1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue with Node Tax Collection

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Horizon, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Haxxing

Imagine if the servers were down for 36+ hours and there was no response or update why and when the servers are going to be up. Thats what people like me are facing right now. Everyone who voices an opinion as to why that is unacceptable gets muted, banned, kicked, suspended from social platforms for "trolling"

Tf is this unreasonable and unjust bs? I won't stand for it.

2. BigBadNips

The servers went down and were brought back up. Those involved with the payouts were notified that they're suspended pending investigation. You cannot accept this. All you have to do is wait for them to finish their investigation. You're the only person acting like a child about the situation. Everyone else is taking their suspension and dealing with it like mature adults.

Deyric and MoonDance17 like this.
  3. Haxxing

You've called me a child 15+ times for being irate over injustice and poor customer relations. As I said prior I've seen lots of people like you who throw one lined accusations repeatedly despite them being untrue. It still doesn't change facts and the facts are this. My account has been locked for 36hours and there is no update regarding the locking my account. Everywhere I go to talk about it I receive mutes and kicks from their social platforms. I send in tickets and they aren't responded to.

As I said in my prior post. If the servers randomly went down for 36+ hours and there was no notice/update after 36+ hours everyone would be on here complaining, except you ofc.

4. LithicForm

Wasn't a bug. People intentionally messed with the packets.

"This issue is the result of packet manipulation that was detected on the game server and the users behind this situation have been permanently banned in response to this event. In addition, users that received abnormal amounts of Guild Incentive funds are under investigation and any unintended gains will be taken away."

Deyric and MoonDance17 like this.
  5. Nellz

Oh my lord, 36 WHOLE HOURS? WHAT WILL YOU DO? You're so clearly an little entitled millennial, you just can't fathom that the world doesn't revolve around you. Kakao/PA owe you nothing. They can take the entire server down for weeks if they want to. They can suspend your account for weeks without telling you **** if they want to, because they own it. The only reason they do things like this is for QA for the rest of the honest community. Don't do shady **** and your account doesn't get compromised.

GMs knew the rewards were a bug. Guild members knew huge payouts were a bug. Any attempts to take that and run is a direct exploit of a known bug, which has resulted in bans not only in BDO but in other games like Classic WoW. GTFO with your whining.

crawlord, Deyric, MoonDance17 and 2 others like this.
  6. Sebastian1984

So did joy failed again ?

7. Haxxing

An exploit by definition is direct use of a game bug to acquire an advantage over other players. Doing nodewars, collecting node tax, doing guild payouts, and collecting guild payout silver is not a game bug. It is intended gameplay. Ontop of that, normal members in BDO receive payouts without consent. Oh no 36 hours? Nice response bud but I expect regular updates regarding maintenances and such. I come from a world where competency is expected and companies should have no qualms keeping their customers updated.

8. BigBadNips

They told you what happened they're doing an investigation once the investigation is finished you should be unlocked. They're not going to respond to someone spamming demanding answers. Let them do their investigation. Any reasonable person would know that this stuff takes time.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  9. BigBadNips

You clearly don't come from a world of reason or a world where throwing a hissy fit gets you nowhere. Act like an adult and accept that they need to investigate the issue. Investigations are never quick.

Deyric and Mana_Mafia like this.
  10. Haxxing

It definitely does take time and your post is actually chill.

11. Haxxing

I've protested a lot of injustices and let me tell you being loud nets more results than doing nothing.

12. BigBadNips

People are getting unlocked as time goes on. They're investigating every account involved to check market logs and what not. Give it time and relax.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  13. Unranked

Unranked Unranked Striker 64 EU

even if it works, is it the right thing to do? what if other innocent but less noisy and childish people will be treated later because of it? pls take a chill pill and wait it out man.

14. Nellz

Repeat what you just said back to yourself. Direct use of a game bug.

Are you really trying to claim that a 43 quadrillion node tax is not a bug? Saying so is implying that it is an intended amount of tax to be collected, meaning Kakao/PA were intentionally trying to sabotage their game. You're delusional. The tax was a bug, and GMs/members making/collecting payouts was knowingly using it to acquire a monumental advantage over other players.

I, nor Kakao/PA care what you expect as far as updates. When things like this happen, you don't get regular updates while they investigate. Have you ever been audited by the IRS? Do you think they succumb to whiny little babies who complain that their assets/bank accounts are frozen while they're investigating and not telling them ****? Because let me tell you, that happens all the time. You live in an adolescent sheltered millennial dream world where you think everything revolves around you. If this is your first taste to this kind of treatment, you're in for a rude awakening bud.

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. ExtraSweetie

16. Khay_man

Imagine getting a 27 billion payout unexpectedly and thinking hey that's normal lets spend it.

In my opinion anyone who actually tried to spend this money should be ban for at least a month, if not permanently. The only acceptable excuse you could possibly have was that you are a totally new player who has never received a payout before.

I mean the payout system is designed to heavily tax anything above a 500mil payout, so most guilds avoid going much above that in terms of payouts, so to get a 27 billion payout should raise all sorts of red flags to anyone receiving such a payout.

So ya I say ban them all, they knew what they were doing, I will shed no tears for these people, and the game will be better without them.

17. Haxxing

Wow Sweetie. Ticket not responded to for almost a week regarding a ticket you made almost 2 weeks ago. Learn to be patient and understanding of kakao's 1 person support team. Why don't you go play a different game for a few months til your ticket gets answered. Thats what mature adult gamers do.

upload_2020-10-23_13-14-43.png upload_2020-10-23_13-14-43.png

18. ExtraSweetie

Thanks Khay for sharing your knowledge, however I started playing 30 days ago. I'm just a noob :/ , how should I know that this is not normal? Why get banned because of a system bug which is none of my fault?

19. Nellz

You must be new to MMOs. BDO isn't the only MMO that does this. If there's a bug found in the game, and players knowingly exploit it for gains, permabans are common. Happened in Classic WoW not too long ago with the dungeon reset thing.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if the bug is in the game because of poor coding on the game devs part, an 'accident' of something slipping through in a patch, or if it was player driven. What matters is what you as a player decide to do once realizing the bug. Abuse it, most likely get banned. It's not a new pattern.

20. Sadalsuud

Sadalsuud Tamer 62 EU

Funny, I answer to many people in my job and for sure, loud people only get problems because of their attitude and solve nothing.
    Meanwhile, those who submit a real problem, stay polite and patient get their answer without the need to be loud.

Let them do their job.