1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Deutsche Telekom

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by GM Horizon, Dec 3, 2018.

1. GM Horizon

Project Manager

Greetings adventurers,

One of our highest priorities is to provide a smooth gameplay experience for all players; so when an issue impacts your enjoyment of the game, we look to find a solution as quickly as possible.

It has come to our attention that a considerable amount of players on the Deutsche Telekom network have been experiencing network related issues including packet loss and high latency.

This is a situation that we are actively investigating at the present time - if you are affected, we recommend contacting Deutsche Telekom’s Customer Support service for additional help.

In addition, we are working with Deutsche Telekom to identify and correct the issue.

We apologize for any inconvenience or disruption this matter has caused.

- BDO Team

Diazine, Spartakatz and Spectrari like this.
  2. Spartakatz

Was fine during weekend, today problems are back, 25% packets lost.

[​IMG]

3. Darkfatal

Yeah, exactly the same as @Spartakatz, with the small difference that i have it everyday!
    Tomorrow another guy from Telekom is coming over to check if something can be done.
    I hope you guys will find a solution :(

4. Spectrari

5. Diazine

Diazine Kunoichi 62 EU

You can get around and fix it with a VPN for now. I recently switched to Telekom because I was told of their good service. Hope that wasn't a mistake.

First an entire year of 300+ ms latency during peak hours with Vodafone, now same issue with Telekom. It never ends.

D:<

6. Spectrari

Today is the first day i don't have insane laggs, but ping is still quite high on those Muenster/Amsterdam nodes (40-60 ms instead of 20-25ms)

7. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 60 EU

Today im getting constantly connection loss issues =(

8. Havenn

What about all the ATT players having issues??? @GMHorizon

9. Kazenana

Please fix that awful issue. The game is unplayable. Missing world bosses, items on market place etc. and it's ONLY BDO. Wasting my value packet for nothing.

All other games are fine. It always starts around 18:30 gmt+1

Kenyi likes this.
  10. Kenyi

Laggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg when I change character or enter the game, repair your game

11. Dajasha

got the same issues now as a Vodafone customer i try log in it has a horrible loading time like 20-30sec dealy i am not able to change characters in pvp my skills have 3 secs delay

12. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Send us in a ticket with a WinMTR log attached, as this thread is for users of Deutsche Telekom with connectivity issues in particular.

13. Patrik2991

SOLVE THIS ISSUE!!

14. Patrik2991

15. TarjaMagus

Same problems here with internet provider 1&1, they are reselling VDSL-lines of Deutsche Telekom in my town.

I had to subscripe to a VPN-service-provider Tunnelbear in order to play the game without interruptions.
    Tunnelbear is charging $10 per month over credit card.

I already opened a ticket and I also wrote a synopsys to the GMs, to the server-technicians and to the developers of BDO:

***SYNOPSYS START***
    Current netcode of BDO's game-service is generating huge bandwidth-peaks on the client side.
    Transfers from the clients side are up to 10 Mbits/seconds (TX-traffic).
    That outlevels normal DSL-connections, because upload speed is often limited to 6-10 Mbits/seconds (only download-speeds can be higher).

It also stresses the first hops of internet providers, because these first hops often serve thousands of other customers in the same village.
    Also, these first hops often have bandwith-caps active, that share the available bandwith of the attached fibre-line between all other customers.

BDO's bandwith-cap behavior can easily be tested by using the VPN-service-provider Mudfish ... and changing the Black Desert Object to "Subscription". It comes with a realtime bandwith monitor and bandwith-caps for subscribers are 4 Mbits/seconds burst and 1 MBits/seconds normal, which should be enough for modern online games.

Then you can see, that BDO's game-service is currently trying to transfer too large data-packets in a short period of time and the update times are too infrequent. Following please find a screenshot as a proof, that data-packages are transfered too seldom and data-packets are way too large in size, causing bandwith and ping problems on the customers side:

peak-bandwith2.jpg

(The above screenshot of the Mudfish-VPN realtime traffic monitor was made when AFK-riding into Velia, which is a player hotspot. Over 10 Mbits/seconds should be transfered to the BDO game-service in a short period of time)

If those oversized data-packets cannot be transfered in a short period of time, a "reset routine" is triggered ingame and the player is getting issues during normal gameplay.

- it demounts from boats, player is resetted back and boat stays in front of the player (seamonster aggro is not resetted and either player or boat will be attacked during swimming)
    - it also demounts from wagons, player is resetted back and wagon also stays in front (problems with mob aggro should be the same)
    - it does not demount from horses but it kills autopathing (and kills AFK-horse leveling)
    - it resets gathering loot (player is resetted back and gather loot box is closed without looting)
    - it resets back during grinding (player gets damage out of nowhere first and then is ported back into a horde of mobs, quite dangerous!)

Also pings will rise up to critical levels (up to 900 ms or more), which also triggers the "reset routine" mentioned above even more often.

And problems can even get more worse, because a variety of other problems can occur:

- launcher crashes (BDO simply refuses to start)
    - timeout problems ("reconnecting" message appears with a counter)
    - BDO simply crashes to desktop during channel switches
    - BDO simply crashes to desktop during character switches
    - ingame lag issues (nothing can be done right for period of up to 2 minutes after logging in)

Only with certain VPN-service-providers like Tunnelbear, BDO can successfully transfer its oversized data-packages to Leaseweb game-service, located in Amsterdam/the Netherlands, in a fast time and ignore all the bandwith-caps, that were setup by internet providers, in order to protect the local internet environment infrastructure.

And this is only a temporal workaround for us as players and not a real alternative, because normal online games should transfer smaller netcode data packets more frequently.

Apart from that, not every player can use such VPN-service-providers, because Tunnelbear language is English only and a valid credit card is needed for the monthly costs of $10 each month.

So my synopsys is, that BDO's netcode data-packages must become much smaller and BDO's game-service must transfer its data packages more often than currently measured.

***SYNOPSYS END***

Took me a full weekend to find the root cause and to ensure, that I can continue to play BDO without interruptions.

But I sincerely hope that this issue is solved soon and I don't need Tunnelbear anymore to play BDO..

Metagen and Patrik2991 like this.