1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

154 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. No

117 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Don't care

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Allan1985

upload_2019-12-24_6-17-51.png

while i have never rly cared about PvP (i just karma bomb disrespectfull people) i find this change togheter with the lifeskill only focused updates a rather amusing turn of events, ofc this proves nothing just yet but needless is to say that all things have at some point a beggining, could this the beggining of the no pvp servers?

Attached Files:

LucidKill and gurghul like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

This was bound to happen. More so when you have group of players. That like to do everything in their power to kick kittens and club baby seals for amusement. In a PvP system that is objectively one of the worst in gaming. That's before we even talk about cash based progression system. And widening gear gap.

I saw this coming and warned of it like a year ago. Low and behold it is playing out excatly as I said. As it has played out in every P2W/P4C based PvP progression system the Koreans have imported to the West.

Now if the bar for entry into PvP wasn't so Cash/RNG based. This wouldn't be needed. But since these are Koreans we are talking about. It was only inevitable.

At this point the high gear griefer part of the playerbase should see this as a warning. Keep this type of behavior up. And the same thing that has happened to other OW PvP like this one in Korean MMOs. Will happen to this one as well. OW PvP will be either highly limited or completely removed from the game. And replace with instanced only PvP. I've seen it happen in all of the similar P2W/P4C Korean OW PvP scenes in my 17 Years of MMO gaming.

3. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

The real problem with pvp on olvia server isn't the devs supporting either side, but that you can quit game for a month and come back and potentially have PEN vs quest gear pvp. IMO it's a slight on design side. Would be much less of a problem if they simply removed olvia servers and moved the pvp enable from 50 to 60. There's no point these days anyway for people to pvp with neither awk nor succ.

VerboAcido, Vual, 김나리 and 8 others like this.
  4. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Personally I would highly question pretend "17 years of MMO gaming" from people white knighting so hard games likes GW2 about their health while refusing to acknowledge that its company fired a third of its staff this year but maybe it's just me.

Besides, such people must not have played Tera who featured (maybe still does) an openworld PVP server where people can mass murder level 1 newbs out of town without consequences. Fun fact, Tera creators are korean.

Draconnix and Lord_Xenon like this.
  5. Factorial

The PvP heroes always freak out that a non PvP server would kill the game somehow. This will show how much BS that thought process happens to be. Hilarious.

Yulanda, Stealthe, LucidKill and 6 others like this.
  6. ghoulz666

Oh don't worry. Things will remain toxic as usual. There's nothing stopping others from taking over someone's spot and out-grinding them.

Hell it might get worst in a non-Olvia non-pvp server. Everyone will flood it. Good for anyone decked out. Not the top players, just the ones who aren't decked out enough to dominate Arsha. They will be the ones who take over a non-pvp server. If you're still a newer player trying to climb up, good luck....

7. Kurano

Kurano Kurano Berserker 62 NA

I dont care either way when it comes to these servers but a "Full PEN player quitting to play on Olvia" is still gonna destroy any spawns he wants over a noob if his intent is to mess with someone.

/shrug

8. Allan1985

upload_2019-12-24_9-55-29.png

PVP server in TERA failed long ago, (and it was a optional server and pvp was level locked so there was no "lvl 1 massacres") simply because griefers are nothing but cowards that prey on the weak, it turns out griefers are a minority and since pacefull people also spends in the game a coexistent approach will always be more long term sustainable (just as in society).

and about GW2 you should try it out yourself, once you realize what a wonderfull community you can build with a pve focused game you will see that GW2 and BDO are aimed at 2 different types of players, hence cannot be compared game design wise (that said BDO seems to be slowly evolving to a more PvE friendly approach, imo it was just a matter of time) and about the employees being fired its sad indeed, i had arenanet in high steem until i heard about this, yet i assume the details about that would be important but i havent bothered looking for more info about it so i will not be too hasty with my words.

9. Jannanomana

Jannanomana Jannanomana Witch 62 EU

they should make that they can drop to - 99million karma. if they are below 1 million karma, they can't use ANY NPC except for them in Muiquin, they should also Loose Caphra stones and Gems when getting killed by other players.

You want to fck with new/weak people? Accept the risk that your gear breaks if someone stronger then you appears!

The worse thing is that up to today, people didnt get the purpose of the Arsha Server:

The Arsha server got Implented for OPTIONAL PVP without penalities if u want to defent a spot... Meanwhile everyone PK everyone and dont play the game normaly on arsha...

VerboAcido, Arisha, Blitzball and 5 others like this.
  10. Averdun

That's not true, if you have a group of players versus any PEN geared player, he/she will not be able to out grind that group of players. It is physically impossible for that "1" person to be in different spots killing the mobs, unlike the group (That's if they have the advised AP to be there). I have been on a group of TET geared 49s with accuracy gear and have griefed people in full PEN out of abandoned mines (Because we hit all the bosses at the same time not just one).

IWalkAlone likes this.
  11. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 62

It was only possible to kill someone if they were level 10+, I don't remember it ever possible to kill a level 1. That said, After you get to Velika and get sent to the first openworld all-accessible newbie town, all you had to do was hop on channel 2 or 3 or 4 and you wouldn't be pked for trying to leave town because the people the "griefers" really picked on were the ones too stupid to hop channel. In short, it was actually a lot less of a problem than what you're trying to make it sound like.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  12. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

I remember getting ganked the moment i first reached lvl 50 in catfishmens and being told "Welcome to bdo!". Good old days.

That moment inspired me to attack everone in sight.

13. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Well I don't know whare your picture is coming from, but according to the official server status web page, the PVP server is still available: http://tera.enmasse.com/support/server-status.

Besides, there were mass slaughters in Tera. Maybe not at level 1 where my memory may fail me but for sure at like a level every players reached after like playing one hour on their first day. Tera forums were famous for those topics were some players bragged about mass slaughtering new and low level players at each and every class release.

I did try GW2 and enjoyed it but as every Western MMOs it suffers from the fast-food content syndrome, where rich content is delivered every 6 months roughly and players eat it in 2 weeks on top of the hard cap limit that is reached in a relatively short period of time. Such games are interesting and lively shortly after patches then become stale until next patch hits.

One appealing aspect of games like BDO is that the nature of the game keeps you busy and don't leave you with nothing to do between content patches.

I would agree with the PVE/crafting friendly nature of BDO which was present at release for players not interested in doing PVP and I personally welcome more going towards this trend.

Schwertfee, Naho, seanas and 3 others like this.
  14. TheWorld

Sounds like a golden opportunity to charge for pve only access.

Fearless V, Dalenos and MADE like this.
  15. MaxChestSlider

That's fine, since I believe that Olvia was made for returning players anyway. Everyone will learn to PvP at some point in the game if they're here for combat.

16. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

You just shown your lack of experience. Tera has completely limited OW PvP towards GvG. You can nolonger just sit at Lumbertown's bridge on a geared character massacring all the low levels like before. And that's on the PvP server. Kinda like BDO has been.

BDO is going to follow the same path as all P2W/P4C Korean MMOs do. En Masse did that more than two years ago. But keep going on with the personal attacks rather than attack the facts from experienced people.

Wodahs likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

I must admit I haven't followed closely the precise ruleset of every server from a game I stopped playing like half a decade ago, my bad. I should maybe read every patch notes to fulfill your standard of being experienced about MMOs.

On the other hand, we have people opening their mouth rather big about health status of games like GW2, whose news about their company firing a third of the staff was all over Internet this year, but hey nothing wrong with double standards on BDO forums.

Sigh at "experienced people" and their "facts".

IWalkAlone and AZzalor like this.
  18. Averdun

My son and best friend are running on Olvia currently and one of the problems I have witnessed on there in regards to PvP is there is an uncanny amount of PKers running on a multitude of channels (Returning/disgruntled vets).

19. Kerenis

Kerenis 62 EU

they are just welcoming the newbies

20. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

The issue is getting red with 5 silver worths of cristals and losing 1 minute worth of XP doesn't teach much Olvia players how to behave in PVP.