1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it possible to turn Venia Riding Attire into a gem?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by DiaborMagics, Oct 28, 2018.

1. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Ranger 60 EU

Hello,

I just found out what the use is for the black spirit claw pieces I always sell - basically something I have wanted for a long time; the ability to turn a pearl outfit into a gem and slot it into another, so that you can use the effect on that other outfit.

I am reading contradicting information about whether or not it is possible to turn the Venia Riding Attire into a gem and slot it into a different outfit. Since I think the Riding Attire is really, really ugly, this is what I've been wanting to do all along (putting that effect into a good-looking outfit, as I have plenty of those). I think it is not possible, but I thought it'd be better to ask; obviously others have known about this for longer than I have. You guys might know more specific things than me, as well.

Thanks in advance,

DiaborMagics

2. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

No.

DiaborMagics likes this.
  3. Wildcard

afaik you can only get gems out of crafted outfits that you made to costumes.

DiaborMagics likes this.
  4. Pavo

So the system is actually pretty convoluted.

You take 3 claws and make them into one piece which you can than use on outfits to give it a gem slot.

Now this is where it get's pretty shady and convoluted. To get the gem, you need to craft an outfit from the costume work shop, let's say the Noble Outfit. Than you have to buy/ get an Equipment Tailoring Coupon ( 1500 pearls with no discount/ sale) and use it on that Noble outfit. Than you can melt the Noble Outfit to get a gem, which in this case will be a +2 movement. (Some of the outfits give you +2 crit, some movement, and not sure if there is a third stat)

You can than use this gem to put into the Socket you created using the spirit claw item.

FYI they just added another use for the spirit's claw. It can be used to teleport into Hysteria or Aakmen after you do a quest.

Hope that helps.

DiaborMagics and Thelemna like this.
  5. Thelemna

Thelemna Softspoken Tamer 63 NA

What Pavo said.

The crafted costume melting gems all start with "Ancient Spirit's Crystal -" and the system is in place to allow you to apply your crafted costume stats to premium cash shop outfits.

This way you have more variety in what you wear in pvp and you don't just give away what +stat you are running purely by what you are wearing.

DiaborMagics likes this.
  6. DiaborMagics

DiaborMagics DiaborMagics Ranger 60 EU

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Thank you, as well.

This really sucks tho. Was getting my hopes up for a bit, while I know I shouldn't. It's BDO after all. It's a real shame, because I REALLY dislike how the Venia looks :S
    I googled it a bit more just now and apparently, this crystal exists in Taiwan - so we'll likely never see it here, or if we do probably 5 years from now.

The funny thing is that this would not even be OP. Adding attack speed and whatnot makes you better in a fight. Adding mount exp, does no such thing.