1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with Node Tax Collection

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Horizon, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Reywhisper

I think they should just delete the silver and ban everybody who sold/selling/will sell anything in MP ever instead. That sounds about right to be PA logic.

2. 3vil

Be proud NA player.. we did it.. we finally beat KR players.... We have the highest paid out in history

3. prawdziwy bohater v2

NA ****ED CONFIRMED , equalized gs , everyone full pen. hf boys

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. Graugus

Again, I be surprised if they get this detailed in their investigation since they don't have a lot of tools in their arsenal to catch active, non-AFK bot exploiters without the help of the honest BDO community.

Either way, people raging and calling for bans, how does that fix the problem of something like this not happening?
    How does it even become beneficial to ban all the guilds and players that have contributed to all the tet and pen items disappearing off the marketplace?

#44 Graugus, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  5. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

It won't change the idea of mistakes being made by devs and others, but it will at least act as a warning for cheating players.

Look, slight punishments were given for the last exploits, and now players are trying their luck when the occasion appears.
    Being too kind is detrimental for the game, we can already see it. So acting strong against players is beneficial.

Mana_Mafia, Pyper and Graugus like this.
  6. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

I get that you are angry and disappointed that pearl abyss have stuffed up yet again, however the gm that distributed the money and any person that used those payouts deserve being banned. They all knew that the huge amount was a mistake and as such they should have just left the money untouched and reported with a ticket that a mistake had been made. If a large amount of money gets put into your bank account by mistake and you spend any of it you will be charged with theft and you cannot use the excuse that you thought it was your money.

Graugus likes this.
  7. Graugus

Yeah, I'm going to stay away from this post and let them use their judgement in figuring out how they want/should approach it. Hopefully in the future and I said this the last time they goofed up they can catch things like this before releasing it to the BDO public.

Clowy and MoonDance17 like this.
  8. LilithDragonFlower

If the game company did it, then it was intended (EVEN IF IT WAS A UNINTENTIONAL BUG OR EXPLOIT).

^ They should have done their job and tested the game properly, You shouldn't blame others for playing the game.

Obviously they should roll-back silver if need to be, but beyond that it's no ones fault, even the whole Mappers thing was unfair, I consider it an exploit, but it wasn't against the Terms OF Use at least not directly because no one did anything other than sign up many accounts and play the game lol.

Gotta love game developers these days with their oversights.

9. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

Yes you can blame people that take advantage of something they know is a mistake.

Mana_Mafia and Pyper like this.
  10. Daylend

You're making an assumption you know nothing about. Kakao doesn't explain how they do their investigations because the information they disclose can and will be used against them by future exploiters/cheaters/RMTers.

You're also assuming there is a solution to solve all future exploits. Reality is, there will always be exploits, no matter what game you play, by any developer/publisher. Of course, PA should strive to do more QA before releasing patches. Perhaps this will teach them a lesson. But the reality is, exploits are inevitable so it's important to also deter players from taking advantage of them when they happen. That's why bans are important. A lot of people aren't willing to risk their accounts for short term gains, and those that are get punished (hopefully). Deterring players through punishments is also important because it means less damage control, and less time spent on investigations to assess the damage done.

Instead of focusing on the problem itself, you should be focusing on how PA/Kakao responds. Do they punish players accordingly? Do they reverse the damage that was done appropriately? Do they inform the players adequately about the situation? What steps are they taking to prevent this kind of issue from occurring again, or limiting the amount of damage done? These are the most important factors in incident response.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  11. Factorial

I am patiently waiting for the incompetent way they handle this, as was incompetently handled before.

Clowy, Stealthe and Sadalsuud like this.
  12. Askore

Askore Sorceress EU

the bug happened on EU as well, wtf are you doing?

13. Graugus

With all due respec, I'm not assuming. People that did the digging got to keep every single hard and sharp they dug up during the desert digging exploit if they did not put it on the marketplace. With the Heidel amity weapon they kept all of the silver gains they got from this even after they caught on to it.
    A lot of the mappers while they did get the amount drafted from their silver they still made out by getting AP gain from enhancing in which let them make that silver back in no time.

I won't go into details on other things I have witnessed going on in BDO with multiple account creations and the marketplace right now, but I know for a fact that they are not catching everything, until the general public catches on and shares this information.

As far as solution goes, there is one.
    They can test their **** out and have it tested by players extensively on internal servers and global before just putting it out there. Before change is implemented in the real world at any instituiton there are groups of people that ask a number of questions. They socialize, drink coffees with each other and look at all the negatives and positive outcomes that could be created due to this change to limit the number of negatives.

In BDO after being here and watching some of the clown stuff that goes on in this game it is very apparent they are not doing that. While KR players will be dishonored and their families after them dishonored, if they do something like this, the rest of the playerbase of BDO don't give a ****.

People are willing to take the risk of getting banned or a slap on the risk provided they got extra accounts lying around because the risk of doing this outweighs the alternative (hours of enhancing, riding crates back and forth to Valencia, hours on hours of grinding).

I mean there won't be a 100% solution but at least we will not see a constant trend of the same thing back to back even after their promises of it not happening is given.

#53 Graugus, Oct 22, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    Mana_Mafia and Factorial like this.
  14. DarkGG

DarkGG Darkiee DarkKnight 62 NA

Yeah tbh all accounts that collected the silver need to have it removed + atleast a 7 day ban. I think a perma ban is a bit harsh, but all the silver even if it negative their accounts and a week ban is reasonable. When people are collecting 22-28bil from a payout action needs to be swift and harsh enough to get the point. I am in a discord with people that collected the silver and bought 2 pens. I won't post any ss simply cause it's alot to blur out for names but yeah that's nuts.

Mana_Mafia, MoonDance17 and JM like this.
  15. Mattys

What happens now?

People got themself a 30b payouts, bought full tet accessories or pen weapons and are grinding stars end like a madmans now. Getting easy 200m/hour instead of 150m/hour what it was before exploit, because of new ap brackets.

Then you are gonna just "minus" the money out of their warehouse? Great job, they already got the benefit from the exploit.

They should delete items they bought and minus their coins.
    Or they should just simply 3x the price they got from the exploit and minus it to their warehouse if they are willing to keep the items.

I'm not okay with that, people exploited and bought the items already. Until they own the items they bought, they are already benefitting from the exploit.

16. ANNOYEDCHERRY

Ya I wonder if they will release a statement on what was done, what is being done and a promise that this won't happen again.

17. Deyric

Too late. They already bought out the top items with their exploit silver.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  18. Deyric

No ones fault? Those GMs knew exactly what was happening and thought free for all time for all their members.

BAN THEM.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  19. TheFinalEpic

I have been playing since Beta.

The amount of astromnical damage this does to the economy is beyond comprehension.

People got paid out to 270-300 Billion silver. If you no life this game, with good gear you can make 2-3 billion per week. Meanwhile 100s of people are out there now with 270-300 billion silver.

If this does not get reverted back, I will actually quit this game. The ammount of incompetence is insane.

Mana_Mafia and MoonDance17 like this.
  20. yawnmasta

You'll rue the day when I unleash the thousands of hooms and macalods on the market.

Ahahahahahhahahaajaajhahaahaahajkajajajaajjajaahahaha

Scola likes this.