1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Imagine 175 people where half of them is prolly not even playing the game would be allowed to make a decision for thousands of players.

2. Vortexii

REAL PVP. That which is doing whatever you can VS your opponent without breaking any game rules. The actual combat is only a small fraction of what REAL PVP is.

To ultimately teach you in the end, THE MOST DETERMINED can dominate the game. Your skill and your gear score will often do you NOTHING against a Stronger Minded Aggressive Smart player.

I fought entire servers for years in an exp loss game. At the end of every day I came out ahead in exp and wealth. War parties, large clans, 10,000's of players just couldn't stop me. They couldn't out last they couldn't endure.

I switched to a sub class each night wearing main equipment, just to bait players into PKing what they thought was a hidden afk player.
    There are so many levels to a real PVP game you couldn't imagine.

I found someone to PK me at the edge of town over and over. He pondered why I moved to slow after a little while. Again, because I was wearing equipment far above my level. He was killing a useless subclass that in appearance looked like the main ;)

We set traps for players, I even collected bounty money on my own PK giving away my own location.

These weaklings today can't handle a real PVPer. Look at the community and Pearl Abyss crumble when a few people fight over a boss or hassle the newbie server.

I'm used to fighting entire servers with a much higher penalty than BDO. You simply could not stand up to a player like me in PVP. I would tear you apart and make you cry lol.

I got killed for exp loss fighting a 1v6. I didn't cower or complain, I went back and killed all of them 1v6 again, for high stakes exp loss. Most players won't even come back for no penalty PVP.

#3102 Vortexii, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  3. Dalenos

Shh soon the carebears will take over BDO join us

[​IMG]

4. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

What kind of PvP is that supposed to be? I did all tiers of node wars, sieges, tournaments with main gear vs lower and higher geared players, also with trial gear. I went red 1vs5 when XP loss was a thing. I won fights while being heavily outnumbered, I won fights while outnumbering myself.
    So what is this experience that I did not have yet?

AZzalor likes this.
  5. DafuqYouLookinAt

Black Desert is a sandbox mmorpg with a pvx core. Just...enjoy the game for what it is already?
    AS0004539_19.gif
    If KR doesn't want it, I doubt it'd be honored here. It probably would've already been honored a long time ago, if they really wanted to do it.
    It really isn't that dangerous outside safezones, that's so over dramatized.
    This topic has gone on way too long, even after PA addressed multiple times their intentions to address the reckless pkers in owpvp and extra details on additional pvp content in development otw.

Honestly, if it's one that that comes off "entitled" and "forceful" it's the very people yelling at PA to make the server in the first place, it's like you refuse to accept that everything within the game is connected. Even arsha has pvp and life skilling all in one channel.
    The fact that they may turn pvp back on during world bosses again [for guild wars] just proves that they enjoy the idea of open world combat.

AZzalor and PeaceInChaos like this.
  6. Vortexii

Don't fool yourself kid. You would be one of the clans sitting in town for months in a time during Clan War in games like Lineage II.

When Uprising put a lock down on major dungeons in the game pking anyone that entered, you would saying "yes Sir, I'll stay out of the dungeon and let them have it".

When you came across a player like me, you would have to just leave. You would eventually get PK'd if you hung around to long, and PKing for exp loss was simply pointless. PKing is easy in these korean trash games. PKing means nothing IF your powerful enough to endure it.

PVP is about standing your ground. It's about fighting someone for months or years where even if you PK them every single day multiple times, you just can't clear them out.

That's the thing today's PVP babies don't seem to get. PVP isn't a friendly duel, it's a nasty war. It's a fight over resources. It enticed Wars in Lineage II that went on for years. Clans despising each other trying to DESTROY each other for YEARS.

Winning a real War in Lineage II was about attrition. About LOSING exp time after time, and fighting day/night for months/years at a time ALL for exp loss. Dwindling down the weak until clans where destroyed.

PVP isn't "this friendly casual PVP sht Pearl Abyss likes to pretend it is".

Pearl Abyss 100% unequivocally DOES NOT want REAL PVP IN THEIR GAMES.

Look at their coward updates!!!! Protect the Newbies!!!! Protect the Resources!!!! No exp loss!!! No fighting over bosses!!

As soon as sht hits the fan, those cowards at Pearl Abyss pull BACK EVERYTHING THEY EVER SAID ABOUT PVP and

SHUT OFF PVP IMMEDIATELY LOL.

They are as dumb as New World's developers not knowing open world full loot would cause problems. How can you ADVERTISE a PVP game, and yet CREATE UPDATES TO PREVENT IT.

PICK A SIDE PEARL ABYSS LOL.

#3106 Vortexii, Mar 2, 2020
  7. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Imagine where the 51% of players not liking pvp turns out to be roughly the same percentage of all players!

Factorial and LucidKill like this.
  8. Vortexii

I know, as if @Kauni had any better stats. LOL if you don't like the Poll just ignore it.

I'll give you a REAL STAT THOUGH........ FAR MORE than 50% of the players I interact with don't WANT to OWPVP against me. There are a few on occasion. Highly geared and love wasting their Karma, but it's less than 2%.

The STRONG majority want NOTHING to do with it. They don't provoke it, I FORCE IT UPON THEM. I CAUSE the problem. And SO MANY just want to play the game and be left alone. They don't want to instigate, they don't want to be involved.

Shame on Kakao & Pearl Abyss for forcing them to deal with this problem.

9. Dalenos

Who is been forceful here are you that threaten or trigger by memes really some people can't take a joke I see >.>

10. DafuqYouLookinAt

Imagine thinking the votes represent the entire player base when there is a % of players who don't use the forums or who do use the forums and choose not to vote/comment. The votes hold weight, sure because the players who choose to voice their opinions are the ones who assist in providing feedback to the developers. We cannot deny the one side has more than the other, just keep the following above in mind.

Take in consideration this isn't an official poll, this is a poll made by another player not by an official member of the Pearl Abyss/Kakao Team.
    With a topic such as this, I think an official one is needed - if they plan to get anywhere with this repetitive topic.
    Should PA/Kakao hold a poll meeting then we're getting somewhere.
    Should PA/Kakao announce whether or not they'll create a non-owpvp channel. The only information they provide is that they plan to address the reckless pkers which to me sounds like those people will be punished not "we plan to create a server...."

I'm chillin, my dude. Shouldn't assume I feel a certain way - length in words doesn't = triggered. Idk what it is with some people thinking that just because someone types in detail or in length they are considered "mad lads"

I just thought it'd be funny to play a reverse card on your "Just Do It" meme :]

AZzalor and PeaceInChaos like this.
  11. PeaceInChaos

PeaceInChaos Sorceress 63 NA

Revamped Karma-System / Bounty Hunter System WHEN??????????

12. Dalenos

Ah, I see if you say so. But I am sure the majority of the people wouldn't mind PVE servers >.> Considering how some people get trigger by everything you never know. But with that name and Pepe avatar I guess you are not one of them.

#3112 Dalenos, Mar 2, 2020
  13. DafuqYouLookinAt

I mean, I'm all for memes and what not but I'm not someone who falls into the "toxic" category like some people throughout the forums who talk trash to other people out of anger. I at least try to understand and look at multiple perspectives while standing my ground on my own views, opinions & objectives.

I, myself, have experienced griefers in my game play too just like many others but it's incredibly occasional - I just deal with them and it's situational but the majority of the time they're either way too weak to PK me or my guild will take care of them with me.
    My guild has a "no griefing policy". We only pvp with reason in ow, not just looking for someone random to kill them over & over for literally no reason.
    We also assist other guilds or ppl who are getting griefed by deccing a guild for example.

Pepe is just cute honestly and I love coffee so pepe drinking coffee is perfect.

AZzalor and Dalenos like this.
  14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Nobody is saying categorically that the poll numbers accurately reflect the whole player base but I feel you would be surprised by how many have no interest in pvp.
    Look at how many lifeskill guilds there are. Canvassing the players you know will not help if you are mainly into pvp anymore than if I were to canvas the players I know that are more into lifeskilling. The main thing here is that the pvp contingent need to stop saying they know that the poll is completely skewed because they have no idea what they are talking about, they just have an opinion.
    I really wish the game devs would put a poll on the main log in page so we could get the true picture. It would stop all this circular debating.

Factorial and LucidKill like this.
  15. DafuqYouLookinAt

I wouldn't be surprised by how many people have no interest in pvp at all because this game is diverse and has many different people who have different objectives than others - also following that, obviously different personalities too. I think what's really nice about BDO is that you can play in this massive open world that offers many different types of content. I don't mind the potential "risk" of ow combat with another player, if it's repetitive sure it gets annoying but there are various ways to deal with that and I think the system should be strengthened and be more interesting than what it is now.
    My point in all this, I like the game's current system I just want it reworked...people don't have to agree with the server that's why we're here standing on different sides.

Not everyone will get along, a non-pvp server will not be some humbled lil world but people can feel how they want about the other side of the fence.
    The game is diverse in many ways and ow combat adds to that.

The poll is not skewed but the poll is not official either and there are far many more people who truly love and play this game for pvp than what the % "No" says. Not all of those pvpers are griefers either.

Edit: Even if the make an official poll - This is a what-if situation...
    > > What will you all do if they truly address this topic and address that they do not plan to make the non-pvp server? Surely you've prepared yourselves for a just in case situation that your suggestion is not honored? Their team does say not every suggestion is honored if they feel it is not fit, even if numbers favor for it. There's a lot of content suggestions we have within the forums that many people vote "yes" towards but it doesn't make the cut because it's their game and their decision.

#3115 DafuqYouLookinAt, Mar 2, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Why would I do that?

Am I right if I assume you are either not playing at all or you play on NA and this is the reason why you run your mouth?

AZzalor likes this.
  17. Vortexii

The reason you ask that question probably indicates you have no idea how an actual PVP games works. Nearly every player in a strong clan sits in town for months because they constantly die by war parties.

Korean trash PVP games give ganking a MASSIVE advantage so defending is horrible.

#3117 Vortexii, Mar 2, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2020
  18. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

I guess we totally lost the subject here, don't you think?

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

So that means you are not even playing BDO and just run your mouth here? Do you really have no other hobbies or any good game to play? Running your mouth on BDO forums while not even playing it is really the best option you have? Well, I am sorry for you mate. I wish you best of luck.

AZzalor likes this.
  20. Vortexii

Demonstrating that YOU have no idea how an actual PVP game operates has nothing to do with playing BDO ;)

BDO is on par though mechanically with every other Korean pile of trash game. Get Gear > Win. Ridiculous damage. Cheese mechanics. I would suppose when they can release this piece of garbage for PVP and make a billion back there isn't much need to work on game mechanics.

They will just rely on pathetic whales trying to wallet war each other and never produce anything worthwhile.

I guess I can't fully blame you though. If you can't handle Dark Souls and lack the ability to play fighting games, and mobas, maybe this is just the best you can personally do? I guess without this you have nothing left.......sad. No wonder why you PVPers try to defend the game lol.