1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there good looking armour IG?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shakor, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Elleuci

Of course there's a really simple way, go back and play Tera, EZ.

But seriously tho, u are talking about that like they forcing u to buy costume, actually Serendia Soldier isn't that bad at all.
    Also u can still try to snipe them market (don't wanna pay? then deal with it) and don't tell that it's impossible to do, and remember that ur not the only ''ONE'' that wants costume to looks good.

2. Karai

Could have just summarized the entire post in 3 words : Lies & Ignorance.

The garbages you linked are not Outfits nor Costumes, they are ARMORS, and can only be equipped as Outfits after using Tailoring Coupons, a CASH SHOP EXCLUSIVE item, that cannot be obtained in game, and is sold for 15$!

In fact, that junk can't even be considered as proper Armors, because an armor is often used for either PvE or PvP, and those things are worthless in this aspects.

Also, "no p2w here" ? wtf are Pets ? Artisan Memories ? Value Packs 30% MP, and most of the junk in the cash shop ?

Do they have an effect on the Player progression or not ?? take the Housing system for example, even the most primitives forms of life on this planet can recognize as a full p2w system.

upload_2017-12-20_11-57-28.jpeg

Viktor likes this.
  3. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

I know, right?

If you aren't willing to pay actual money for outfits or wait days for an outfit on the marketplace, you'll have the same looks for the rest of your play time here. That's indeed a big shame. A MMO is a game genre based on making progress, but there is no motivation for progression if you can't visually see the progression on your character. In other words: Getting better stats doesn't change much on your looks, and that sucks. Like what can be a better reward than getting cool armor after achieving a great thing?

Shakor, Viktor and residente like this.
  4. Denthors

you can buy tailoring coupons off the market place for 15m
    [​IMG]

5. residente

What a ****ing joke. If its already hard to snipe a single outfit out of the dozens of them that are posted, there is no way one will able to snipe one of those coupons because they're never posted. Too bad the game is in maintenance because I can't show you how few of them have been listed in the history of the game.

6. Viktor

For those who says it's easy to snipe costume out of marketplace, i was trying to get Sin Terrna for about 3 months or so. Reloged my alt camping MP every single time the notice popped up on my screen. It's RNG. Meaning you can get the item on first try or you'll keep trying and failing for million years. Really, if you really want some costume, it will be giving you headache from heavy frustration or you are really lucky getting it soon.

7. JustSomeGuy

It is not, but if its your main and you plan to play him for more than 2 months it might help you to perceive it as optional subscription.

8. Denthors

keep trying :)

9. DAOWAce

And I can summarize yours in one: Idiocy.

Re-read it when you're not angry.

10. Parkertime

Hmmmm...I dunno this is interesting because both me and my wife have been playing BDO for only about two months and we have both been able to snipe two outfits from the MP. She plays a Witch and I play Warrior. She sniped the Weeping Willow and Labreve Sets and I managed to get the Grovtevant and Acher Sets. You may have to camp the MP for several hours like we did but it's NOT impossible to get the outfits from the MP. However, pets and value packs on the other hand......does seem impossible.

11. Felyni

Felyni Tamer 61 NA

See now, I prefer a lot of the base armor designs for my classes, Kuno & Tamer. They are the best ever...esp kuno<3...

If you main a witch/sorc though, LOL, better craft the armor costumes(which look nice) or buy em.

Think there is a website that shows.....here you go:

https://bdofashion.wordpress.com/

12. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

With everyone getting a free maid for Christmas make sure you get a marketplace one and keep 37-40 mil in each of the banks that you tend to be in that way you can try to bid on any costume that you are wanting for your class and make sure you put them on notice.

13. Slabby

EU MP must be more of a pain than NA?

14. Nomon

Nomon Tamer NA

Need dem EdanNA Whales to have a functional PS > MP system ;p

15. Shakor

How does a maid help in this matter?

16. Shakor

Exactly, they took one of the hallmarks of MMORPG gameplay and turned it into an expensive premium aspect or RNG in the marketplace. Terrible cash-shop model. Even TERA's was better than this because there the IG armor looked pretty decent and changed as you progressed where as in this game it seems all the IG armors, atleast for Zerkers and Wizards, all look bland and boring.

This is why this B2P/F2P model which seems to have infested the MMORPG market is cancer. It takes away huge parts of playing the games. I mean if the prices were like 1/10th of what they are now, then everyone would be able to look the way they want and not have to spend a fortune. I mean, this game is enjoyable, but I cannot justify €30 for a single costume or a couple of pets when I can buy a whole game for that.

17. Viktor

Labreve after release was appearing quite a lot in MP. Like several times in hour sometimes. Camping MP felt useful, even though it still took me few days to get one and a lot of headaches. It simply depends whether the RNG likes you or not. However, now for example with the Mystic costume, i see it appearing in MP kinda rarely. And the number of sales of this costume is not very high up to now either in comparison with Labreve when it was new like that. So it all depends. If it doesn't appearing very often, you need more RNG luck than when it's appearing a lot.

Even if the price for one costume would be like €1 (which sure would be better), the immersion of gear progression is gone anyway. It is always better when you obtain the shiny set in the game or when you craft it, rather then just buying it from cash shop.