1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Game was for free... people just testing it, wait a week or too and see what happens. Also if most people wanted PvE only channels, why are not all Olvia channels overrun?
    If this screenshot was not taken because of game being free for a while, then it would literally prove that the majority wants PvPvE channels.

I am curious, what kind of PvE content did attract you in BDO that you did not find in any other game?

AZzalor likes this.
  2. SnowRose

No thats not it because new players play on Olivia and other players on all the other servers. Lots of people also came back because of the rewards etc. but again, non of them is interested in PvP. Playing MMOs for PvP is stupid anyway. Its never good or fun. There is a reason why games like LoL, Overwatch, Fortnite, Dota and co are that popular while nobody cares about MMO PvP Games. The majority of players play MMOs for PvE, not for PvP.

3. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

We will see in few weeks. In fact Olvia channels are not overrun. If it was a lag issue, then no channel would be overrun cause people would spread. So what other reason could it be that not all Olvia channels are overrun meanwhile most PvPvE channels are crowded?
    I'd say there is a better reason to play singleplayer games for PvE than saying playing an online game for PvP is stupid. How else am I supposed to play PvP in a MMORPG?

Excuse me, what? People want PvP MMORPGs, there are just none. People always wanted it, literally the only reason why WoW introduced arenas and more BGs after classic.
    What kinda of PvE content does BDO offer you that other games don't? Cause I can freely say not a single game you listed has even anything somewhat similar combat to BDO just because these are not MMORPGs.

AZzalor likes this.
  4. Xenosuke

Going to leave these here since you may have missed them. Reasons why all servers are overpopulated in your photo. Also, as of right now NA only has 3 overcrowded channels. Event1.JPG Event2.JPG

AZzalor likes this.
  5. Sparzy

I like to explore in games, i started playing bdo when my then fav game (Firefall) shutdown, it was also open world explore for knowledge and do what you want. I still miss it

6. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Sadly there is not much to explore in BDO. ESO has a huge map and probably a lot of things to explore. Did you try it? Or did you explore there everything already and looked for a new game?

AZzalor likes this.
  7. Kagedancer

Laughed at that server pop photo - with the "pvp" server being pretty much one of the very few without any note on its population. And it has everything people want in this thread - at least as far as I could tell before I blocked 4 of them: PVP with no karma issues and some extra loot to bribe people to play on the server (err, I mean, "compensate them for increased challenge" - ROFL!)

And yet people can't just be happy going there. That sever is never overpopulated, despite the loud people who claim that is how all servers should be.

I also just wanted to note that the designated "PVP" server is so unpopular, they never felt the need to allocate any other servers with that rule set.

woots, Sparzy and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  8. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

Or maybe because even if you put 2-3 people on every spot that is worth it to grind, the server is still not crowded because they can handle more people? lol...

AZzalor likes this.
  9. Dalenos

Delima continues to be a carebear or not be a carebear o.O I have to assume that because they stop PVP on Olivia doesn't mean they will do this on the rest of servers. It would be nice though the funny thing is I seen several complaints on Olivia servers that they can't gank or harrassed noobs and new players. Then the same people also claim there were no people doing those things on the regular servers. That some weird pker logic there >.>

#3449 Dalenos, Mar 7, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
    LucidKill and Kagedancer like this.
  10. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Just a reminder: PvE channels are unnecessary because according to those who don't like PvP it's completely avoidable making the necessity for such a channel meaningless. Case closed.

AZzalor, IWalkAlone and SevFFS like this.
  11. Dalenos

Do you do realize that this thread contradicts your statement? Also, most that don't like PVP don't engage in pvp it's forced on them on a lot of games by pkers. Hence the need for said pve servers <.<

#3451 Dalenos, Mar 7, 2020
    woots, Phoenixxx75 and Kagedancer like this.
  12. Kagedancer

Um, PvPers are the ones making that argument, not the other way around.

woots and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Seriously... You're still at this point?

So you... decided that players are not interested in pvp and that's over? Interesting way of closing a discussion...

EXACTLY! Separate channels are not a solution, so PvPvE is the way to go!
    Thanks for agreeing

And you're simply another one who try to "create" our arguments : no, Arsha does not have everything we want, and no, nobody said all channels should have Arsha's rules.

Some pure pve channel defenders made some long post telling us how owpvp was optional, irrelevant, anecdotal, and that the main point of BDO was PvE, this the logical step of creating pure pve channel anyway. And that it was getting even more obvious with Olvia, boss without pvp and so on...
    Just check this topic.

14. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Someone is disagreeing with me, I better block them.

Also, the PvP server will never be overpopulated, it is impossible - if there are too many people, the ones that lose battles for spots will leave. Because the popular karma bombing wont work. In short: Arsha not being overpopulated means it is actually working.

No, you can just leave the spot or try to find some way without any people :) You being on the spot is you consenting to being attacked.

15. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

It doesn't contradict at all, we have been told repeatedly in this very thread that PvP is completely avoidable by those same people claiming they need a PvE channel.

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  16. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

No, PvE players are the ones who said in this very thread, repeatedly no less, that PvP is completely avoidable, thus making the need for a PvE channel meaningless. There's like 25 pages of them making that argument.

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  17. Kagedancer

Don't need to deal with your condescension either. *blocks*

18. Kagedancer

If PVE'rs felt that PVP was easily avoidable and a non-issue we wouldn't be posting here. Sorry - your just wrong. Maybe you are confused about which side is saying this. *shrug*

19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Sadly there's no confusion, we've been told both things - that pure pve channels were needed to avoid griefing and that BDO was already nearly a pve game.

Edit : You want nonsense, look for Factorial (work with Vortexii too)! Link for the second part of what I said : is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

#3459 Sadalsuud, Mar 7, 2020
    flukeSG2 and AZzalor like this.
  20. woots

pve channels would avoid to have someone force pvp on you, as for "griefing" that's something that happen in any MP games, heck, even when i was playing a lot BF3-4 somes players from the same team would find a way to annoy / grief you / make you beeing spoted / killed.
    When someone really want it, grief ( in general ) will happen.
    Yet without flag system, you will sure avoid the situation where someone try to lower your heal enough via flag usage to have you beeing killed by mobs.
    I saw somes tried that on a character i was playing more often than ppl trying to pve ks only tho.

Yup "nearly" once flag turned off for somes channels it would be pve, with still the ability to duel, use arena near all town, node - siege etc etc.

there is no particular non sense, he only say that pvp flag usage have been turned down a lot already because seems like PA dont put the empahsis on it in their open world ( which was vs a argument saying : BDO is a owpvp as core design )
    And that owpvp / flag usage doesnt bring difficulty in the game ( i suppose only for thoses choosing to consider that option as something important )