1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is BDO p2w? ohdear ;)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by WhySoSeeryus, Jul 22, 2020.

1. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

I'm sorry, I couldn't understand anything you just said.

2. Vortexii

The lodging worker slots is one of the most profitable aspects of the game though. The issue is being able to have more workers than can otherwise be obtained. The problem is unlike selling a Value Pack, this is permanent income and fairly high. If one player has additional workers that the other does not, over months/years this can create a huge disparity.

It's to my understand this doesn't just replace CP cost, but actually allows you workers that can't be obtained via CP.

KhaosThanathan likes this.
  3. Motoko_Shi

Motoko_Shi DarkKnight 62 NA

Exactly. The core "gameplay loop" in BDO is boring, and sucks. If it was fun, no one would pay Filipinos to grind for them.

4. Vortexii

Not entirely true it's a complex issue:
    • The older game culture was different. More time may have been spent in MMO's because they also had far less things available to them.
    • The grinders are not dead. People still play Diablo 2 to this day
    • The game isn't designed to be rewarding for playing it
    Many people enjoy a chill grind especially in parties. Pearl Abyss just hasn't done a very good job on this aspect.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

i agree that these slots are actual p2w item coz its unobtainable in-game(and goes above obtainable slots in game), but at least its "buy it once without rng", isnt character bound and actually isnt pricey so i can somewhat understand it lets say.

would be amazing if there was actual interesting (and worthwhile) group play for making money. new calpheon spot isnt that bad moneywise but damn it makes people yawn.

6. Skol600ml

Win what exactly? Better gear? Better gear to win what exactly?
    Who is the current BDO's winner?

7. Skol600ml

That 1v1 winner wins what exacly? Who is he? There is a tournament in NA server? What is the prize?
    There is one player that win a Castle alone? Wow that is badass. My english sucks for sure but "individual" does not means collective. One "winner" means **** in 100vs100 and even less in 500vs500.

8. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

fun, of course. ;)

9. Vortexii

Many times I WON spots by people trying to gank, but getting killed. I MAINTAINED the area, the MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF A PVP GAME.

In a given situation where a a player is able to force a clan war, mob feed, and be successful it's nearly impossible to grind in that condition and it's better to leave. Thus they would WIN AND CONTROL THE AREA.

When the game is over crowded it's only EVERYTHING LOL, old Sausan PK parties could PK 40 times without going red. They could waste an hour of sometimes time just in the loading screen and running back let alone the risk of accidental mob death.

Now ignore all of this and go back to your ignorant statements, as per that's how these forums work lol.

10. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Did you read what I typed?
    Gambling in this game is not isolated to gear..win the right skills on your horse, win the right skills on your faerie, win the blue gear for carrack, win the correct tier pet, etc etc , and even more etc.
    What ever your personal win condition is. You have to pay for it in this game, till you're in a position to just hang out gimp free I guess if you are not the competitive type. But if you are then yea, P2W more chances at getting the best gear to win fights.

If your arnt competitive, why do you care?

KhaosThanathan and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

I like how, like, 90% of your replies to others on the forum always start with or include words like, "WRONG!!!", or "blatantly false", or "flawed statements", "wee woo wee woo wrong wrong wrong triple exclamation point" lul. Literally, almost every reply I read from you has you telling other people these things, with your bolded, underlined, italicized, multi-colored text. Like a toddler wanting to win an argument or something. You're funny. :D

Smileybones likes this.
  12. Boink

This explains a lot about "Profit With Enhancing". I'm certain he is not the ONLY one that is a giant whale. He spent 140k in 2-3 years of entertainment. According to this https://pearlabyss.com/ir/contents NA/EU PC version of this game made around 40m average every 3 months.

The mandatory stuff people buy like Maids, PETs, Worker slots mostly are a one-time deal. Value packs are around $15 dollars. I had a conversation with someone about it. Even if we add all the timed buffs like Kamasylva and Old Moon. There is no way NA/EU can cough 40 MILLION dollars almost EVERY 3 months "casually" not whaling. Unless we have somewhere close to 1 million active subscribers in BDO "casually" playing the game and dropping $15 value packs. Or the most obvious, there are more whales than people think.

Blitzball and MoonDance17 like this.
  13. Spartakatz

many casuals will probably still buy the initial 40$ pack or so. many will spend like 50$ or more per month what they would also spend on other games. that's pocket money for most people. far from whaling. even if you would drop a couple hundred $ you get nowhere near what people make ingame nowadays.
    i would have to buy like 25 costumes per week to make the same cash i do with semi afk bartering, that's a few thousands $ per month (!)

i highly doubt there are so many people that actually catch up just by swiping.

14. MADE

It depends. In some cities there is no way to utilize every node without buying lodging from pearl shop.
    On other cities you only spare CP, though in the new cities like Grana and Direghan, lodging is so expensive, that buying lodging/storage means loot.

Though it's far from the biggest issue. Even if you would make 20k/hour/cp with the extra cp you spare (you not going), it ain't that much. You earn like 1mill extra daily if you run them 24/7 and spare 50cp.

In the past it maybe mattered, but the node system is a old feature, which ain't got updated, meanwhile you make much more money by grinding and lifeskilling than you used to be, while most of the node products are traded at min limit, if someone even buys it....

15. Boink

I seriously doubt that there are only 20k PEAK (Average) players on steam (NA/EU). How many players do you think we have in the actual client?

Dude you can see the enhancement spams with cronned Tuvala. That's SOFTCAP range. There are definitely hardcore players trying to catch up even in Season servers. Unless you are one of those players that believe you can buy more than 20-30 costumes per week in the marketplace so you can cron spam PENS for "profit" on a 3-6% winning variable. I know I still have my costume order for the past 3 weeks now that's with a sale. No, they don't hand out crons (a lot of them) as most people claimed

#95 Boink, Jul 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  16. Crimson_Scarlet

Crimson_Scarlet Shai 60 NA

So BDO is p2w sure , now can someone here tell me how much money it would cost to get an account to say 600 gs? As in from someone who was a whale and just bought a fresh account, how much irl money and how long it would take to reach that? (aside from things like pinoys/player bought accounts) Just using the swipe swipe method.

And yes im agreeing to it being p2w but since there are so many experts on the subject here can you inform us to how much and how long it would take?

17. Skol600ml

The whole idea of P2W is the win your game through payment, not grinding, and i'm doing stupid statements?

18. Spartakatz

P2W with Tuvala??? hahahaha that's the best stuff ever.

I'm really scared about those tuvala guys. Right after oasis weapon guy, and suppressed kzarka guy. Yes, they immediately win and flatten ever player who made dozens of billions with normal gameplay.

19. Skol600ml

In my server the best geared and the biggest whale is an absolute joke in PVP, Biohack here looks full geared, same. And there is no single player tournament in this game at all.

20. Boink

Enhancement is base on "luck" you are taking a chance to be part of that percentage you are playing in. There are some players that will play on a PEN winning percentage at 3-6% and have remarkable results. All I know is that a huge percentage of players will not get the results they wanted 94-97% will be on a negative. Which means they have to cough in more money than they should.

When he described paying 5-6k for a PEN DANDE that was long time ago and Artisans were like X 3 multiplier. Also failstacking on green gear was not introduced back then and players were failstacking on boss gear. It was only introduced when they released playing percentages. For a real FTP player I introduced part of that mechanics a year and a half ago. I could only say with X 5 multiplier and "cheaper" failstacking options (especially with the recent Tuvala Gear) and a lot of giveaway mechanics like 100 FS. It is definitely cheaper 2-3 years ago.

I'm not saying EVERYONE p2w. I'm saying a lot more whales out there than this guy, which for me is justified since he does stream and needs that "advertisement". Full PEN, FULL Caphras, "enhancing for profit" boom a lot of views.

Well what exactly do you think that is? Why do you think Pearl Abyss released Season servers if they are not going to make any money? Maybe a chance that players will P2W and dominate the grinding areas or now... dominate in Arsha.

Come on some players were full PEN TUVALA in the first week. It's working.

Crimson_Scarlet likes this.