1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this game for girls?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Shakor, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Reigne Irkalla

Ambassador

We originally did.

2. remilafo

relax there is no political, sexist, racial or social agenda here of any kind..

The only agenda here is an economic one... Girls make money!

3. AngelloAtheross

You little shietter, talk about pvp with me when Kaka Games will ban shietters and exploiters since day one or do you think coz you can impress someone with that battle bot or macros or p2w items :))

4. Rayin

I could talk with you about PvP even after they'd do that, but then you'd just switch channel like you did many times when me and my guildies came to glue together your chromosomes in 2k HD, because you don't know what's PvP.
    RIP Rungelo Memeros.

5. Vix

Vix

Yeah! I know people who are waiting for butlers to hit the pearl shop, why are they still not a thing?

6. Dark Eus

cause maybe they dont like Alfred from Batman :)))

7. Beeso

Alfred is not a servant, he is family.

eitheldin and Vix like this.
  8. SaintEaon

I think the argument OP makes is flawed, not because I disagree with what (I think) he's trying to say but in the delivery. I also think people pointing out that this is an Asian MMO aimed an an Asian Market are also ultimately the correct people here and I understand the frustration. However I do think a lot of the people giving OP crap for his opinion are wrong in a lot of ways.

Firstly, every time I see "There can't be a male counterpart to X Class because lore!" I cringe a bit. People who say this think they're the arbitors of the game world but they fail to keep several key things in mind. The most important being Male elves were shown in this game prior to release. It was only after release that the excuse "The Male Elves are all gone doing an important mission!" started to emerge and then slowly drifted into "There are no male elves." Again this entirely ignores the fact that we have screen shots of Male Elves prior to the game's release. We know they were Archers too.

Secondly, every time someone says "The classes that share male and female counterparts play vastly different from one another." couldn't be more wrong. They tend to look slightly different, and maybe their focus is different in some regards, but outside of end game PvP there really isn't much difference. Additionally it is hard not to notice that while PA and Kakao have been very public in saying they'd rather make new classes than the opposite gender's counter parts for each class, its hard to not notice that particularly in the case of the Striker which proved popular getting immediately followed up by the Mystic, its female counter part and then the immediate next class being the recently revealed Ran, also female. I could be a little more forgiving here, I think a larger variety of different classes would be more beneficial to the game as a whole, however one has to ask then, why don't they alternate genders then? As we sit right now its 6 male classes to 10 female classes.

Finally, you're kind of an ******* if you are dismissive of someone wanting to play a character that they feel bad ass playing regardless of gender. I am a male and a roleplayer, I enjoy playing male characters. I don't have a problem with people who like to play females, but put yourself in my shoes for a second. I don't really like giants, their models are a bit much and I don't really like their design. Personal taste right? Well now my choices are Warrior, Musa, Striker, Wizard, and Ninja. Wizard is the most unlike the other classes, but if you go to make one you will immediately run into this awkward problem where, when they added a "Young Wizard" option, it only actually applies from the character's chin up. Meaning you have a baby face but attached to the body of Gandalf. That immediately makes their creation wonky and weird as well as off putting because its extremely difficult to make one that actually looks right. That leaves Warrior, Musa, Ninja, and Striker as your most common choices for decent male picks if you don't want to be huge or an old man. As someone who roleplays, the majority of males you run into are typically Warriors or Musas just because Ninja is a little odd to RP with due to the nature of their abilities, and Strikers while cool are difficult.

Now you might not be a roleplayer or care about these options, but I think a lot of people in western markets do. Lets not forget about balance either, I understand adding new classes, but can we be real here for a sec? Do we really need ANOTHER class when the ones we have aren't balanced at all? And while we're asking these questions, how come there's a lore reason for why we can't have male counterparts for every class but this same lore doesn't apply to females? Every male class with the exception of Berserker has a female counter part, but because apparently BDO is reverse segregated Females have decided that Males cannot share in all of their professions. Its just janky and weird, and also if you're trying to make a lore argument the idea of "No Male Elves" and "No Female Giants" has so many holes you can poke in it with just those statements it makes you wonder why anyone would say them to begin with.

Finally, if you're a cynical twat like me, you would have opened up the pearl store at some point and noticed the distinct differences in costumes between male and female classes. Females have TONS of options as far as clothing and apparal goes. Males have like 5. At this point its not just insultingly naive to say there isn't a gender bias, but its out right wrong. If you're claiming that females are made more due to market trends (as some in this thread have stated) I would point out your market trends are flawed because there never was an equal footing for those trends to be born on. That's like when people say "Marvel Sells more comics than DC does!" but they leave out that Marvel also sells twice as many books. No **** they're selling more, they have more options. You cannot say females make more money when two thirds of your options, and very often the cooler more interesting options are Female.

Vix likes this.
  9. Dark Eus

In my case the fact they didnt make a dark night/dark elf male version and instead they added other female classes for me at least it is game breaking. About balance.. yeah sure but balance is a an utopia ilusion, there will never be balance but maybe things could be better, i accepted every damn **** about this game, from retarded rng to lags and delayed patches and hidden stats and all craps... but this is way to much, and if this wasnt enough, i am pretty sure kr devs/bosses dont give a damn about what eu/us players think or like... and even now i am so pissed off i cant believe it!

eitheldin and Vix like this.
  10. SaintEaon

I mean it is definitely representative of a clear and present bias in the opinions of the devs. The question is does that change anything? Well, I think we'll see after Ran what they come up with.

11. Catastigma

Futanari is life Futanari is love !

12. Adinda

Adinda Witch EU

This game is for boys who've never seen boobs and old women (like me) who want to play farmville in high graphics.

AlnilamE, eitheldin and Dark Eus like this.
  13. Vix

Vix

I am a girl but I totally agree, we should get more male classes, and male classes should get more costumes and underwear and all of those good things. I also think they should stop making new classes until ones we have now get enough love and care. And I'm talking both about balancing and the real end game- fashion. New classes have less costumes and less accessories (DK still has only one pair of earrings <.<). We keep getting class after class after class and we get more and more players asking for those things for that new class, but before they get what everyone else has- NEW CLASS!

eitheldin and Dark Eus like this.
  14. Circassia

The males tend to be stronger on average than the females or their female counterparts, so I mean if it's meant to be biased towards the females they did it wrong.

15. Nyhmz

Just become a lesbian like me. Much better that way anyway.

16. Kusaragii

Aren't straight guys already lesbians? :^) /injest.

17. PandoraRose

Welcome to the world of MMO's. Plenty are releasing more female characters than males, because most males would rather stare at boobs and butt than a male character.
    Therefor more $$$