1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this drop rare?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Eardwynn, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Eardwynn

I see these pop up on my system messages a lot these pass couple of weeks while I NEVER saw them pop up before. Is everyone serious about seamonsters now? Is everyone... DeadSerious?
    3.png

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Maybe the recent drama on the forums draw some attention on this game activity about how profitable it is and about how anyone can do it.

3. LightningFFXIII-4

People want to get carried I guess. How to get good in PVP in BDO:

a.) Train in RBF Velia 4 everyday till you master all your moves.
    b.) Grind your butt off in arsha and fight off players on your spot.
    c.) Train in Kama areas to raise your level and skillpoints.
    d.) Seamonster hunt 24/7 and get 1.2billion-1.8billion payouts and use the payouts to buy PEN gear.

If you don't know the answer, it's D.

Siege scene is dead. 200-800mil weekly payout is peanuts lol.

4. IRustyI

A bit rare yeah.
    I get it quite often when i hunt down sea monsters.
    Good for guild funds.

5. FckinEnchant

A lot of players are out on the sea using the Trina Matchlock exploit/bug

They won't bother with it anymore when the bug is fixed. To hunt nineshark etc... you need decent blue gear for sail boat or frigate +5 and up and takes time to learn the monsters patterns to avoid attacks.

At the moment with the Trina Matchlock exploit players are dropping these beasts in a few shots, it'll be patched out soon.

6. AlwaysSaltyAF

It's not an exploit until they say it is an exploit. It could be intended. The seamonsters drop guild loot and the Trina matchlock is a guild item. My normal matchlock I 2-3 shot whales with, but does like no damage to guild seamonsters. Now the trina matchlock is a guild matchlock, and it does a lot of damage to guild seamonsters.

Could explain it better using a different term. Just be careful, cuz this may not actually be a bug or exploit. Just hardly any1 out there uses a Trina Matchlock for anything, yet alone sea monster hunts. Took us what.. six months since the trina axe came out to figure it out? GG LOL.

Imagine all the sea pvp if they say this trina matchlock is legit. Dude, the seas would be bathed with blood. The thing takes like 30mil to get to TRI. Even noob guilds could go do it. It'd be one of the best things ever for the noob population.

7. FckinEnchant

https://community.blackdesertonline...doing-abnormal-damage-to-sea-monsters.228426/

Straight from the horses mouth.

It's under investigation which indirectly states that it's not normal, hence a bug.

If something which is deemed to be a bug is being used then it's considered exploiting that bug, just read there TOS for clarification. If I were you I would stop using it, until the matter is cleared up and either state that's intended, or not intended and patched out.

8. Escapism

Invalidating and demotivating 95% of all the other content and money making methods in the whole game, because you let 1 specific method in the game unnerfed and unacknowledged for months or even years, which makes 10-20x more money than everything else is not good for anyone, especially new players who try to catch up and compete.

lRNGesusl likes this.
  9. Rapitor

A sandbox mmo offering alternatives to pvp to allow anyone to enjoy "expensive" content? Blasphemous it must be stopped. Only pvp allowed in my sandbox /butthurt

10. jangalangz

Let us not forget the ability to use combat axes to 1 shot mobs in Valtarra. @GM Rhotaaz

11. elgen

Exploiting siege weapons aside no it's not really a uncommon drop. the drop rate is about 10%. And since it is a normal elite mobs system wise drop rate bonuses effect the chance to get it. This is why you see them drop rather often in ashra sever since ever one is farming them there.

Sea monsters are a bit flawed design wise. Since they are elite mobs you can pretty much use 4 rangers instead of cannons to melt them much faster.