1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Issue with crashing every few minutes

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by erat, Aug 5, 2020.

1. erat

Hello. I'm crashing to desktop every few minutes, rendering the game completely unplayable. I've played on the same PC before (about 10 months of a break) with no problems. Monitoring my CPU/GPU, nothing's overheating. Memory usage is around 60-70%. It's not based on dense areas - it's absolutely everywhere. I even crashed during character creation a few times. I've reinstalled the game, deleted the cache, did a clean boot, even tried switching from website to Steam seeing if it would work using an old account i claimed it on when it was free. Nothing. Settings don't change anything, tried fullscreen/windowed/borderless full. No change noticed. I'm getting no error, just a 1-second freeze into a crash. No correlation with heat/usage spikes. I've ran out of ideas as to what could cause it, seems completely random.

My specs are as follows:

Operating System: Windows 10

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7GHz (not overclocked)

Memory: 8GB RAM

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Logs from the last crash are as follows:

Launcher: https://pastebin.com/1uKdk92Q

Startup: https://pastebin.com/UBM3vb0C

Client: https://pastebin.com/g13h7r0h

If anyone has any idea what else I could try or has a fix, I would really, really appreciate it. Thank you.

2. Mimimimi

the log isn't very conclusive. since graphics context is lost a few times i'd look at your gpu first. since you have an intel cpu, you can try to run the game with its igpu. have you tried other games or benchmarks recently?

maybe you can check if a heaven benchmark run works as expected https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

my guess is that one of the components in your pc is unstable under load.

erat likes this.
  3. erat

Benchmark seems fine, giving me a "strong" result on everything. Didn't seem like there was a problem with my gpu there - stable fps, not overheating. I don't think my cpu has an igpu, as its not being read by anything on my PC like nvidia control panel.

4. Mimimimi

your cpu contains a Intel® HD-Grafik 530 graphics chip.

i would also send a support ticket, maybe staff is able to give more conclusive tipps based on the gibberish in the log files.

5. erat

Ah, you're right, I had no drivers installed to it wasn't being read. Still - i tried, forced the game to launch on integrated - same thing. So I guess GPU issue can be somewhat ruled out.
    I wrote to support, so far the only response I've gotten is to reinstall drivers, which I did, but I figured it'd be better to ask both the staff and see if anyone has any ideas on the forums.
    Is there anything else I could try?

6. Mimimimi

yep, sounds like that's not the issue then. did the game behave the same? i'm not sure if it would launch at all on the igpu, but hopefully that rules out your gpu.

i would take a look at ram next. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/techpowerup-memtest64/
    if you have multiple ram modules you can just remove one to test them separately.

7. GM Unruly

Game Master

Hi @erat

Keep in mind that the integrated GPU doesn't meet the minimum requirements so it will indeed crash if you try to force the launch with it. There can be indeed a wide variety of issues casuing your crashes. If you have already contacted us via ticket, we'll be of better assistance there. And thanks @Mimimimi for all the good advice ^^

8. Mimimimi

it *might* crash. you can find a couple videos on youtube where people run the game on this igpu.

9. erat

The game behaved as it would on a weak gpu - 20-30 fps when I ran it on very low/windowed in low resolution, but seemed stable up until the crash. Didn't freeze or stutter, really. No errors for RAM, ran nearly a hundred loops.

10. AngeliCaos

AngeliCaos Angelicaos Ranger 59 NA

I can confirm that the crashing is happening for me too tho i have a weaker PC then the above mentioned. But on this PC i was playing perfectly for... months without issues.