1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Is the Shai a lousy choice?

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Hinalle, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Hinalle

I have previously played a handful of classes to around 53, but nothing in the past year (so I definitely need to relearn everything). Her youth notwithstanding, the Shai intrigues me (she reminds me a lot of the Sprite from old Secret of Mana). However, I am significantly concerned about devoting huge chunks of time to a class that isn't useful in half the game. I know that the Shai's base incarnation is DOA in PvP - do we know if the same will be true for her Awakened form? Nifty as she is, I don't think I can commit to pouring 100+ hours into an utterly pointless toon.

Thanks for any input.

2. Malkontent

Shes a support class. So if you wanna 1v1 reroll now. If you wanna support your team with buffs and debuffs your fine.

Grehm likes this.
  3. nolasigns

She's still a decent over all for PVE. She would be a wise choice to be the breadwinner for your main of choice that focuses less on pve. She, so far, isn't as gear dependant to be useful in grinding content slightly above recommended gear scores. Top tier in popular endgame spots.

She's also in "experimental" stages, so who knows what the future may bring.

Grehm likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

In my opinion the shai is a boring class to play and I also find her animations and noises annoying. She looks like a dog scratching in the dirt while gathering and sounds like a fox when being damaged in battle. Her rabbit hop steps also irritate me.

5. Lillekolibri

I love every aspect of Shai. The best thing that has happend to this game imo!

6. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

you will need 2 gear sets if you go shai.... one for pve, one for pvp.

full dp one for pvp, obviously.

7. Zhuriel

Mine is a life skiller pretty much

8. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Hinalle

I can see that you've gotten lots of answers to your question! Unfortunately, I can't say for sure whether you should or shouldn't play the Shai, but I would highly recommend that you try her out before you make up your mind! :)

Happy gaming.

Grehm, Lillekolibri and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  9. Grehm

Grehm 62 NA

As Ammy said, it's good to try a class before you make up your mind. If you end up not enjoying her, you can always keep her as a lifeskill class. I'm enjoying her endgame grind currently and she's making me a ton of money. I keep my shai for grinding specific areas, and another class for pvp and guild missions. (A little lore drop as well, the Shai as a playable character is over 30 years old.)

10. Azu_Raged

Not sure if someone already mentioned this but you can get a better feel for her through the Trail Character selection screen. You can test her as a level 60 character i thinkz

11. Grehm

Grehm 62 NA

That's true, unfortunately it's limited to training dummies and pvp. Good idea though!

12. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

With how quickly people can level lately you can get to 56+ in a couple hours if you have a friend that can power level you. Once you hit 58-59 you can actually quest and push out to 61 just by running through quests. I have been messing around with the Shai a bit and its been fun. I have had 0 PVP experience with the class though so cannot comment on that side.