1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Is the game worth picking up again?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Aegwinn, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Aegwinn

Hey guys !

I'm a returning player. after dealing with some IRL situation I finally have time to pick an MMO again and i was wondering between a few favorites of mine that i was playing back in the days.

Black Desert Online is one of them. I was a huge fan of the atmosphere. I was very hyped when it came up ~
    Bought the amazing Conqueror pack and so far I never regret it. I made a lot of toons, Witch, valkyrie, kunoichi, tamer.

In the end I played my valk up to level 58 about 80% into 59. and I had a good time, I was participating in really nice PvP content. it was an amazing time ! horse Tier 8, Fisher life skill was my jam !
    But all that was ... almost 2 years ago.

Now I'm looking at the actual content, videos, streaming and i see that the game evolved a lot as a 'sandbox' would. the average level is now 60+ to be somewhat decent at PvP. and I remember the game to be ... so grindy ... I spent dozens of hours at the sausan to reach 58. And ... to be honest. I don't mind Doing some grinding again, especially with friends. But i don't want to giveaway another Hundred of hours to just reach a higher level. As a person I'm past that and my gaming sessions are much shorter. 2hours at max sometimes less.

Here's what I'm currently looking for : Some world-PvP actions maybe some castle everynow and then. A game where i can meet peoples and enjoy some Content wether it will be going out in the sea together, dueling.
    Maybe roleplay ! If that's still a thing !

I want... to know from your perspective of actual player of the game :

Is this game, Still welcoming me open arms even if I'm late or will I have to fight through and struggle ! to reach to a level that is somewhat decent to enjoy the content ?

Thanks for taking the time to read the post ~ and double thanks to all replies Wether they are positive or negative !

2. Sugam

Honestly, the first thing I would check is if you fall under the whole huge connection issue right now. Many people are getting desync and D/C every 15mins and its ruined the majority of play experiences since the last patch. So I would check this first for yourself to decided if it's a good idea to start right now. Hopefully, one day they will find a solution for this.

3. Aegwinn

Oh alright, And besides the Internet problem? :)

4. Lynching

The game is still grindy, even though the exp requirement for 56/60 has been decreased. You'll be looking at a slow progression with only 2 hours per day to play. But it haven't stopped others from playing. The game is still really afk to win, meaning you need a decent node set up for passive income, that way you only need to grind for exp.

But if you only have 2 hours of play time with you shutting down the game, you'll be looking at a really slow progression. The game can still be fun, but lvl 58 is pretty low at the moment and I figure your gear is too.

Besides this all, it's really easy to find a casual guild where you can find welcome in.

5. Myracle

Statement about 56-60 is wrong . They decreased the requirenment only for 60 it self and now they added 25% exp boost from 56-60 at summer and recent patch added 70% boost from 56-60. THey are trying to get the rest of the player base to the levels of 60-62 and then they will add more content to higher levels. Game is as beautiful or even more than before and however, some problems such as level vs gear progression still remains. Is it worth coming back too if you have time to play and want to enjoy it? Hell yea.

6. Lynching

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/patch-notes-july-12th-2017-updated.27679/
    - The amount of EXP gained from enemies, for characters below level 61 (60->61 included) has been increased to facilitate combat EXP growth.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/501
    The amount of Combat EXP gained between Lv. 56 and 60 has been dramatically increased.

They didn't only decrease the exp for only 60. What would be point if they did only 59 > 60, but the rest is the same? How can you get the playerbase faster to "end" game levels if you only decrease the time needed for that level?

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/new-exp-requirements.27881/ Topic created by Lemon crush where he made a new chart based for the exp required for the levels 56 to 61.

I don't know what your source is, but it's common known that leveling from 56 to 60 is way easier than it was before, which my point was.

7. piratebeowolf

When you and I started about 20 months ago, there was over crowded servers and areas to farm, there was the speed hacker issue and no result in hope.
    50 was a grind then gear was limited. things have changed, people have come and gone but the game has improved depending on who you ask, the game is better.
    Some of the 20 month old guilds are still here some are ghost towns or changed names.

I have been here since he beginning like many and love it.

8. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 60 NA

1) Getting to level 60 is pretty easy now, soft cap was raised up to 60
    2) Gear is the only issue, but if you still have some silvers it wouldn't be a problem for you to TRI all your stuff and have decent AP/DP
    3) Everything else you mentioned is still there.

NOTE: Not everyone is having connection issues, I'm on NA, live in US, using Comcast and I have no issues. Only reason why I get disconnected sometimes is because they restart servers for whatever reason...

9. piratebeowolf

I have very few issues as well in Ontario Canada

10. Dionysos

Dionysos Lorewish Ranger 57 EU

Whiners will say no, winners will say yes

11. Soulo

Right now, at lvl 58 175ap/280dp, I only actively play an hour a day grinding. During that hour (with my daily xp buff<3) I make a solid 10% an hour

12. GM BBrilliant

Game Master

Now I am not biased whatsoever but I totally 110% think you should pick BDO back up! xD

I see @Aegwinn that a lot of our community has responded to your issue so I am not going to repeat points, but I will personally recommend to team up with other players as playing with other is always the best. :)

If you have any other questions, please do let us know.

13. Rysus.Greev

I have left and returned to this game a few times since release. I've come back for events or new characters and always left again after a couple of weeks of play.

This time has been different for me. I found a guild that actually does things together instead of just gearing up for node wars and afk fishing. I've found a new goal of leveling every class to at least 56 to increase that house fame. I actually got some pets to make grinding more bearable.

What I'm saying is: You need to find your own reasons for returning. A good way to help with this is to have a solid group of people to interact with and accomplish something with. One of the things that would make this game boring is the fact that it takes a long time to accomplish anything. But if you work together with people to get that guild ship or elephants, or even to help out the new players understand the game so they stick around, you are sure to call to this game home for a while. I've been back and playing again for a steady 2 months, probably the longest I've played in a single run. Come back, man. give it another try.

14. tofuprod

I use to play. I bought a FOUNDER PACK and played a few months until it got grindy. Like main poster mentioned, had to handle responsibilities and became MIA in the game. I want to get back to it by starting fresh.

15. diabh

I was pretty hardcore when it came out but the I quit a few weeks before they introduced node wars. I came back recently with a much more casual attitude and a lot to catch up with. I'm having fun. I mean, it's still entertaining and I'm quite enjoying my casual approach.

16. Glittergluestick

I've only started playing rather recently, but so far I'm really loving the game and from what I've heard from people who don't play it anymore, it's still worth revisiting...