1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

230 vote(s)
    54.6%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Kagedancer

2. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

So? I said they lost money for BDO PC. Where was I wrong? And the christmas sale 2019 was beyond everything else we had so far in cash shop.

Attached Files:

• ok.jpg
      ok.jpg
      File size:
      30.9 KB
      Views:
    flukeSG2 and AZzalor like this.
  3. Kagedancer

Yes, you were. Calculate actual dollars. Which you can do by multiplying the percentage of revenues that are mobile by total dollar for BDO, then substracting that from total revenue, then subtracting Eve from what's left.

And this is with them cannibalizing the Black Desert IP with new platforms away from PC.

As an aside, Archer was already released in Q4 2018, and no new class was released in Q4 2019. That should have tipped the scales in 2018's favor.

#3883 Kagedancer, Mar 10, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  4. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

And no matter the result, still no regular pure pve channel... What's your opinion?

5. Factorial

That's the problem with you folks: you think that having an option means you should use that option. You don't take any consideration about the option being innately bad or meaningless. So as a result, you keep on making bad choices and think it's okay since it's an available option. That's the behavior a fool would endorse.

I get it though: you guys simply don't know better. As a consequence, you make the bad choice. No matter how bad the choice is, you say, "but we are allowed to do it!" That's childish reasoning that I fear you guys would never ever rise above. As such, you are stuck making poor choices, suffering the consequences, and never learning to do better.

Please, do better.
    I can't hold your hand in everything. If you are going to glorify the starvation of resources as being a good game design, I am going to call you out on it.

The Arsha channel is plenty for you guys. Didn't you want constant conflict over rotations? Well there you have it. By the twisted and completely idiotic philosophy that you guys promote, only a few people are allowed to play the game while the rest have to kick rocks. Your whole messed up outlook on the game is to defend your rotation.

The Arsha channel is perfect for that. Only those who can defend their rotation get to play, everybody else should just be fodder and unable to progress. It's perfect. So in effect, the lone Arsha is enough: if you can't defend a rotation you deserve to waste your time completely. Enjoy your terrible reasoning. As such, you only need one Arsha.

6. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

We can, we do when it seems interesting for our own interest, that's allowed by the game, and even more, some of us have chosen the game because, between other reasons, owpvp is part of it.
    You're thinking that this option is "innately bad or meaningless", but this opinion is absolutely irrelevant. The same thing goes for your opinion about our "bad choices".
    Why? Because it is only your opinion.

The only fool here is the one coming here and complaining about others using features that are IG, randomly deciding that they are bad.
    You totally ignore the FACT that BDO is PvPvE, you totally ignore the players that chose this game BECAUSE of owpvp, you totally ignore the current features of the game, you totally ignore the words and plans of devs.
    So you'll have to deal with the "bad choices" of others... Simply because nothing you say can prove that this feature is bad. It is ingame, used by many players, and they seem to appreciate it. But you don't care and worry about a handful of players that can't bear any form of owpvp.

You should make a work on yourself and stop seeing a lost owpvp fight as a unbearable offence and aggression against you, it can even be fun.

And again, you forget that BDO is PvPvE, Arsha too, and basing your argument on the fallacy that players defending owpvp are hardcore owpvpers that only want to do that, all the time.
    Stupid idea to think that players want to always do the same thing but hey, you dare to defend it.

So keep in mind, BDO, Arsha are PvPvE. You can try to get higher benefit by keeping a spot, you can make a bet by going on Arsha. Different level of PvPvE, but still PvPvE. A regular pure pve channel would go against that.

IWalkAlone, flukeSG2 and AZzalor like this.
  7. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I shouldn't have had to explain this already, but I have. I shouldn't have to explain it a second time, but I will. Some resources are more valuable than others. More valuable resources lead to faster progression.

They sure did, that wasn't the mistake, however. The mistake was not replacing it with something else. Something they intend to fix.

You don't explain because you can't explain.

PvP hasn't been reduced. In fact, compared to 5 years ago there are more PvP options. It seems like exactly what the developers have been saying. The only thing they have done is streamlined in order to make it more accessible (not less) to everyone.

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  8. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Can you believe that guy is actually trying to argue that there is both resource starvation (there's not), but then immediately turns around and says there is an abundance of resources as well?

It's laughable that he tells the majority of players who enjoy all aspects of the game that they have to be isolated on the Arsha channel. If that's the case then all these so-called "PvE" players should isolate themselves on Olvia channels.

AZzalor likes this.
  9. davidiven

can you people wanting pve only server answer me a simple question, how do you grind in good spots where there are tons of other people messing with you and you cant do nothing about it, learn to share, right?

there are already many ways to completely avoid pvp, my guild has a lot of life skillers and I never hear them complain about getting pk, because they know exactly what to do to avoid that while still making a lot of silver

AZzalor, flukeSG2 and IWalkAlone like this.
  10. Dalenos

Almost 200 pages
    I saw it on the server chat it was there. Even If had the proof, you wouldn't care you would say I wrote or something since I can't show names and stuff. So get off your ivory tower, please >.>

Right, and when no one is around and some pleb in a ghillie suit is just ganking people for fun then what genius. There are people playing this game e for the sole purpose of harassing players. But I don't see how pking horse trainers or life skill players afk fishers is a threat to your rotations.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  11. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

You don't see it because it does not exist since it's not possible to pk people in safe zones.

AZzalor likes this.
  12. Dalenos

Right, I am sure glitching people on boats on the shore taking them out of a safe zone did not happen either.

I am sure this is just a figment of my imagination as well

:D:D:D

LucidKill and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  13. Kauni

Kauni Archer 63 EU

This clip is from 2017. We have an option to prevent that for long time already. You would know if you would at least afk in the game.

Attached Files:

14. Dalenos

Thank you for proving my point. PA literally had to make this option to prevent this from happening that's how bad it got it. PA had to get involved to stop this griefing The players that did this are mostly like still in the game griefing other players in otherways. It doesn't matter that it happen in 2017 what matters is that it happen either way.

LucidKill and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  15. Factorial

What's astounding here is the fact that the option you choose is the one that the developers smack your face for choosing. Pearl abyss has made it clear to you that the consequences of engaging in OWPVP will be harsh and punishing. Here you are though, saying that it's important to the game and that removal of it would somehow cripple the game. This behavior is synonymous with fools soon parting with their money.

Incompetence is knowing that you have a better option while choosing the option that's much worse off for you. At least other people are able to say it's for fun, which is far more objective than drooling out, "it's an option." We all have the option to jump off a bridge but none of us are taking that option. It's a terrible option which goes without saying. Same goes for OWPVP.

Once again, the OWPVP that you think is so important is non-essential, useless, and ultimately meaningless to the game. When you think it's in any way needed, you exude those same qualities.

LucidKill likes this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

A lot of pve players do not grind. They quest and they life skill so it probably will not be a problem for most lol.

Kagedancer and LucidKill like this.
  17. davidiven

thanks for proving my 2nd statement, you can already do it easily, so why do we need a pve only server?

AZzalor and flukeSG2 like this.
  18. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No you cannot easily do so while being pk while doing life skills nor is it possible to easily get the quests done for the same reason. I therefore have not validated your comment in any way but nice try.

Kagedancer and LucidKill like this.
  19. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Long story short : "I decided that owpvp was bad and if you choose to use it, you're bad too."

Sad thing for you, you have to deny the concept of outlaw to make your reasoning work. We can do owpvp, we can PK, it comes with a punishment, we're ready to deal with it. And players regularly uses it, or else you wouldn't be complaining.

Sooooo.... Should we say that your opinion doesn't matter?

Smileybones, AZzalor and flukeSG2 like this.
  20. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

I bet this guy would go to Grand Theft Auto Online forums and argue people are bad because they steal cars and murder other players in that game, LOL! The dude can't separate fantasy from reality, being that everything is total fantasy to him.

Soon enough, he's gonna start accusing people of being bad for murdering NPCs in the game too, LOL!

AZzalor likes this.