1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there really RNG?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Noixi, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Noixi

We've all suspected that some accounts are flagged to never get boss gear from bosses, LIKE MINE.
    Despite, doing them HUNDREDS of times over the past few years.

And we've suspected some accounts are flagged to NEVER get a PEN enhance, LIKE MINE, until the OVERWHELMING stacking of fail-stacks is well past 150.

And we've all heard about people coming in, playing for like a month, and getting boss drops off world bosses with low level characters, like 56 to Karanda, or 58 to Offin, and getting drops off say Offrin, at 58, on the VERY FIRST ATTEMPT.

So is there really RNG in the game?

Well, as it just so happened, I have had an experiment, to all that I said ABOVE.
    And it is true, my account, has never won any world boss drop EVER.
    All my world boss gear comes from either the AH or the NV.

I've so long ago given up on trying to win anything from world bosses or even the scrolls, that I kept all my alts stationed near the NV, and used them as energy storage. As opposed to others that keep them near world boss areas.

But there were exceptions to my not entirely giving up on bosses.
    I sill tried for the Scroll boss Urugon and for the World boss Offin.

For Urugon, I was stacking the AWK scrolls, and kept doing them for MONTHS. Of course, I never got the Urugon boots from the boss. But finally a couple of days ago, I won them from the NV. Which fortunately for me, is the VERY last piece of gear I need to try to get to PEN ad I also now have backups on everything.
    - So that ends the need for Urugon.

For Offin, I got the silly quest, to get its root, and that was bout 32 auras ago, and still haven't gotten the root, or the staff, which I wasn't even really trying to get.

But then, something happened.

A person, whose account is about 1 month old, and who got the Dandy off Karanda at 56, after only 3 (THREE) tries, and got to 58, went to Offin, at the same 3am EST last Saturday. And guess what? On that 1st attempt, they got the Offin box.

Now, some people may say "RNG is RNG".
    Other may say CHEATING, and I don't mean the person whose account is 1 month old.

No, I say, what a PERFECTLY named quest "For the Things Unseen".
    Cause I've never seen world bosses drop their boss gear, and I would never have bother to go SEE the boss Offin AT-ALL, it I hadn't been suckered into doing that quest.

VasilisD likes this.
  2. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

well... i know people who dropped multiple boxes of more than one boss within a few days, and have dropped few vell hearts. :D :D :D :D

ofc, with crap gear, so rule out that extra loot chance boost that is allegedly there.

rng is such a joker.

altho, its not really funny.

(fun fact, when i needed to get last few auras for offin (zero belts, zero crystals dropped at all btw, all done on main), game gave me amount needed minus 1. then next week i got auras and a box, just so that i can wish to kill the developers or whomever thought its amusing) :D

Stillwaters likes this.
  3. Noixi

I've gone to 4 Karanda battle, where I was 1st to attack, never died once, and got no aura. That was well over a year ago, and since then I've never been back. Interestingly, after I BOUGHT my 1st Dandy, I've had the Wiz-Dandy drop in NV, almost once every month since.

Tell me that is RNG...

Stillwaters likes this.
  4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 62 EU

well i waited urugons on nv for few months, then preordered for alot and next NV roll was urugon for 200 mil. then i dropped one on next scroll run. go figure.

Stillwaters likes this.
  5. Pretzels1078

Thinks 150 is a big Pen stack ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

IREKKS and Fearless V like this.
  6. Blitzball

I do Vell since release of the boss. 0 heart or concentrated magic. Many bids , 0 won zzz

Draconnix likes this.
  7. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

Here is the sad fact about RNG. Just as there is a probable chance of someone getting a boss drop every day, there is also the possibility that someone will never get a boss drop, EVER. RNG in games is designed to make people play longer because it takes longer to get things for most people, but it also has the negative effect of alienating the few who land on the bad end of the curve. A good RNG system has a grace threshold for such people. Take Diablo 3 for instance. In their legendary item drop formula, if you do not get a drop in X minutes, one will automatically drop, and the timer will reset. This is to reward people who play but get screwed by RNG. BDO has none of that. If you get screwed, you get screwed, and there is nothing you can do about it.

8. Noixi

OH MY WAND, is that the TRUTH or what...

9. Salty_Sailor_Trash

Salty_Sailor_Trash Herushingu Musa 61 NA

You are not alone, after doing Kzarka for 3 years and never getting a box from him. I was finally able to collect 100 seals and get a box that way, funny story...... the next time I did Kzarka after getting my first box via seals, Kzarka dropped a box for me lololololololololol. Shiet is hilarious.....

imaginaryself likes this.
  10. CronoLuminare.tv

I personally gave up on going to bosses once NV came out. I never got anything from bosses regardless of the situation (hitting first, top dmg, never die, hit only once) tried all the tinfoil. NV is the only Boss for me and it only requires money and energy which are in abundance and spawns everynight instead of only a few times a day.

I since then have owned all my boss armor from NV and not attended another Boss fight since they are useless to me.

11. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

I press like but in reality it's FeelsBadMan button.

Stillwaters likes this.
  12. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

OK I agree your RNG seems to suck hard, but Offin's root shard is not even an RNG drop. It is trashloot that drops 100% if you bother to shoot the shield. Now if you do not do that this is all on you.

Srsly anyone that doesn't shoot the shield on Offin is just doing it wrong since it drops the same stuff as the actual boss. All it takes is a rifle and a few shots to get 2x loot rolls every time.

13. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

They probably go with alt and don't have hunting.

14. v.klishev

v.klishev Striker 62 EU

You don't need hunting. Event matchlock has no requirements, if you somehow have no event matchlock Beginner has also no requirements.
    Its pure lazyness more than anything imo. And then ppl complain they dont get loot :D

15. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

Did 4 Karandas ever total... I think I see what your problem is... and it isnt RNG.

Nuonii, Pretzels1078 and Draconnix like this.
  16. Vunak

Vunak Valkyrie 60 NA

The more you post on the forums, the worse your base account RNG gets in game.

ODB3698, imaginaryself and Fearless V like this.
  17. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

you will never get outta that asula set

Blitzball likes this.
  18. SKYMARK

Why is RNG so hard to comprehend?

I also had done several bosses in the past and barely got some auras.

Then a friend of mine joined BDO, hit Karanda twice, and got dandy.

But hey, I didn't come to whine on forums because I know what RNG is...and probably the fact that my friend ate alot of **** :D

19. Escapism

Killed Karanda 300+ times and got 0 boxes dropping in that time, I went there usually on either my main or a decently geared alt (very long time ago, when ~160-180 AP was still considered in the top)

Then i went to get the 100 auras from nouver on an undergeared, almost naked lvl 56 alt, got the 100 auras together after just about ~80-100 kills, during that time i got 9 nouver boxes total twice even 2 in 1 day with channel-hops. Often just standing around afk, one of these boxes even dropped for me when i was miles away at the nearest oasis, because I died to him shortly before he got killed.

I stopped doing bosses entirely after I collected my 100 auras of each, long before offin was released and I've never attended him or the new one in Drieghan yet, although I went to Vell for the first atleast 3-4 months after his release every weekend, ofc also with no results. I just have much better things to do with my life, (especially with the new fixed spawn time tables, absolute garbage...), than reserving myself several hours every week at fixed times just to collect some blackstones.

You can either accept RNG in its purest form and realise that its pure cancer which has no place as a core-mechanic in any competitive game. Realise that bdo just isnt designed to be in any way fair or rewarding, but to make you spend some more cash on the shop, or quit your job to be able to play more hours to keep yourself going and try to stay ahead of the competition and those which are just overall luckier.

Or you can just move on to another game, where devs hopefully care a little more about your loyalty and effort and reward it accordingly.

Life2v likes this.
  20. Ashenvall

I feel you. I believe also some sort of "RNG seed" exist in this game but we don't have any proof of it :(

ODB3698 likes this.