1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

229 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. No

148 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Don't care

43 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

It seems to be only about wanting you gone is another flaw then that needs to be addressed. There should be other reason to get you to flag up, and not just while in rotations.

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Again none is asking for more servers. They are asking for some of the existing servers to be Pve only. The players will not be spread thinner they will just be rearranged so that the normal severs have people that are interested in open world pvp which should make your pvp experience all the better.

Solitaire and Fearless V like this.
  3. nolasigns

That would be a subjective grief.

Objective grief would be chaining someone up in the desert, no water, baking in the sun. If they say "I'm feeling grief" they have reasonings backed by facts known to cause grief upon someone. It's hot, no water, chained up, try it. See how you feel.

Subjective grief would be someone jumping in the middle of the road and yelling Jesus doesn't exist. One with deep-seated religious feelings could claim they feel grief for what that person is doing. We have no proof of their feelings, nor the cause or root of those feelings.

Objective Grief in BDO would be killing people using game mechanics over and over. Objectively, we can observe that mechanics can be used to impose on other players by FORCE. for whatever reason.

Subjective grief in BDO would be a player claiming they feel grief from players being in a spot killing mobs they believe belongs to them. No one can observe the cause of grief, like chains and lack of water. Only people who share your fundamental values could perceive that person as bringing grief upon you.

And that's why there is no fix. That's why fundamentalist rejects it. In accepting it, they have to accept they're the root of what screwed it up.

4. Drielith

So reduce the amount of server(/channels) with owpvpve? So in other words, a suggestion to reduce and take away channels from those that enjoy the current system? Sounds a bit selfish if you ask me, given that the game were originally meant for owpvpve and Pearl Abyss have gone out of their way to make the game more friendly towards pve'ers already by heavily penalizing pvp griefers.

5. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Can you not do math. Same amount of players, same amount of servers means nothing is taken away. On the one hand you complain that making some new servers for pve only is bad, now you are saying converting some is bad. It cannot be both.

6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

There is a fix though..why does a PvP death have to impose grief? Perhaps it can set you back in one aspect, and progress you in another. Why are there no motivations to group? etc etc.

7. Drielith

I can do math just fine. You said, They are asking for some of the existing servers to be Pve only, right? How is that not reducing the amount of servers/channels to those that like owpvpve?

I'm not against new PvE servers as long as they're standalone, meaning no to transfer your character there or jumping back and for. I'm against the suggestions made in this thread mostly as they either don't address the issue (that is the current pvp/karma system) and/or spread player population, or in your case, reduce the amount of channels available for owpvpve.

IWalkAlone and Kynreaa like this.
  8. nolasigns

It's an imposition because one could be both subjectively griefed, and objectively griefed through force with mechanics as a tool. We got to that point because it's like two subjective values trying to argue out a logical outcome. Never works. It just becomes irrational, chaotic, and the results will inevitably take drastic measures to reset. That's where we are now. Both in conversations (not just you and I, but years of it) and in-game mechanics.

My concern in this are the potential drastic measures. The devs never said they will be working on a system that benefits the subjective values of rotation theories. What they have suggested was they will continue to focus on a way to address the current griefing and the system's weaknesses being abused. That could mean a million things at this point. They said, in response to shai getting any more powerful combat skills was: NO- but they plan to "create" content in the future where the Shai will have a chance to use her talents in a group setting. Bear in mind we're getting translated versions of what the dev's thoughts are. We think in terms of "creating" as NEW stuff! But creating can be a revision of old into new. They could strip the whole concept of FORCED pvp for us all, beef up the mobs alllll across the map, and give bonuses for grouping. I'd much prefer they leave things as they are, and just let a PvE server exist, LOCKED.

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

So you admit that it doesn't exist. nice.
    You can't really put pkers and karmabombers into the same category...Pkers are using a game mechanic as intended and paying the price for it (karma) while karmabombers are abusing a broken mechanic (just quoting pa).
    If you play a shooter and that guy uses bullets to shoot you, he's using a game mechanic as intended, so why shoudl he be the same as someone abusing a bug to not get hit?

Scalesdini likes this.
  10. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

Sorry but you stated that creating a new pve only server would spread the players more thinly. The obvious thing is that if they converted half of the servers to pve and left the other half for pvepvp that the players per server would be roughly the same. Yes you would have less of those severs to choose from but there would be roughly fifty percent less players wanting to use those servers. This would make little or no difference to your gaming experience because the density would be nearly the same.

11. nolasigns

What?

12. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

You can't name me any ways of objective griefing in bdo, so you admit there is none...griefing is purely subjective.

13. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

I think your numbers are off, if the channels were to be locked.

Drielith likes this.
  14. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Id come to the conclusion of someone that feels grief for losing to be a spoil sport honestly.

15. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I do not play shooters so it has no relevance to this conversation. I certainly can and do put both pk and karma bombing in the same category as they are both using intended game mechanics to get what they want. The pk'er kills the player in an attempt to make them leave and the karma bombers keeps returning in an attempt to make the pk'er leave. Polar opposites of the same game mechanic, both despicable.

16. nolasigns

Grief- the perspective of receiving grief
    The perspective of imposing.

Keep up, please. Thanks.

17. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

More information required! In what way are my numbers off?
    I would expect and hope they would be blocked per character not per account. Either way I would not care as I would never enter the normal servers again.

18. nolasigns

Quite possibly. That's irrelevant to me.

19. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Nope, that is wrong...again it was stated by the devs that karmabombing is abusing a broken system, pking is not. There is no discussion to have around this as this is a fact. But ofc you are free to dislike that.
    I would agree tho that feeding players to mobs is same as karmabombing: Taking adventage of a flawed gamedesign.

Still no objective griefing methods named.

Scalesdini likes this.
  20. nolasigns

Ok. Not sure why it's some personal need of yours to tell me this, as it was completely irrelevant in context. But ok?