1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. IWalkAlone

I agree, Its not fun atleast for me, and I know that there are people that killed you just on spot.It happens to mesince Im low gear casual player.But this dont bothers me at all since I know its part of the game.I understand that its problem for you and some other people, and Im totaly ok for you to have PvE server.But like I said it bothers me for the future of the game.But we will see, it clear now that we have PvE servers now, the only downsize is you should wait one month to enter it.If it goes well and dont break the comunity be sure that in short time you will have fully PvE server.Becouse devs change theyr minds when they see more income.I can only pray not lose another fun game.

Yes dude thats exactly you...

Go on continue to deny the real world :)

#341 IWalkAlone, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2019
    Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  2. Tiresias

Tiresias Witch 60 NA

I don't even understand the concern here. So what if there are PvE-only servers? It's obvious that they can be offered without impacting the rest of the servers (i.e. Olvia servers). It's not affecting anybody if PvE-only servers are available. Even as it stands right now, you can't PvP against the entire player base because the game is broken down into multiple servers.

Some nights I'd just like to peacefully grind out lumber or Basilisks without being bothered. I, like many other people, are likely to jump back and forth between the PvE and PvP servers; I even play on Arsha sometimes.

I see nothing wrong with offering options.

3. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Witch NA

I'm not the one over reacting to something people are not saying or talking about tho.

4. Fearless V

[​IMG]

But there are some people that seem incapable of processing this.

Dalenos likes this.
  5. IWalkAlone

haha Im not so suree :) talking about overreaction I remember your videos.. when sound is on ;)

6. IWalkAlone

There is nothing wrong having both PvE and PvP servers if that was the original idea of the game.But tell me what will happen when you go to your PvE server to grind peaceful and there are 10 people waiting for one pack of mobs ?

#346 IWalkAlone, Dec 30, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    DafuqYouLookinAt and AZzalor like this.
  7. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Here comes the new challenger, jumping on the last pages and saying the exact same nonsense that have been simply proven wrong in all those pages.

Simply put :
    - PvPvE game, why would you be able to safely grind without PvP interference when the game has been balanced with it?
    - Less population - - > less conflicts
    - Safe for everyone, including the ones that have the gear to defend themselves and the PK griefers that could benefit from it after their evil deeds. So you're removing potential pvp-ers from regular servers.
    - Without restriction, even PvPvE players may be tempted and it would reduce even more population on regular servers, not because pure pve is so attractive, but because it would be no less than a kind of bribery. (they would go where they can make the best money)
    - Better yield for those who have the best gear. Not only do they already have a good stuff, but you want to gift them with the best spots and the large rotations that fits their superior clearing speed?
    - And in such a case, players with medium gear who could not find a decent spot would have to take a chance on regular servers. Pretty ironic, don't you think?
    - Seperated channels would partially solve the problem, but it would still remove players from regular channels
    - Same goes for reduced drop rates, an infected band-aid at best.

So the solution lies in PvPvE. Higher spot should always give more money, high spot should be for group only, the game should promote teamplay because a group is already a kind of protection for the PvE player and in every case, a pvp loss shared with fellow team mates is always easier to accept. A bounty hunter system should be existing, karma should be reworked and penalties for death should be dissuasive but temporary so that it does not reduce the pleasure that comes with a good pvp.
    All of this, because PvPvE is to my opinion the best way to make this game evolve, to give an interesting pve to those who don't like it and a good pvp for the PvEers. But simply allow players to remove the part they don't like will never be a good solution.

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  8. Fearless V

Then you have the options of either waiting for that mob or moving back to the PvEvP channels. No harm no foul at all. Just more options for you to consider.

But I have one for you. Tell me what happens when you go on a PK outing. And find that almost everyone is on said PvE only channel. Now that would be the kicking that you are actual currently worried about right? The lack of target to PK. Am I right or wrong? Please answer that.

9. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I may be wrong but as I see it people interested in pve only do not really grind all that much. We quest and we explore and we gain knowledge and we life skill.
    Ps oh and I forgot some role play.

Solitaire likes this.
  10. IWalkAlone

First part: Since its no problem to go back to PvEvP server why should be PvE only server in first place?But like I told you, you are just feilier in PvP and salty for no reason.
    Second part: You are delusional again, and since I dont go for random PK, you should fabricate answer too.

11. IWalkAlone

And yet again you say, and you are not the only one, that you dont grind much, so why is so big a problem OwPvP. I mean you dont need character over 50 for life skill, and usualy quests are far from contested zones.
    So again for something that dont happen often, why such a big fuzz to change the concept of the game.

12. Fearless V

Have you seen the unbalanced state OW PvP is in BDO. Why are you saying the game has been balanced with it. When in fact it has no PvP balance in it what so ever when you compare it to other MMOs with PvP in them. I swear people like yourself act like they've never played another MMO with PvP in it.

If this is what you are afraid of. Then you are contradicting your first statement here. Because this would mean PvP is so unbalanced that people would seek to get away from it. To enjoy the game because PvP is crap and has nothing to offer in terms of enjoyment.

It's already like that now so nothing will change at all. Actually I suspect most if not all of the lower gear players and lifeskiller would welcome such a change. Because this would make their gameplay much more enjoyable.

If you feel that giving players the option to go into PvE only channels will kill PvP. Than you have way more to worry about than PvE only channels. That would mean that BDO's PvP systems and scenes are completely lacking big time. To the point again, most players just don't want to be bother by it. Leaving the PvEvP channel even more barren than they are now.

If this was a Western Dev team that was truly interested on making impactful development changes to the game. I would complete agree with you. But since these are Korean Devs. it's safe to say that's just a pipe dream. And the only thing to ever happen is just like in other like Korean MMOs. The harsh limitations or complete removal of free open world PvP from BDO. But this last group text is the only thing I can agree with you in this post.

13. Fearless V

For the betterment of the game. And to entice more newer players to try and stay with the game. For you know the health of the game.

What is a feilier? And actually the only ones that are salty and non constructive is most of the people that are against PvE only channels. So far not a single reason other than "I'll lose abunch of targets to PK" was levied against PvE only channels. Stop projecting your salt as mines.

If this was true, then why are so against defenseless PvEers and Lifeskillers, from having a choice to be PK by Pkers and griefers?

I have already fabricated the answer. And since you are not denying that fabrication. Than I'll safely assume that it's actually true.

14. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I am not here arguing for pve only servers. I am here arguing against all the people that say that it will ruin the game if there were.
    By the way I have very many times been ganked while completing quests which are in areas that people grind. I guess you do not quest much if you do not realise that you must kill mobs for many of them. I have also been attacked while riding my horse from a to b and while standing still looking at my map or the market place. I have also been attacked while attending farms which must be done in combat areas.
    So while you say you do not need to level last 49 there are few hundred quests or more that require you to be level 56 and above.

Solitaire and Fearless V like this.
  15. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

Man you must do something wrong, the number of times I was attacked randomly was... uhm... I guess 3 times, including in the first week after launch when everyone was playing around.

16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

@Sadalsuud. Why would there be less population if there were seperate pve/ pvp servers? Surely there would only be a redistribution of players across servers. At the moment each server is populated by both types of player. Once there are seperate servers the populations will migrate to the server of their choice just like now and it is entirely possible that there will be as many players per server as before. The only difference would be that in the pvp servers you will have people that enjoy pvp which can only enhance your enjoyment over the sheer disappointment a true pvp player feels when facing an opponent that does not fight back. That is unless you enjoy the hollow feeling one gets from an empty victory.

17. Fearless V

I've also been attacked quite a few times while minding my business questing or lifeskilling with lifeskilling gear on. Back when BDO NA had a decent size population. I was being attacked many times a day back than. Was being called a Karmabomber by PKers who thought they own the game and rights to the spot I was farming. Some of them dec'ed my guilds.

These days tho I barely even run into another player. But about a week ago when I was trying out Mystic. I had someone try to PK me at Polly's while I was grinding for about 20 minutes straight. I got so annoyed that I just left and logged off the game. To save timers on my buffs.

Solitaire and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No I did nothing wrong except be where some ahole was at the same time?

Fearless V likes this.
  19. SevFFS

SevFFS Kunoichi 62 EU

So you got contested on your spot? That is not fair?
    And do you think a PvE channel would solve the issue at Polly? You would waste your buff anyways, because you wont get kills since other people can just camp your rotation.

IWalkAlone likes this.
  20. Allan1985

you cannot ignore the devs since they are the ones making the decisions, people is free to ask what they feel they need/want, and the devs will decide whether its viable or not.

Phoenixxx75, Solitaire and Fearless V like this.