1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

229 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Ben Phoenix

Always a good reason to show up in a 78 pages thread with a poll and a big discussion that divides the community in my opinion, even if just to clarify something that not everyone is aware of. Thx for showing up. You don't need to "best regard" to me btw, we have been interacting with each other since 2016... :D

2. Columba

So you choose to either flag up or change channels.

Solitaire and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  3. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Which is the same option the player not interested in pvp currently has. This dude really does not get it does he?

Solitaire, LucidKill and Columba like this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Fix my head and way of thinking? Is this like conversion therapy?

Yes i did.

#1544 Kynreaa, Feb 4, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2020
  5. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If you like the pvp, you will flag up yourself cause that way neither of you would lose karma.
    It is pretty obvious...if someone flags on you on spots, they want you gone there. If someone flags outside of spots, they're just p***ies.
    No, what makes me do it is using a game mechanic in the intended way to "remove" others from the ressources i want to "harvest".

6. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Then you have no right to complain about karma bombers as they also are using the game mechanics to stay where they want to be.

7. nolasigns

No. Not really. It does, however, touch base with a person's weaknesses and strengths on a mental level. Some people do simply choose to be sheep, they tend to be the frog in a pot of boiling water. They tend to adhere to idealistic ways of thinking that keep them in a state of perpetual grief and justify it under the guise of honor, pride, collective acceptance when in truth, it's just conformity.

Some, like to take their shoes off and walk in the grass.

Fearless V likes this.
  8. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Only difference is that this is abusing the game mechanic in a way it wasn't meant to be (read the devs word on pvp if you don't believe me).

IWalkAlone likes this.
  9. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...Ok.
    And some people like to take showers with their socks on...The open world PvPve being broken is something PA needs to address, and doing a mental exercise to ignore people griefing you seems like a conformist idea to me. I prefer they replace the void they created with another system when they ripped out penalties from death.

AZzalor likes this.
  10. nolasigns

Yes, it's a horrible idea to those that cannot understand the difference between subjective grief, and objective grief. People who don't know that, are also clueless about the possibility that they, and their subjective grief, has been the root of the problem, all along.

Fearless V likes this.
  11. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

All griefing is subjective.

12. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Like wanting a PvE channel for free in a PvPve game?

13. nolasigns

You'll have to do better than that.

14. nolasigns

That is a means to a cause. Imagine if people were never feeling grief over something so trivial, and using game mechanics to impose their subjective values on other players.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  15. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Name me any griefing in bdo that is not subjective.

16. nolasigns

Why would I do that? I'm not speaking from the perspectives of those that impose grief.

17. Drielith

Rather than spread the population over more servers I think having normal OwPvPvE grind spot zones and instanced versions of them would alleviate the issue a bit. You know, since griefing usually happens due to lack of good grinding spots.

Pay silver for a 1/2/3 hour ticket for a specific grind spot zone and you enter an instanced version of the zone, where upon entering the tickets timer begins counting down and you'll get booted from the zone once it expires (Can enter as solo or group, 2-5 players). After the ticket expires you get kicked out of the zone. Each instance has a player limit which it allows to enter and if a zone hasn't reached it limit it will allow anyone to join that zone as long as they have a ticket.
    If you go there without a ticket you'll just enter the normal OwPvPvE zone (the current ones we have).
    Pure pve players will have less chances of getting griefed, and in case griefing happens, they can just enter another instance as long as their ticket haven't expired.
    instanced ticket system should cost enough silver for the OwPvPvE to be more attractive to min-max'ers.

In return the karma system needs to be removed completely or penalty greatly reduced.

As for life skillers (Staying level 49 is always an option so the following suggestions aren't really that important) they could for sea content make NPC frigates that'll sail out at set hours to fishing hot spots for X amount of hours before returning home. Players pay silver to get on a frigate where they're protected from PvP. As for Farming, Pearl Abyss could allow farms to be placed in one of the safe zones, for example just outside Duvencrune.

18. Columba

No need for me to flag if they are already flagged, no need for me to get attacked by other unflaggec people by flagging. They are free to want me gone from a spot where I’ve been bothering no one. I want 20b silver too, lol. They can want me gone all they want, I see no reason why their urges should matter to me,

Solitaire and Phoenixxx75 like this.
  19. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

You dont know that.
    Just logging in could impose grief to some.

20. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Don't get me wrong here I believe karma bombers and pk'ers are both the same low life scum. Asking for a duel is one thing, lurking and attacking someone from behind is not pvp it is ganking and both ganking and karma bombing are a disgrace.

IWalkAlone likes this.