supporting BDO servers, alone. Amen!

Fearless V likes this.
  18. Vortexii

Correction: The Value Pack was definitively defined as Pay2Win by many upon release and still to this date. The exp portion of it was never really a concern. It's mainly the immense amount of extra income from selling items on the market. Especially for people who do less processing etc and sell literally billions in materials alone.

Also for the grinders it's a major boost.

As an example I already have Billions in sold items sitting in the market waiting to be obtained.

Lets destroy the trolls before they even speak: While it's possible to use Loyalty (for now could potentially be removed) to get a single day Value Pack that often won't be enough to sell of high priced items and massive volume. I can only sell 10,000 of various materials this way for example while I may have 100,000's of them.

So overall, the Value Pack under the right conditions is simply worth a massive amount of silver.

MoonDance17 likes this.
  19. WhySoSeeryus

i honestly dont mind one-off (what you see is what you get/no rng) items for purchase like worker slots and tent (eventho price is retarded, but thats another issue), even value pack i dont mind paying as i consider it a "subscription". what triggers me is additional mini subs like kama and moon book, rng pets/fairy, artisans, cron/valk melting and other things that just go well above what i consider fair play and stuff thats good for game health.

KhaosThanathan and MoonDance17 like this.
  20. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 63 NA

Wait.... Theres p2w in this game?

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o