1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Vortexii

You just demonstrate your lack of knowledge about what the issues even are. Skill isn't even relevant to most OWPVP. I could lose 100% of the fights and you would still be screwed over by the game mechanics lol.

You don't even have a basic fundamental understanding of how OWPVP works in the game ;)
    Do ANY of you so called PVPERS even play this game lol.

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

But you are not referring to this poll with ~350 people in order to make a significant game change for hundred thousands of people over the world?

If you'd have this understanding, you'd never lose 100% of fights. Let's find out if you will?
    (btw absolutely did not see this dodge comming at all)

#3182 Kauni, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  3. Vortexii

You literally have no idea how the game even works.

I come across tons of players every day I can 100% dominate. Being able to kill them isn't enough to be effective or get anything done. All any of them would need to do is Karma Bomb and if I was dumb enough to go RED I would automatically fail.

I can't believe you don't even have a basic understanding of OWPVP. This is truly amazing.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  4. Factorial

I have a feeling that explaining mathematical extrapolation would be futile on you. Suffice to say that you should look it up, study, be better.

Phoenixxx75, Dalenos and woots like this.
  5. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

I see some random claims again, where are the arguments you been talking about?

Would you have same opinion on the poll if I tell my guild to participate here quick? You should know this poll has absolutely nothing to do with extrapolation :-)

AZzalor likes this.
  6. SSIJ

Correct. This and cancer accessory enchant system.
    Two main reasons why PA will never see my money.

I bought this game many years ago. But after few weeks uninstalled. Now I returned but still a lot of things need major changes to be fun. What publisher does? Destroys the game even more.

Vortexii likes this.
  7. DafuqYouLookinAt

This is a video game, if the cash shop allows it then it will still exist. I don't think it's true that a pve only channel would solve p2w at all.
    Players who choose to support it or give in will absolutely swipe to get ahead the ez route.
    People p2w in many other games genres too if there is access to it. Whales are whales - both pvp & pve players whale it out.
    Luckily our cash shop doesn't let you buy already enhanced gear because I've played MMORPGs that allow that, eugh.

We can throw out all the % we want but everyone is different & some people lean towards the middle. A lot of people play this game just because it has everything offered all into one experience.

Majority of MMORPGs in general have pve content because it is a core feature to progressing your character; to reach further in self-growth.

Thing is, we can life skill in safe zones perfectly fine. Majority if not all resources at least require you to go out of them to acquire.

This game can also easily become even more afk simulator, I don't think that is healthy for this game at all given the targeted audience and how deep we're in already with the current system. Not to mention we already have many bots/hackers running among us, I'd imagine it'd be even worse on a non-pvp channel.

As for non-pvp grinding, I mean griefers in general are very occasional and any place at any given time can become populated. I don't like the idea of someone disrupting my progression in grinding and I'm unable to do anything about it but swap back to normal servers or move somewhere else in hopes that spot isn't taken too.

PVX player here, I like experiencing many content. I don't mind some afk progression but there comes a point where it's just too much.
    It can be hard on PC too and I feel as if people should be actively playing and interacting with another. I find it healthier to have live people and in various areas of the game and often. It can feel lonely even with people around you simply because of too much afk.
    I've played a few games that went more towards solo-play and it freaking killed the fun of it.

I want more group content, more reasons to play with other people and I definitely wouldn't mind if they strengthened the Outlaw system.

Can't please everyone - it's impossible. People will always find things to complain about either out of spite or legit reasons of dissatisfaction.
    Even with a non-pvp channel people will find it's flaws and that it isn't as perfect as they thought it would be. That's the brutal honesty of it.
    Whatever the direction the devs may choose I hope it's a smart move & take in everything everyone has expressed on both sides.

I'm a bit confused with your tone in your comment? I actually already address and said what you're saying to me. Of course polls give you an idea and I literally have stated that here more than once. I am not against polls at all I'm saying this is a hot topic.
    Even if a poll holds weight with popular vote, it may or may not be honored because ultimately they are the decision makers.
    I think also creating an official PA/Kakao poll would be nice or survey. No harm in that? I think an official announcement on their true direction of our system would be nice of keep owpvp system or change. No harm in that?

#3187 DafuqYouLookinAt, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    AZzalor likes this.
  8. Vortexii

These forums are basically just a fraud intentionally hiding the dirty aspects of the game via moderation. The fact that Olivia OWPVP had to be removed from the game indicates serious harassment and bullying issues within the game. In fact so much that it required the attention of the developers that overlook tons of issues.

Isn't it odd that a game that entices so much conflict between players can't handle it being displayed on their forums?

It was clear as day when during a promotional event they publicly lied saying you need to "consent to PVP". They where ashamed to admit the game has a highly toxic and unfriendly environments. So they fraudulently lied about it. It was on video.

So don't tell me about belittling others, when the very core of the game is meant to incite conflict, abusively get minors gambling, and heavily promote bullying and anti social behavior.

Fearless V, Phoenixxx75 and woots like this.
  9. dwk

dwk

I would love a PVE channel, even thou I like PVP. I know My wife would be interested in playing BDO with me if there was a no-PVP server/or PVE only channel, she has no interest in being streamed, ridiculed and cyberbullied at the same time, Which pretty much sums up OWPVP in games currently.

Also, we won't let our kids play BDO as the message behind PVP is bad. it's all about taking what you want from someone else, there is no other way to solve situations other than conflict. which is what the games PVP is about, I don't want my kids to learn that behavior whether it is in games or life.

So that's why I want a PVE server, so my family can play with me!

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  10. woots

Do you have a link for that video ? would like to see that ( and others owpvp-er lover would jump on you to get proof tho )

11. Factorial

This has everything to do with extrapolation. It's one way to use the data properly, but this sums up your issue: avoiding reality while spinning things to suit your twisted collision. Sorry, been on mystic lately. Hella fun too. Join me.

12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I don't doubt that it would increase the player count, but to pa, a single player that spends 10k is worth more than 100 players that only buy the base game or spend only very little.
    At the same time i'm very sure that from those players, not many would stick around long simply because this games pure pve content does not offer much, especially later down the road.

If you are happy with the games state, it is unlikely that you come to the forums and complain. So it could be that the actual playerbase doesn't want pve servers but never even thought of them and doesn't see the reason to come to the forum and vote here?

There are so many factors that make this poll very likely not representative, so it's not really relevant.

#3192 AZzalor, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2020
  13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

So if I would bring people to the forum who are actually playing the game but are not interested in the people who just post on forums while not even playing the game (and we have a lot of this people here..) then that would mean that I "spin things". Interesting, I thought that would actually finally bring some reality back to the forums.
    Do I understand it correctly? You truely believe this poll has any relevance to anyone and actually represents the opinion of the playerbase but it's just sheer coincidence the number of participants is not even close to actual surveys on discord where most people do not participate anyway due to many reasons?
    Just to give you an idea if you don't know: the average number of participants for bdo official discord surveys are 60k.

14. Factorial

So you are telling me that you are going to basically skew the survey by cheating. Okay, nice work. Look, you have already proven yourself to bring in illegal methods with your suggestions. It goes without saying: stop it.

A poll doesn't fit your crooked view of the game, so the poll must be wrong. Here is a quarter, try again. Insert coin.

15. Vortexii

It was a long time ago and I believe some of the videos where removed. It was truly shocking. A blatant moment that when confronted with marketing and a larger audience one thing became overwhelming apparent. The optics of the actual game experience was NOT something they wanted to admit or advertise.

Remember this was a marketing demonstration made to attract new customers. Made to display features of the game and they wanted a positive image.

Think about this, the ONLY reason to hide something like this is if you know it looks bad. You have to be consciously aware that what you are doing is problematic. Otherwise, you have no reason to hide it.

So if the marketing departments clearly know they do not want to promote BDO to a public audience as an open world be attacked at any time, then why are Pearl Abyss & Kakao trying to push that narrative?

They knew customers would shy away from the game because they didn't like it.

It's a sad state of affairs. No one has a problem with consensual PVP. They can have many forms of it.

Kakao should honor what they tried to tell the public and implement PVE servers.

Kakao knows there is a problem and they refuse to do anything about it.

16. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

So asking people who actually play the game to take part in a survey is called cheating now? Well ok then...
    And if it does then it's cheating, am I right? :-)

AZzalor likes this.
  17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I could just run to my guild, tell them to vote against it and suddenly you've have 100+ new votes against it and the poll would be completly different.

If the poll was representative (meaning you pick an sample size 1-2k players from the game that roughly represent the player base), you could extrapolate the poll
    Oh i also remember there were videos of them telling that pve is just a means to pvp and owpvp is the main content of this game...but sadly the videos got removed so i can't post evidence :)

18. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Cheater! :D

AZzalor likes this.
  19. Vortexii

If there was actual accountability like publicly shaming you on a Stickied thread for a year I'd spend a little more time digging it up ;)

Are you publicly stating you know for fact that video does not exist?

20. Dalenos

Been a carebear in EVE online lmao. Really last time check most of the big corporations on game love been a pain in the ass to players and to themselves, EVE online community is even more toxic than BDO. So please tell me another because you are not a carebear.

I quit for a month just to play in Olivia servers and yes it seems pkers are just waiting for noobs or under-geared players to pass by them to rekt them. Most of the people protesting this are not the PVP crowded but pkers.

I wouldn't bother they only understand quick maths lmao

#3200 Dalenos, Mar 3, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2020