1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with Open World PVP and suggestions to fix (karmabombing again)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tansie, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Honestly, I'm getting really fed up of the karma bombing and constant arguing about whether it's right or wrong. It is not an intended design, it is a community created problem and I really wish PA would put a stop to it once and for all.

It's so frustrating to constantly be harrassed by griefers and there is nothing you can do about it. They may as well remove open world PVP from the game right now because it is completely pointless since the person who flags up does not get any sort of reward and only punishment. Please PA... There needs to be RISK VS REWARD. The amount of times lately I've been tempted to quit this game, simply because I'm fed up of not being able to get through 1 hour of grinding (at party spots) without someone coming and ruining the rotation for 4 of us because he refuses to join us when invited and would rather troll.

------------------------------------

Issue:
    "Karmabombing" is something that a large part of the community will do these days to take over spots. It's caused by a lack of punishment when dying in open world pvp, so everyone will flag up without giving it a second thought. Also, negative karma punishments may be too strict so people are too scared to go red by forcing someone out of their spot.

Current 'solutions':
    • Don't flag (you guys may as well remove open world PVP completely at this point)
    • Change channel or spot
    • Let them die to mobs
    • Use Valencia 6 only even if you are low geared and can't kill anyone there

Potential fixes:
    • Rework the flagging/karma system completely (honestly I think this is the best suggestion since it has ALWAYS been a flawed designed).
    • Increase the amount of max karma you can have. I really think that this should be done regardless because of 5v5 fights - suggestion: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/karma-pool-needs-to-be-larger.144052/
    • Reduce the punishments for dying with negative karma.
    • Dying in open world PVP will automatically spawn you at the closest town instead of node.
    • Let us kill the same person multiple times for no karma loss in a given time frame.
    • Bring back some sort of punishment for dying in PVP.
    • Remove "not ready for war" on guilds or limit the amount of buffs and progression the guild can make. It's ridiculous that they can be exempt from wars and still have a 250+ skill point guild with all buffs and members at 480+ gearscore.
    • Remove the negative karma punishments (dying to PVP and PVE).. The punishments are extremely severe for this state of the game since PRI, DUO, TRI etc. was introduced. Instead extend the desert jail system to everywhere on the map.
    ------------------------------------

Issue:
    Players griefing others by killing someone multiple times or knocking them low HP to die to mobs.

Current 'solutions':
    • Change channel or spot
    • Bring people to help you fight them

Potential Fixes:
    • Make karma family shared
    • Raise the unlock PVP to level 56 to give new players more protection from "high geared players"
    • Make it so you can't die to PVE if you are flagged up (must hit someone).
    -----------------------------------------

Issue:
    Lack of grind spots that are large enough for viable party grinding and lack of party content. Causes players to grind solo and causes more conflict.

------------------------------------------

Somewhat related: Please give us an option to degrade gear enhances at the blacksmith for a fee (instead of using negative karma alts) or just make it not possible anymore.

#1 Tansie, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    HAXWTF and Phalan like this.
  2. Baroncell

yet u do the same
    bye

3. TFU3

TFU3 TFU3 Kunoichi 61 EU

Well, problem is that you might sound fair and all but there are people who simply kill afk runners, traders etc for either the fun of it or because they can. Removing/increasing/decreasing the karma loss is plain stupid. Way more people have complained that they where specifically targeted by bigger players just to tilt them. Secondly the rule of the jungle applies in real life in jungle and in some work domains but not really in open world games in which there are rules and fictional rules, like king of the jungle.

Your answers for the griefers is more of a joke, it implies that they have to change the game engine just to please some of the players.

As many have said, karma bombing is self inflicted. I don't grind in "lack of grind spots" like Pirates or Sausans or now Nagas or Fogans. I actually avoid them and go to spots where I can have fun with less interference from people that really don't care if I have time to play the game or not.

RoxiAmbrosia, Rasta667 and Joungf like this.
  4. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

There are safe zones you can use when afk fishing and stuff.. And other things that could be put in place to stop people from griefing like making karma family shared.. The amount of people that kill afk runners and traders for the fun of it is quite minor and people don't want to go into negative karma because the penalties for dying are so strict. Plus right now I can just flag up and use a matchlock to knock you off your horse anyway without losing karma.. It's completely flawed for everyone but no one seems to see that......

And yeah I grind in places that are much more obsure too. But like I said at this point they may as well remove open world pvp altogether since it is uneffective and just causes more issues than it solves. The karma and flag system is completely flawed and perhaps my ideas are not perfect but it is an open world pvp game so of course stronger people are going to kill the weaker for a spot.

#4 Tansie, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  5. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Yeah I will admit that I do if I really really want to grind because it's the only way to get a spot. I do grind in places with parties now though to try and avoid it as best as I can. Flawed system and the community takes advantage of it.. I'm just fed up of that being the case and I want them to change it so that NO ONE can grief to get what they want.

6. Redarion

Stop your bitching and go to the PVP channel.

7. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Ok so that 1 channel is for everyone with 500gs... Every other one is for people who are too weak to win in a 1v1. What about the people in between? This is why I'm just gonna outfarm.. Wait for them to flag up and karma bomb from now on EVEN THOUGH I CAN KILL THEM XD If they don't flag up I'll swap and do it on another channel... And when they go red that will be fun too.. The game allows it so if I can't beat them better join them x) See how dumb it is yet?

8. Shanothy

Make half the current channels PvP channels.

Sevyrn and Julohr like this.
  9. Julohr

Amen. Players who complain are too afraid to go there. Its a nice place trust me.

All those crycry thread encourage me to keep going be a bitchy once come to contest. Go afk fish or afk horse youll get money and deal with mp boters better and no karma lose....

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  10. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

zzzzzz think it's time to just ignore this thread and hope Kakao listens for a change. I forgot that only casuals sit on forum at this time while the rest are actually playing the game.. Isn't it funny though how every other suggestion posted on here gets ignored until it's about something like karmabombing and all the kids have to rush and make sure it's not removed.

Toxic community making this game unjoyable once again GG time to move to another MMO I guess xD

The_Beardedguy likes this.
  11. Nyhver

And If it is, it's still a half baked design.

It's also only one channel, depending on how many people want to be there and how populated the game is there simply is too many people for a spot so it's inefficient to play on there. People present Val 6 as a knock down argument against positions contrary to Karma bombing but it's not a knock down argument at all.

Probably the best argument against karma bombing is you being strong enough to kill them meaning don't flag and farm over them anyways. Which still doesn't get to the core issue being this is a world PvP game and it should incentivize PvP, not incentivize people being salty bastards and trying to out-farm each other, (laughable competition) and trying to heckle the other person with negative karma if too weak. Which also doesn't correlate 1:1 with clearing speed, a lesser geared, (or equal) witch/wizard is going to clear faster than you even if you can kill them 1v1 depending on class.

Kudos for raising issues with karma and the PvP system

Rayin and Tansie like this.
  12. Julohr

Maybe this is the issues.
    I got 3 classes to grind:
    - Berseker to feed them to mobs
    - Striker cause surprisely I got less players messing around me with this class
    - Wizard cause kinda grab+froze+feed

13. TFU3

TFU3 TFU3 Kunoichi 61 EU

A good response would be make all velia/balenos/valencia/serendia/olvia/mediah/kama3/ 6 a pvp channel.

MadJiitensha, Tenoch and Julohr like this.
  14. Tansie

Tansie Ranger 62 EU

Just putting this idea out there as well with a bit of detail:

• Remove the PVE and PVP
    The problem is that people who want to grind do not go there because they don't want to deal with PVP. They want to pop their 200% and other buffs and grind in peace.. Only people who are looking for PVP go to valencia 6 and they usually go to spots like sausans where they are much stronger than the average person who grinds there (since they are looking for pvp). I personally don't agree with PVP channels.. If there was more incentive to go there like actual rewards for PKing someone, then that would be cool and give more people a reason to use them.

15. Redarion

Now you are using your brain, follow through. You are almost there. Indeed, can't beat them, join them.

Oh, you are afraid of people with a higher GS than you? Cry me a river.

RoxiAmbrosia likes this.
  16. Julohr

Again this is just excuses
    200% is 1H and you have 24 H a day
    Don't tell me most player just play 1 hour a day cause this is not a mmorpg they should play on.
    better afk fishing 24/7 cause you still get money and exp

You disagree with PVP channels and you don't go there . Why would you care then ?

17. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

They should just add more PvP channels. Ez.

18. Catastigma

if you cannot realy effort the real social open world pvp game. yeah.. you would leave the mmorpg genre completly.
    Karmabombing is not a issue. you are not forced do grind on contested area...
    you are not forced to grind for become rich too.. lul.

RoxiAmbrosia and Julohr like this.
  19. Wyvinters

Wyvinters Berserker NA

I don't know where it is but a GM (for what word it's worth, you can't trust what they say these days)
    said the game is working as intended. The places are like that so that more people contest and its design serves its purpose.
    That's the whole point of an open pking system as poorly implemented as this (Which is PA's idea)
    joke. The game isn't a pvp game and killing people over farming spots to get money to spend on gear TO pvp doesn't constitute as a "PvP" game.

20. Julohr

I'm only thinking about Albion Online where you are losing items upon death. This is a pure pvp game.
    Only balls go there -- even in Black Desert Online you do not lose items but decrease enhancement and lost gems ... and you guys complain about karmabombing who is not a real issue but more a player behavior who is not civilized at all to share a open-pvp game or to deal/challenge/duel players without to have headhache.

Come on.