1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is my remastered mode ****ing up or something here?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Dremlock, Oct 15, 2018.

1. FckinEnchant

I was seeing the same thing on Navarn Steppe. Seems like remastered had been doing some really weird stuff lately I've just turned it off for time being.

2. Capitaine Courage

I don't use the remastered mode, which is a total fail for me, be it technically or artistically (I would be very curious to see how many palyers play with it, not so much I think)
    Got the same bug in Kama, the stroboscopic red glow.
    I also have the jitering tress.
    I thought it was my GPU ... Then I remembered i was playing BDO when crossing another bunch of "I can walk on air" NPCs

Joungf likes this.
  3. Aywa

Like I explained in a previous post, this isn’t a bug and has nothing to do with BDO Remastered, it’s a lighting effect which accompanied aurora borealis effect seen when you look to the north (on Velia dock face to the sea). It’s a part of the winter season showcase (this week they are showcasing all seasons). The winter season showcase should be over tomorrow after the maintenance.

4. Capitaine Courage

Players still ask tehmeselves about the purpose of this "event" by the way.
    Why doing that ? How is it fun in any kind of way ? Do they even play their game ? (well, rethoric question, we know they don't)

5. Joungf

Is aurora an event? oO
    It is a natural phenomenon.
    I would also see some shooting stars at night.
    And a rainbow when it is raining with partially sun shine.
    AND an eclipse, of course.

6. Capitaine Courage

There was a event this week were they switched between seasons every two days.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/1916

Nobody knows why they did that.
    Their idea of FUN maybe ....

7. Joungf

Ah, yes you are right. The "Strange weather" event.
    Only Koreans know the real truth and deeper meaning of this event.
    May I be also enlightened by the devs. Why PA, WHY!?! What does it mean? Please, tell me!

8. Dremlock

this weather showcase is affecting me while in the bottom of omar lava cave

WHY CAN I SEE WEATHER AT THE BOTTOM OF A CAVE

9. 6footgeeks

wait

are you telling me Omar Lava Cave is the new RP Disco party spot?

10. LORDZERG

Why when its night it's darker in caves? :) it should be dark there whatever day or night is :)
    Btw that red screen is happening for everyone at any location its annoying AF

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Players stuck in 1990 mindset question this maybe. Actual players enjoy realistic shadows, lightning effects etc.

On a side note I challenge you to dev a game and make any change to it without playing it, we'll see how far you go.

12. Capitaine Courage

Oh, yeah, so you mean nothing that you can find in BDO then ... Get out of your basement from time to time to witness the actual world. It seems you didn't left it since the 90's indeed.
    Seasons changing every 2 days has nothing realistic.

13. zhagsten

It reminds me the dev time wasted on all the attempts to make a new shiny client for Ultima Online.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

If BDO doesn't feature realistic shadows and lightining effects along with texturing etc, please name a single MMO that does.

I guess we could wait a long time for your answer.

Oh wait, you'll suggest that we go back to DirectX1 rendering because seasons in BDO dare not lasting 3 months ?

15. JustBeHappy

Ok and what if, its pre pre event and its some dragon breathing fire in the distant lands and will eventually somehow event would bring it closer and conclude tickling him and playing badminton, perhaps a different opinion would cause an avalanche of suck this and thats and your mom you know all dogs in the hood and she pay them all no like it, and eventualy a big fight, and there can be only one?
    Yea so if we have the smoking with breakfast problem checked xD I noticed green skies in margoria also very nice. But than again i am also aware of where in te water moon got its small moon house xD And i just reminded myself i never managed to ask, or remind myself to do so xD here it comes:

So there is an island on the eastern margoria part. And you can look at it its there, and dont even blink, or at least i dont know xD but at some range this island just poof gone. sail back it apears back. Ofc it can be some wierd bug but also wierd i cannot find even 1 sentence mentioning it and me and uncle google had a quality chit chat about it. Because what if its an island with some beneficial 'treasures' and can be material only during storm? xD Yea i know i know, but in this game you cant be sure right xD

16. kakodaimonos

I don't see your issue. Did you ever step outside of your room? It looks exactly the same!

[​IMG]

17. Asterotis

If your fairy has the lantern skill, it's what causes the red light, but as for the in-game lighting system itself, well that's just the dynamic light feature of the game.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Yes but the dynamic light feature is supposed to make sense, eg: you get almost blind when you face the sun. What describes @Dremlock doesn't make any sense and looks more like a bug than anything else.

19. Capitaine Courage

Because it's not.
    Remastered not is not realistic. It's over the top, not realistic.
    It's not my fault if you're such a basement dweller that you didn't see the outside world for years.

And it changes nothing to the fact that jittering trees, red stroboscopic glow and seasons changing every 2 days are not realistic.

And also; try to at least quote the relevant parts of other user post, because what you quoted from me the first has actually nothing to do with what you say, since I talked about the event, which has no purpose.
    Well, if you find this event fun, it tells actually long about your quality standards

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

See the actual point you're trying so hard to escape is your initial questionning of such events.

To which I answered that only people stuck in the 90s mindset question why any game makers try to provide improved rendering.

Nice drifting your initial point of yours which was busted into how is the rendering realistic or not.

Also grats on not addressing the point about you making a game without playing it.