1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is free market confirmed?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Smilence, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Smilence

i really want to know if free market confirmed and does it mean player driven price? This is bigger than any balance issue or sea hunting issue.

I can deal with all the crap and still playing and paying, but having zero possibility of getting any good gear on MP is my trigger....

I can afford a TET (not preorder price), I can participate the bidding with 0.00001% chance to buy it, having player driven marketing will make a TET same price as preorders, so people like me will no long have a fair chance to competing in MP.

BDO is just not designed for free market.

PS, I’m interest in what a log would sell when we have free market, 1m? Maybe that’s my opportunity, go chopping lol

RageAgainst likes this.
  2. Esix

its news from the devs themselves, but described as not entirely a free market, but free-ish

3. Eppo

Eppo Musa 62 EU

No, they confirmed buy orders. It sounds similar to GW2's system but with price caps. This hopefully will replace the pre-order system and give sellers the full price minus tax instead of what we currently have, which discourages people from selling and drives up prices a lot. I don't think it will do a lot for materials though as the demand will always far outweigh supply.

4. Smilence

Works the same like real free market

5. Arreyanne

Arreyanne Lahn 59 NA

If they truely open it like that game over at Blizzard, here's what we will see

+0 Kzarka 1, 000,000,000
    +0 Boss gear 10, 000,000,000
    +0 Dande 100,000,000,000

and it will keep rising as the seller will now have all that silver

6. 6footgeeks

free ish?

what does that mean tho :o

7. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

You mean players can actually sell TET for what its worth? You think its fair that TET boss gear goes for 1 bil? Hell no! It takes a lot more effort to first, get the items itself, spend bunch of time, mats and effort, failing and failing to get it to +15.. now finally get it to TRI and then continue failing until you have finally clicked it to TET.. and that sell for only 1 bil??? I so hope this free market mean we can control prices and sell TET for ~5bil like it should be worth.

AZzalor, Kynreaa and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  8. iller

That would be really stupid because it would only make the Inflation problems worse ... just like in GW2 which I QUIT b/c I got sick of its constant inflation and constant World-Hopping WVW meta that made the Gemflation even worse

I'd much rather sell all my TRI pieces of bossgears (15 of them) for 1/3rd of price they could potentially go for, just to stay in this economic model where all of the Base commodities are held down to nearly the same prices they were when the game first launched

Everything else ? ... AP rings?... Relics? BossGear?.... TETS... it's all just luxury items that makes most fights easier than they actually should be. No one NEEDS any of those things to reasonably experience 99% of the content in this game yet. And if they were REALLY being smart about all this, they'd just introduce a separate type of currency from the Pre-Order sales that just grants the Seller bonus energy discounts for Nightvendor Rolls, varying Tiers of "Rented Hedgehogs" for gathering, and straight up Shaktu Gear boxes to directly tackle the problem of not enough Supply and too much SilverFlation

#8 iller, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  9. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

If they make free market I will quit lol. You imagine the ridiculous prices on items?

Sizer, TucoRamires, Rygart and 5 others like this.
  10. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

You played this game for over 2 years, what do you not have that you really need to buy? A PEN Ogre is gonna be ridiculous price, is that what you are afraid of?

Reigne Irkalla likes this.
  11. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

LOL, so you think that whatever items we have now its all we will ever going to get? You live in a box if thats your mentality. Free market will not only hurt market now, it will also hurt future content. Go check out those other games where people can set price to what ever they like. Go check how fun that is for most players. See, I might have a bunch of stuff but many players dont. You are thinking for yourself. You want to be a bit selfish, go ahead, Do you. I however think that if this is implemented, players will have worst time of their life's trying to get items. Its not as easy now but at least they have a chance.

papragu, Rygart, Diliskar and 4 others like this.
  12. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Plenty of people sitting on their extra boss gears and not selling them because the price is just not right... 94mil for Dande that might have taken you a year to get as a drop doing Karanda every day... If you sell you get like what? ~60ish millions out of it? That is the reason why these items are hard to come by... nobody is selling them unless there are pearls involved...
    Sure don't implement free market, they should at least bump up the prices to what they should be, base Dande should be at least a billion if not more... if you ask me it should be like 5 bil. Since this is the top end weapon that is probably will not be replaced for a loooooong time if it ever even will be replaced..

AZzalor likes this.
  13. RageAgainst

RageAgainst Mystic 61 NA

TET Dande's aren't worth 5 billion silver. I'm not sure what they are going for now, but 2-3 months ago before inflation took hold avg preorder price for a TET dande was 1.8b silver. That is people willing to spend more in order to bypass bidding on the item, we spend the extra money for the convenience, not because it's worth that much.

iller and R.Prescott like this.
  14. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

I don't care what the pre-orders are, go and try get a Dande drop from Karanda and then tell me if you wanna sell it for 94mil and only make ~60mil profit. Is it worth it?

15. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Who decides what its worth? If I get a free item drop from a boss and I sell it, its worth every bit of silver. Sorry but because some ppl say TRI/TET items should be worth more than 1.5b+, dont mean they are.

RageAgainst and Factorial like this.
  16. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

new players friendly btw, boss gear now cost 10x as much silver mainwhile new players busy farming at catfish for that easy 2m an hour silver ;)

Smileybones likes this.
  17. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

Time and Effort invested into getting an item is what decides the price of that item. Thats why people only selling those items for pearls because the its not worth the silver with the current prices.

AZzalor likes this.
  18. Prochilles

Are they really going to do this???? Finally devs will do something good to the game for a change, though let's not count our chickens... They've pretty much let us down on everything thisfar so hard to believe this will be good.

What this means is that current liquid silver will be devalued and all the assets we own, their value will increase with the exception of a few items.

Holy crap this just saved the game for me, hope isn't a troll. This was really the only thing devs could do to bandaide sea monster issue.

So many new silver methods will become viable and items that have always maintained a price way less than their actual value will now be worth investing time into.

Man I hope this is actually a thing. Anyone have a link????

Kynreaa and Reigne Irkalla like this.
  19. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

This! +1

20. nolasigns

They will need a system to prevent buy low sell high investing. Otherwise, rich people will just buy up everything, set the price ridiculous to gain a huge margin.

They need a huge penalty to resubmit an item to the MP after purchase. Maybe make item(s) bound upon purchase and require a coupon to resell it.

This way, competitive sellers will drive the prices down, and the occasional desperate for silver players will push it even more down.

RageAgainst likes this.