1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is the Black Star good for BDO?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by 2Cents, May 14, 2019.

1. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 62 NA

Do we know what stats it has at TET and how much better it is compared to Kzarka or Offin?

2. Joungf

Do we really need that "Black Star" fail? Another noble, rare stuff? Isn't there many other burning issues that needs to be fixed? Could't the devs not put their effort into those tasks?

3. Ben Phoenix

We don't need it, but someone's wallet does.

GreyRebel and I Am Mother like this.
  4. Josh28

I've been saying it for some time that p2w would increase gradually, and ppl called me tin-foil-hat person. Well, PA is holding back. They are balancing the p2w with an immense grind, but it's still reasonable. The question is: How far is the current management willing to go in 2 years?

I just reinstalled Blade & Soul and took a look... My God... In BnS before the Raven King patch, you only needed to upgrade a Weapon and 2 Accessories just a few stages which you could skip with a few bucks, and the Pet which required like a $100, but now... You got PvE AND PvP wep with lots of expensive upgrades plus like 6 accessories for pvp and pve, then the Pet reached insane levels, the ultra Gems... and the had the great idea to nerf gold rewards lol So good luck farming to endgame. They only want whales in that game.

I think BnS would be less pay to win if they rent or sell all endgame items with max upgrades in the Cash Shop... They butchered progress and upgrades. You can probably reach endgame in a day with like $50K (estimate) during a treasure trove event which they graciously upgraded.

Compared to B&S, BDO seems low lev in p2w. For now anyway. They'll probably add different pets and other schemes that you mentioned to milk people, but they'll do it gradually.

5. GreyRebel

Well , tbh im fine with the new weapon , and i support the idea of adding new tier of weapons ( in this game i sup it ).

Ѧ| Chaotic likes this.
  6. cliveklg

No they don't. Not when you aren't comparing other MMOs. You are comparing a Battle Royale game to an MMO. That is apples to oranges.

Next you'll be comparing it to Hearthstone. #facepalm

Provide the data to the leading MMOs. And I'd love to see you provide support for your subscription data also.

You have no sources and comparing it to completely different game genres.

Smileybones likes this.
  7. cliveklg

Not all people are looking for the same type of next big game. Some people like battle royale. I don't myself. Some like the card type games, again I don't. Others are looking for MOBAs. And some are looking for MMOs. And some like a bit of several.

Which is why you need to compare the same type or genre. You are basically violating basic statistical analysis rules.

It is like you are trying to say a car dealership is doing it wrong by comparing its sales to microwave sales.

Smileybones and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Ѧ| Chaotic

If tet black star is the same as pen kzarka then it is obviously gonna be harder to get it to tet or rather more costly than a kzarka will be, hello? New weapons are meant to cost more. This is because a pen black star is same as a pen kzarka with 20 caphras levels. Let that sink in, the same or very similar to a pen kzarka, as someone here said it costs 34 billion to get 20 caphras levels. Now you tell me why pen black star should be easier to get? It is evident that you have two options, the really slow way but guaranteed which is pen kzarka 20 caphras levels or a rng enhanced pen black star weapon. Moral of the story, none should be easy because than it would make the other option useless. Also they did right by us and gave us an guaranteed option AND a lucky rng way to get the equivalent of a pen kzarka with max caphras levels. You all should be grateful you can make that choice now.

From reading your posts, you guys mostly chose the kzarka way right, well either way then just forget black star weapon exists but don't cry when people 1 shot pen black star weapons if ever but it sure will have been a more rewarding experience than the 'safe way'

It is the endgame gear for now for main weapons so pick your poison, have a good day everyone! :)

9. Naho

And then after we will have a purple tier with 2% to get Pri, and we will have to agree because it's endgame? nah they could just make the current gear easier to enhance and swap the current % on the blackstar. Would be better imo.

10. Ѧ| Chaotic

If it isn't already obvious like it was to me when I first saw the new red grade gear black star weapons, then I will say it here. Pearl abyss is moving forward with newer gear being harder to enhance BUT it is basically how green gear was to yellow gear, tri dande = tet rosar/ other equivalents. This is just a repeat of what they have done since game first launched and this is the path they have decided to take in regards to new gear and we should see similarly for armor and other red grade weapons.

Now nerfing current boss gear would be bad as it would ruin everyones hard earned progress and is stupid to do in a game that does not introduce new gear every few months like other games. I hope they never do that otherwise they should have in the first year to second year. This game is designed to be different in terms of progression system so yeh you either accept it or don't. The new gear just proves this more.

11. 2Cents

That's sad to hear BnS got so bad. One important note about BDO's pay2win is the ALL or NOTHING defective gear system in BDO. It's an extra level of Pay2win because your 245 AP can be nullified and they can turn 20 AP a small fraction of your AP into a 75% Dmg boost. The result is a lot of auto win situations constituting absolute Pay2win advantages.

In a non defective system having an extra 10 GS would mean very little. The way Pearl Abyss wanted the gear progression is Pay or Lose essentially.

Josh28 likes this.
  12. Josh28

I'm in love with B&S but it's too p2w now. They kept nerfing the ways to farm your way up. It's actually harder to farm materials there now than 10 months ago lol. All because materials are sold in the cash shop and Treasure Trove RNG.
    Exactly! Usually, in games, AP brackets are either linear or a curve becoming harder and harder to upgrade while adding small advantages towards the cap. The Min-max stats. GW2 did it with fractals, but after months of grind, the difference would be so small that you can't feel it.

In BDO, however,
    https://imgur.com/a/5sKwvCv

13. 2Cents

What I found amazing about Vindictus and BnS is that repeating dungeons seemed boring and pointless, while grinding a circle in an open world game doesn't bother me.

Aside from that BnS dungeons where terrible. Running through a dungeon just to mash down a boss for the Nth time was meaningless. It gave no value to general spawn and just wasted time. This is in contrast to amazing design like Everquest, where the journey was often battling your way to a boss or grind location. Everything mattered along the way including if you could even survive.

14. Josh28

Hmm, you are right, it did get boring after hundreds of times. Especially when farming for quest exp. But for loot, dungeons are way better than killing N number of mobs for a low chance to drop. But I get the appealing of a grind. You just turn off your brain and smash dem keys like a bot. I found it enjoyable, but not everyone does.

I dunno if you tried dungeons with complex mechanics, but those didn't get so boring, it was just frustrating doing them with noobs, you had no time to be bored thinking how to defeat the mini-boses to get to the boss. Even if I didn't need them, I would often run hard dungeons to test myself.

15. 2Cents

In Lineage II the real game didn't exist within the game. Spending a night making jokes with a crew of friends/clan was really what made the experience so great. The game was really just a way to bring a common experience to everyone.

16. Naho

Well everyone hard earned progress is already ruined since they are giving away "free gear". Need a basi belt? we got you, just kill a boss and get it !

17. 2Cents

You have to understand the brilliance of these millennial's,

Why waste time farming Basilisks when you could just AFK until a Rift Spawns!
    #why.am.i.so.bored!!! It's like there is nothing to do!

Josh28 likes this.
  18. Boink

The design of the game preys on the players that wants to get there, a lot faster than anyone else. "Being competitive". It feeds on it.

Look at it this way it took me one year to get 40 ish attempts for my T9 horses this include the free crons (which technically more than a year). That is 1 year, almost 1 hour a day for the T9 dailies. Then you see someone bust in the pearl items and get a staggering 50+ fs attempts in 2 days.

The system works the same applied to the system that was implemented with Farmville. Where you have an option to pay money to harvest the crops faster. Yes they rake in billions and still going strong... Also the owner is a billionaire.

Well there you have it, that explains the Black Star. A beautiful weapon design for their target audience :D.

Josh28 likes this.
  19. GreyRebel

20. 2Cents

Those are two different issues. Both very corrosive to the MMORPG genre.
    • Many players don't want to invest the time
    • To many players can't accept their "tier" and where they belong
    • To many players cheat any way possible
    These are issues of today's current player base. In the past people enjoyed the tough slow grind and snowflakes where something that happened at Christmas.

In the old days if you wanted to catch up, you better put in the overtime.

Today you can just wait around until leveling is 10x easier and accept handouts.