1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is sorc still a good grinder compared to other classes?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Meshpy, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Meshpy

The title is probably enough. But still. Is sorc still a good grinder copared to other classes? I feel like we used to be better but now there are many classes that outshines us in many aspects.
    Some examples that may not be 100% true but their grind there is better or close to sorc.
    Hystria - Lahn, Mystic, Shai and some other classes
    Aakman - Every other class of course. Nothing to talk about there.
    Sycaria - Valkyrie
    Star's end - Musa, Archer, Lahn, Mystic, Shai
    Manshaum - Musa, Archer, Lahn
    Those classes just popped out of my head so I may miss some or put someone in a wrong bracket so sorry about that.
    Still there is the question : Is sorc still a good grinder compared to other classes? Why yes and why not. Tell me your thoughts.

#1 Meshpy, Oct 9, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
  2. Maginha

When you struggle to list only 3 classes that perform better than yours, yes, its still good.... 3 out of 10+ is by now way a majority.... just sayin

3. Serendipity

Serendipity Syllabus Sorceress 62 EU

I think the thing about sorc is that she is decent everywhere but not the best anywhere. Biggest issue is probably that it is quite taxing to grind with her since you basically have to use all your combos in the highend spots and make sure you have the right skill addons to support you.

4. Brioni

I have the feeling that sorc is not very good. Maybe at higher ap, but I am very disappointed with my speed. I recently had a lot of luck with enhancing with the three 100 fs we got, and went from 261 to 270 nouver ap. I thought I give Aakman a try and tested it. It was horrible. I dont deal any dmg and only got 4,1k trash an hour. I've seen a spotreview video of someone with 261ap and he got 5-6k trash/hour. So yeah.

5. Blitzball

6k trash per hour is not possible without lootscroll.

6. ALO

ALO

Just go Hystria its better for sorc

7. Brioni

I had a lootscroll and so did the guy in the video.

Isn't Hystria not way harder?

8. Serendipity

Aakman is tricky for sorcs, you need a good skill rotation that avoid the knockback effect on the mobs so they stay grouped. Also a general issue with sorc is that she is highly fps dependent.

9. Serendipity

Not really, the mobs are tankier but once you have learned the mechanics it is fine.
    However I don't really agree with the statement that Hystria is better for sorcs in general. In aakman you kill more mobs than in hystria which for me resulted in more scroll drops per hour most of the time while the trash I got was worth roughly the same. I guess Hystria will get better once you are past 261 AP with Kutum but I will have to test that theory.

10. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

its possible i pull around 6k trash without loot scroll on my musa

11. Serendipity

He should have said it is not possible with a sorc....guess for archer this would probably be easy.

12. Brioni

oh no, my bad. I should have mentioned, that the guy who did the spotreview was a wizard. And he got 6k with 261 nouver which is two ap brackets below me. And thats a bit frustrating

13. Sumea

Sorc is really good in Hystria but verybad for Aakman.

Endgame Sorc pulls over 4k + trash with LootScroll in Hystria. No data for Aakman cause they dont do it.

Witch/Wizard pulls 9-10,5k trash with LootScroll in Aakman but in Hystria only about 3k.
    Witch/Wizard get really low ammounts compared to other classes in Endgame spots, before the Debuff bug on Shai, Shai made up 3950 Trashloot with Lootscroll while Witch/Wizard are about 3k.

14. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

source kind sir? :)

15. Sumea

It is Ms. kind sir.

You can see that here
    Witch Aakman

Witch Hystria

16. WhySoSeeryus

was that during that event with mega respawn in aakman before they balanced all the rooms? looks like it.

Blitzball likes this.
  17. Sumea

The only room you get over 9k trash is the top large room in Aakman. I get about 9400 trashloot on 285+ AP Nouver. As Witch. It is just always PvP in that room. Other rooms are between 6.5k and 8k loot. For Witch.

18. WhySoSeeryus

im asking coz mobs conveniently respawn before the witch in video reaches them and i havent seen her going outside the stairs (altho, i have skipped through the video hastily)

19. Carahil

Carahil Warrior 63 EU

i always grind the room where you can climb up in the middle

20. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i love that room, but im clearing it to slow so i usually go to the water room :/