1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is this the advent of the no pvp servers?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Allan1985, Dec 24, 2019.

?

Do you want PVE only channels?

1. Yes

154 vote(s)
    51.2%
  2. No

117 vote(s)
    38.9%
  3. Don't care

30 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Jupto

I see a lot of fake/wannabe pvp players trying to talk "big" and when it comes down to it, they are all running around on NORMAL servers and is hardly on the Arsha Server. I would call that whining tho.

2. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Arsha server is a pve server too, like all others. Only difference is that you can't get karmabombed.

flukeSG2 and IWalkAlone like this.
  3. IWalkAlone

You already have the answer, also if you want to farm at Arsha its a big no because non stop PvP.Also you need atleast 250/290 to win fights.
    So your comment is kinda irrelevant.But I gues you only want to trigger some people not to lead a normal conversation.

flukeSG2 and AZzalor like this.
  4. Rügenwalder Pommersche

idk i often find ppl with literally 100 dp or smth on arsha literally getting onetapped by quickshot or dbite
    which makes me wonder what they do there

AZzalor likes this.
  5. IWalkAlone

Probably depends on spot, I usualy go at Gahaz and 230\260 is the lowest so far I met, but there was one ninja that die from two skills...

6. Rügenwalder Pommersche

i mean idk if it was 100 or smth but there was one dude at manshaum who exploded from quickshot
    and at polly ppl quite often die from one skill just weird why they go on arsha with that low gear

i mean thats kinda offtopic and really pointless so btt

AZzalor and IWalkAlone like this.
  7. Jupto

Ahh, so a Normal conversation is only when someone can only kill players with low GS?
    Like i said, only Real PvP players play on Arsha server.

8. IWalkAlone

Reread again my post.

9. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

As if there are more than 20 people participating in this thread, lol!

10. Columba

So, they addressed the issue with karma losses. Why wasn’t that sufficient? Why do you insist that the normal servers get changed too! Many of us are happy with the system. Go to Arsha if you aren’t. Simple.

So you can’t handle losing in pvp to stronger players on Arsha but you want to kill weaker players on normal servers?

11. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

Because their kind only get joy out of making others miserable. It takes a special type of personality to be like that.

Schwertfee, Solitaire and Columba like this.
  12. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

[​IMG]

Schwertfee, Solitaire and Allan1985 like this.
  13. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Because nobody wanted that kind of "fix" and they admitted it was a lazy try to adress the actual problems but didn't work.
    What i want is a fun owpvp system that allows for a multitude of playstyled around that system. Neither arsha nor normal servers can give that to me.

14. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

I think you are truly looking to play a actual OW PvP MMO that has full PvP support and balance. I feel like BDO will never give you this simply because it goes against BDO's business model.

15. Vortexii

Yes, the very concept of "a dangerous game world" is a laughable joke. When a player returns 15 seconds later with virtually no loss, there is no danger, no holding a spot, you literally have nothing except a dysfunctional game.

In trying to correct that you only make things worse. Give players a long time out, make them run back, give them exp loss. All that does is make the game more toxic and grief oriented.

There is ONLY one true design where EVERYONE WINS. That is a PVE MMO where the difficulty and danger comes from challenges of the PVE environment. With the only exception being consensual PVP in various forms. FORCING PVP upon your customers will always be a failure.

These core concepts will remain until the end of time and be applied to any game ever created. They are so true and foundational that nearly every single game immediately reverts to these concepts INCLUDING BDO.

The New World just got a dose of this in their face. The developers looked at their Open World Creation and said, "holy sht we just created a toxic mess". Lets scrap this and make a PVE based game lol.

Pearl Abyss looked at Olivia and said "holy sht we just created a toxic mess" and did the EXACT SAME THING AS AMAZON.

Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.
  16. LucidKill

If you read this thread, you'll find out some of the vocal ones against pve servers admitting to have multiple accounts. Guaranteed they are doing what you claimed. Stacking the deck for there fellow forum pvp warriors.

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

I don't really care about balance. I just want the owpvp system to be fun and engaging and maybe even rewarding. A system where it makes sense to pk but it also comes with penalities.

Fateneko likes this.
  18. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

Funny that after i mentioned that i have multiple accounts, suddenly the pve side had like 15-20 more votes...seems to me more like some pve players got an idea by that and went to go vote with new accounts ;)

19. woots

BDO still havent reverted that tho, pve still is a crap sandbag beating and there is still forced pvp aviable.

yeah, i saw that for their amazon mmo, even if i'am surprised they even tried in the first place to set that up.. I mean... just 30sec is enough to get that :
    Power difference ( level +/or gear ) + pvp allowed during progression + penality of whatever sort = the sh#ttiest design you would ever want.

a full owpvp would only correctly work if the insentive to fight are totaly aside from the progression / after the full progression, in that case sure ( kinda like a WvWvW in GW2, even if that's a dedicated pvp mode )

20. Fearless V

Fearless V Ranger 61 NA

It's my firm belief that balance goes hand in hand with fun and engaging gameplay. How are you going to have fun when things are so unbalanced that you playstyle is gimped so bad in PvP while others are so overloaded?

Phoenixxx75 and Allan1985 like this.