1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You too :)
    Tbh, i have not yet a single time seen someone being a **** when you have a guild mission...i've been killed doing them but then i tell them i'm doing a guildmission and have X amount of mobs left and they just leave me alone.

Kynreaa likes this.
  2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Lucky you. Sadly it has happened to me far too many times. In two cases I could not even message the players involved because they were apparently playing in offline mode and you cannot whisper a player who us in offline mode. I typed in the general chat too but got no reply. The other times I just got the spot taken typed at me even though I had been there for quite a while before starting the guild mission.

LucidKill likes this.
  3. RandomHajile

To play DA, I can see what people mean. You make ONE full pvp server and very few people go there because they get rekt by the top tier. By the way, that's the way all full loot open world pvp games are, the top people just stomp everyone else. You either join them, pay them off, or take Ls when you get them.

However, it's a different conundrum when you consider ONE full pve server. You'd have it crowded to the max with a bunch of people milling around and getting into each other's way. It does bring up some questions like... why would people do that with a pve server and not a pvp server even tho they purport to want pvp? But the problem would still be there. That you can flag and kill someone in BDO doesn't solve any of these problems, but the fact that there are so many servers keeps it from becoming a total shitshow. It wouldn't even be grief, it'd just be too many people doing the same thing. Running at rocks with speed buffs and trying to press r first.

But if you could just say " I don't wanna participate in pvp, ever, on this character..." speaking of things you can pay for, what about a 1000-2000 pearl no pvp token. hehhh.

AZzalor likes this.
  4. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I am sure they are not going to bring in any pve only servers but if they did they would need to convert half of the current servers if the percentage of players in favour are as high as fifty percent.

LucidKill likes this.
  5. Factorial

Here is the thing: it's a choice. If you want regular server, stay on regular. If you want to put up with the mess of a PVE server, you pick PVE server. If you want to settle for the mess in the PvP server, you stick with the PvP server.

Choices. You pick your poison and deal with it. What's wrong with that?

No one here is claiming that the PVE server is going to fix BDO. We just want the choice. Who is forcing you to go to Arsha? No one. Who would force to go to the PVE server? No one.

It's funny isn't it?

LucidKill and woots like this.
  6. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

You're denying reality. It is a FACT you can play BDO without PvE through the use of trial characters. In doing so you limit your experience. Just like you can play BDO without PvP, but in doing so you limit your experience. Trial characters don't need to be leveled. These are FACTS.

You are unable to accept reality. Everything you say is a fabrication. You haven't "crushed" anyone if anything I destroyed your argument by proving you wrong with absolute facts that you deny because you have an opinion. Opinions don't trump facts.

You have literally said PvP is 100% optional. What does having an option mean? It means you have a choice. So if you have a choice to not participate in PvP already, what do you need a PvE server for other than acting like a petulant child throwing a temper tantrum screaming "I WANT, I WANT, I WANT"?

You're trying to mock @Kynreaa by saying silly things like "I want a Gundam", but you fail to realize your request is equally as absurd as you've aptly demonstrated it's completely unnecessary because you already have the choice you seek.

It's not he who is absurd, it is you, and you can't argue with an absurd person who lacks the basic ability to form a coherent thought.

You have literally and without a doubt, destroyed your own argument by saying that PvP is optional and entirely avoidable, thus negating the necessity for a PvE channel.

Talk about a complete failure of an argument.

#2526 flukeSG2, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2020
    IWalkAlone, AZzalor and Kynreaa like this.
  7. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

These changes doesn't even hold a candle to Arsha existence. Still don't wanna see it? Devs made moves to try to prevent excessive behaviours in this PvPvE game, you should be happy for it as we are (because griefing is not our goal ^^) but no, you take them as granted to prove that pvp is not important in BDO.
    Removed, reduced, stripped? Lol.

But there is Arsha. When they decided to create a special channel, it was to emphasize the importance of PvP in the balance of BDO.. So no, Owpvp is still here, and with so much importance that they created a channel for it. WANNA DENY IT, REALLY?
    :D
    And I can Add Olvia to prove it. They removed owpvp there, but kept the time restricted access. See what it means? That in the end, for the devs, BDO is meant to be played with owpvp when you're not a beginner/returner! XD

You can count 1 per 1, but Arsha is more than enough to prove you wrong. Where's the pve oriented equivalent of Arsha, mmh? Arsha is used, it allows more owpvp, but in the end it is not the solution.

There are many better solution, and still, A PURE PVE CHANNEL DOES NOT BRING ANYTHING GOOD TO THE GAME.

You already tried so many pathetic moves to argue that owpvp is not important, can be removed, without any problem for the game and its balance.
    But it all comes down to the simple idea that you want a pure pve channel because... Well... You want it, nothing more.

IWalkAlone, AZzalor and flukeSG2 like this.
  8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

You do not limit yourself in bdo by avoiding pvp. You can still do all the story quests that you can when you reach the level required and you can partake in all of the life skills. All you are doing is not partaking in pvp which is just a choice you can if you want and you avoid it if that is what you want. I agree if you only want to pvp you can do it with trial characters and all power to anyone that wants to do so. However they are not really experiencing any part of the base game and can have no feeling of accomplishment when everything they are using is charity.

LucidKill and Factorial like this.
  9. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Well, they're experiencing the pvp part. And about the feeling of accomplishment, that's up to the players to see if they feel it or not. Nobody can decide this.

AZzalor and flukeSG2 like this.
  10. woots

Its an option ( flag on player ) that serve in game zero purpose ( no quest, no progression, no reward, no "faction war" no "fight for your region" just nothing ), yet players choosing that option are able to force player not wanting that into it. You break players freedom.
    pve channel create the real option where player can be sure to not be dragged into.

Now the question is, what's your problem by letting ( using that poll as reference ) 50% of the player base choose to totaly opt out any owpvp flag system.
    Wouldnt you still able to live your BDO owpvp life with all other owpvp-er ? wouldnt it be your dream to play with only ppl playing by your owpvp-er imaginary rules so a healthy BDO dangerous owpvp- world without all thoses pleb pver ?

I mean, owpvp-er are full of skilled and brave players, they wouldnt only want to play their little sadistic dictactor with a weak ego that need to be sure to have easy target (/player not owpvp and beeing killed ). Right ?
    So it wouldnt be an issue to see players having a different point of view playing like they want.

#2530 woots, Feb 23, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
    LucidKill, Phoenixxx75 and Factorial like this.
  11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

And your guild was where?

AZzalor likes this.
  12. Factorial

Simple question: how do you level up from 1 to 65 with trail characters?

Are you really asking me where the PVE equivalent to Arsha is when we are asking for that in this very topic? Are you okay?

#2532 Factorial, Feb 23, 2020
    LucidKill, Fearless V and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Tokigare

Tokigare XxSassyxX Shai NA

I am legit impressed this thread has gone on for 128 pages.

LucidKill and flukeSG2 like this.
  14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

The only ways to opt-out of PvP are to either remain level 49 and limit yourself to what you can do in-game or to hide in safe zones and again limit yourself to what you can do. Once you've hit level 50 you're a willing participant in open-world PvP because anyone can attack you at any time.

That's your opinion whether they have a feeling of accomplishment or not, I could easily say how can anyone not participating in PvP have that feeling when they are avoiding a basic part of the game.

You don't. Here's a better question, why would you even need to?

#2534 flukeSG2, Feb 23, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  15. Factorial

To be clear, I am only mocking the idea that we should pay for features we want in BDO, not @Kynreaa. He is usually very reasonable in just about all things. Not this one.

Anyway, it's an idea that should be ridiculed to hell and back because it's so absurd just like you saying that a trial character is equivalent to playing BDO. So I will mock the heck out of those absurd ideals for fun.

LucidKill and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Small guild of eight players, all afk most of the time, probably because of different play times.

LucidKill likes this.
  17. Factorial

Take a seat. I am going to teach you why. You are doing great btw.

Now answer: how do you play the story of BDO on a trail character?

LucidKill likes this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No once you hit fifty you are willing to explore the rest of the quests that you would otherwise be unable to do. At the same time you are still able to avoid fighting another player by changing server or alt. All that happens is that you waste your time dodging di#&heads.
    The accomplishment pve players get are the same as pvp players, that of completing quests, getting knowledge, earning cp and of course that of obtaining a decent gear score, minus the dubious honour of being able to say we have killed some lower geared player that has no interest in pvp.

No need to go higher than the level required to partake in quests but then again why does the pvp player need to level up and gear up when they can all just make trial characters and have all the pvp they desire? Lol you love painting yourself into a corner. I guess you are terrible at chess.

#2538 Phoenixxx75, Feb 23, 2020
    woots and LucidKill like this.
  19. lislisa

That was the best response in this whole conversation honestly took into consideration what was said made several good points.

It is better that Arsha servers were removed a better crime and punishment that rewards players that avoid getting catch and also stops mass genocides ... this stuff is hard and if it wasn't we would have it already.

this game is one a few last bastions of good mmo i dont want to go to ****...

20. LucidKill

Hold up, I thought the pvp crowd was scared of pve channels because everyone can go level up and get full pen much faster there?? Then they can go stomp the pvp crowd into an amorphous pulp with their pve channel pen c20 gear. Now your saying it's going to be full so noone can level up or grind or anything?? Oh well you guys need to make up your minds. Which is it?