1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is using macros considered illegal ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by RageMasterGaming, Sep 4, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RageMasterGaming

The title is a bit confusing so let me clarify. For example if you have a let's say Training elixir that has a 5 min up-time and let's say you go to sleep and create a macro that presses the key on that elixir every 5 minutes so the buff is applied while you are sleeping. Would that be considered illegal and would result you in a ban or is this something everyone is doing already?

PS: I think there is a post somewhere already on this but it's more on the bottling aspect. So i decided to make my own just to clarify.

2. Atron

Not illegal but its against TOS yes.

Can they catch you? Not in million years.

They can't even catch pixel bots for fishing that could be all banned by statistics.

Or they can't even block R3ps speed hack that was open source including bypass on GitHub with instructions how to compile since January 2018.
    Not to mention Speed hackers on Open seas - sea monster hunting.
    Speed hacker that do trading routes and so on.

So go ahead mate use it ... who cares.

Galatia and RageMasterGaming like this.
  3. Escapism

Which is the definition of "illegal"?

Is everyone doing it already? Id guess certainly a lot.
    Will it get you banned? probably not.
    Would I risk it? definitely not, since they care more about banning a few "botters" which this falls into, than hackers or exploiters, and the benefit you get from this is next to nothing.

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

they arent banning people using hacks and money piling exploits. id say you are safe (but coz of the wrong reasons - kakao being lazy). but it is against tos and what youve described is borderline botting via crude mechanics.

5. ambyentlight

Yes as mentioned in the TOS but at the end of the day many people nodoubt use them along with the various hack programs out there like speed hack and nocd hack and permaram hack on boats. None of them get banned due to the fact Kakao don't give a **** and will even make popular streamers like Bladeboques partners who was caught mutiple times cheating if i mite add.

So end of the day go for it but there is always the possiblity Kakao may oneday decide to care and do banwaves.

6. Spartakatz

You really like to encourage people to cheat, huh?

7. Nelyvia

Yes it is, even if you are a bit handicaped and cant use your hand completly ( i have the little finger half paralised due to nerve damage on my left hand ), i cant even create a macro to allow me to not use it

8. ambyentlight

May aswell cheat to keep up with the zillions of hacks as Kakao ain't doing a thing about them ya know.

9. Marioun

In France at least it is "illegal" To do something else that writen into a (legal) contract
    Sorry for my english :-)

So we wait a GM answer ?

10. Nyanpi

They can't catch you for macros. Absolutely impossible to detect.

11. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

If you wanted to draw even more attention, you could ask in a ticket.

The Skulltaker likes this.
  12. AtomicPotato

AtomicPotato DarkKnight 62 EU

If you use 3rd software or auto-clickers those can be detected by Xingcode and they can treat you like a cheater. If you use "smart mouse/keyboard" that work w/o 3rd software running in back ground - you can be detected only if GM catch you personally, chance for this to happens close to zero.

13. Escapism

They are MUCH easier to detect than actual custom-designed bots/hacks. And those are basically the first things any anti cheat software like Xigncode scan for.

Its really easy for a server to detect if your user inputs are sent in perfectly iterated endless intervals, or for macros that just simulate multiple keypresses at once to detect any variance in the delay/interval between those keypresses.

At the very least you would have to create a macro that activates some input with a varying random delay between each interval, but they still know exactly when/if you have any macro running using any major well known macro/gaming software.

14. Mgp

Mgp Lahn 61 NA

So your using hacks then??

15. nolasigns

Blackweb uses third party programming but isn't detected.

16. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Nope..You sound like you scared yourself into believing that BS.

17. Merroky

Merroky Skyy Lahn 62 EU

12.1.3. Use of unauthorized programs

The User shall not attempt to modify the gameplay of the Game by using:
    - Software or sets of instructions (including macros) allowing the automated operation of controls in the Game;
    - Software or code allowing the User to play the Game in ways which would not have been otherwise possible.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/legal/terms-of-use

so dont do it!

18. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Lemme fix that for you

"The User shall not get caught attempting to modify the gameplay of the Game by using:
    - Software or sets of instructions (including macros) allowing the automated operation of controls in the Game;
    - Software or code allowing the User to play the Game in ways which would not have been otherwise possible.

Of course I jest.

19. ambyentlight

People linking that part of the TOS here when Kakao themselves can't even uphold other sections of their TOS such as the one about exploiters and again they partnership program entry conditions state clean history yet check Bladeboques yourself for his unclean history.

At most Kakao may adjust detection of macros by changeing from shitty XIGNCODE to Battleye but all in all provideing past offenders discontinue use after by law such a change needs to appear in patchnotes then they cannot be banned. Kakao ain't smart enougth to make a steath fix as they cant even ban known bots. Forget hackers but they can't even grab a bot study its algarithen and then patch it like all other companys do from time to time. As for hackers there will indeed always be them sadly.

20. Catastigma

Alot of people in the past get a ban for a simple worker beer refill auto-click each 6 hours.

Nope its not allowed.