1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is BDO still fun?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Jas24k, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Thanak

It really depend on what your diffinition of grindable is.

From, 61 to 62 the XP rate is much lower than from 60 to 61.

I'm at 61.09 and I'm often on the top 5 with a growth icon above my head. During node war, I usually drop but I'm still usually in the top 30. I think we have around 5 lvl 62 on NA.

Doing just my grind hour, with marni stone, I can make 1% in 5-6 days. With marni stone outside of grind hour, the best I've managed was 0,14% in a hour.....

If they don't change the XP rate, I'll be happy if I make 62 before the year ends :)

2. Yuusayn

Now you know how your parents feel

3. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

its fun until you use legendary beast power and moonlight strike or until when you have to fight a 530 gearscore+ mystic, striker, valkyrie, sorc, maehwa, musa kunoichi, ranger or until you meet a guy who doesn't care if he lives and dies and just spams all his grabs in teh air until it once works after 10 deaths so his teammates can zerg you cause he can't do anything alone (except spam grab die repeat) or until a kuno/ninja exploits the game by using the ability "hide" or until a sorc exploits the game by walking out of stiffness faster and by standing up faster than other classes or until you read the forum to see people giving their opinions when they don't understand how their classes work or until a sorc/ranger exploits the game by using ranged knockdowns that block emergency escape and can be spammed from 30 meters behind u in 10v1

or until u realize that siege guild players get 10billion free uncontested money just cus theyre willing and shameless enough to zerg the game and cus pa rewards them for it

or until u start enchanting

Jas24k and Joungf like this.
  4. Alrikmerc

Alrikmerc Grimmdhal Tamer 63 NA

mostly this.

ODB3698 likes this.
  5. Circassia

When was it ever?

6. Vyky

Vyky Maehwa EU

Maybe for you it is better to do things in your real life like go to holiday, cinema, party, shopping, dinner, drinking, etc. alone.
    But other people in their real life have friends. Making things together is much more fun like living your life alone.

7. YAMOLLYFIEND

What else do you expect in a MMO? What else do you want? People really are quick to complain but never offer a solution to the problem, it's easy to point out problems but it's not easy to contribute to fixing them.

What else would you want? Suggest it then and discuss it with other players on the forums. The game constantly adds patches and events to keep players on track and not leave them bored.

Don't know what's there to complain about, but nobody's gonna spoon feed you enjoyable playtime if you don't seek it out yourself. Either take a break and stop playing for a month or two so you can be excited once again about the game, or suggest a fix. The problem with %90 of the players is that they no-life the game all day and then complain about how boring it is.

Yeah the game offers "paid advantages" but that doesn't mean you can't get them if you don't pay. The game always has events for a reason and it always pumps out new content just so players that don't donate have a chance. After all, if it wasn't for those paid advantages we wouldn't be talking here. And it's not even a huge advantage, you can do whatever you want as a free player but it just takes more time and can you blame them? Someone is actively supporting the game by donating so they do deserve a gift of some kind but at the same time it's fair and it's not gonna ruin the gameplay for everyone.

You're just looking out for excuses when in reality there's a solution to everything. Paid advantages? Sure, you can always get advantages for free though but it'll just take more time. You can't expect a game to run alone on a B2P model because at one point the game's population will not increase or decrease that much on a daily basis and then there's no more funding to the game. Also all those channels and servers that are being hosted cost a lot of money.

Arghbeast_old likes this.
  8. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

For most of my friends and me, yea.

9. ODB3698

I don't find much fun in the game currently. I'm not interested in the majority of alternative classes (I was hyped about the mystic until it launched and I realized someone decided to limit character customization options for us). The other classes just aren't my thing in terms of play style and mechanics. I do still enjoy valkyrie though. I'm looking forward to the new upcoming class though...assuming they don't decide to limit my options on that one too. I find the game play to be pretty stale now too though....primarily because they are starving us regarding ability to enhance/progress. The enhancement success rate (for me) has been non existent for quite some time. You will undoubtedly say rng is rng...but that's not quite how it works in this game. This game has weighted rng...where the rng is intentionally biased towards failure in order to prolong the life of the game. Even that would be okay, but it feels like there is an additional component of an rng "seed" where a player/character can be perpetually stuck with a higher than normal failure rate. I guess this may all be tinfoil on my part...due to having failed so many times and had such a low loot chance rate over years time span now. In short, things stop being fun when they begin to seem pointless...like there will never be success. You can only fail so many times and still have optimism/enjoyment...unless you're a masochist.

I will add that node wars are still enjoyable to me. That's the one part of the game that I do still actively participate in. Class balance could use some work to make that better, but overall node wars is fun.

10. Indeed. Some ppl, like me, have the most fun when we realize that TOP\L33T\HARDCORE is not for us.
    The most fun I had with the game was leveling and doing random stuff in lower levels. Nowadays playing for some chill time and genuine enjoyment while making slow but steady progress has become the most fun. OFC pvp is a no-issue to me, but I accept that, I wont ever, most prolly, PVP. \care. I still pay the optional "sub" and have genuine fun.

YAMOLLYFIEND likes this.
  11. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

BDO is still fun for me. I do play other MMOs but I am rational enough to play them for what they offer and not pissed vinegar and bleed salt on what they do not.

Largest issue I see with BDO is people who want it to do everything their old MMO of choice did but call it bad for not doing it.

Some things objectively can be done to make the game better, and compared to the middle of year one a lot of good changes have come. Though in all honesty I think if you play for a month and you dislike it? Let it go and move on. Play what appeased your senses. Games evolve and to do that they have to make identities for themselves - and there is nothing new about giving people the same content from a prior place in a shiny bow.

I also grew up on Korean MMOs so I am not phased by this stuff and have a better mind/appreciation but awareness of the good and bad of this genre.

Arghbeast_old likes this.
  12. Andaro

Ambassador

I feel like its an mmo.... Nuff said

13. Mikroman

We described problems. Fixing "problems" is the solution
    - Remove ALL paid advantages or make this items in game content too: sell pearl shop only item in marketplace is not "you can get it without pay" . Make pets in game farmed "items"! "standardize" costumes!:remove special effects like extra speed in crafting or using storage in processing. Make costume items real COSTUME items and non "you have to chose it" items!
    - more party activites and better group management: Real co-op missions and not "we are working in same area but we do quest in solo"! Easy way to target friendly players in PvP (single target buffs, resurrect). Larger groups? (raids???)
    - make open world and small scale PvP profitable: any way to NOT punish players and generate more pvp? PvP currency or other "reward"? or some "chosing side" and faction war options maybe? (+ remove or nerf uncontested "Node war" and "siege" rewards!) or just make trades more profitable, remove NPC transportations and make trade items "Free to grab" for others after killing innocent traders?! :D
    - Remove or reduce RNG: spending 1000 hours to GAMBLE all your money and MAYBE win (and not lose all) better item(s) in forced gamble is not fun. Generate static - non RNG upgrade system!
    - REAL crafting system?: craft your gear instead of killing stupid low IQ monsters! More armors and weapons mabye?

Jas24k likes this.
  14. Hakazumi

Hakazumi Ranger 58 EU

It still is for me.

Andaro likes this.
  15. Jas24k

I find myself afk fishing more then actually playing. Hmmmm......whats on t.v? ;)

16. Seoulstar

Minus the racism in sever and sometimes roleplay chat, the people who completely outgear you which results in them destroying you as you barely tickle their HP..and enchanting that can cause stress..yes, it's quite fun.

17. Findubar

the forums are

Revalenia likes this.
  18. Jas24k

Lol, Sounds so exciting ,lets run this as a sales pitch on google for BDO ;)