1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issues with the Zerker class in the current state of the game and what i would like to see

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by Reave711, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Reave711

Issues

1)https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/berserker-optimization-feedback.187120/
    this optimization change is ******** and needs to be reverted, it has crippled the class

2) The ability to trade damage with super armor has never been more important than it is with this latest cc patch...zerkers don't really have the ability to trade damage with SA. Devastation's damage is mediocre compared to other classes and if you do manage to get the full thing off you waste both of your cc counters and theyre immune for 5 seconds

3) Grabs...PA designed a class around multiple grabs, now we cant do multiple grabs and have skills that are useless. Buffing the grab skill damage isn't a fix to the fact that they completely the core of the character with this change...the current state of zerker doesn't make sense and the class has no real identity

4) Skills have multiple cc effects on them meaning its possible to blow through your entire cc allowance with 1 skill such as devastation mentioned above. Others include ground lifting, general disarray, giant leap, and slug fest

5) Due to zerkers lack of protected damage it relied on locking someone down with cc's to kill them, this does not include grab chaining. Common combos such as rabam dash (stiff)->slug fest (stun/stiff)->disarray (stiff/float?->blasting (knockback)->grab->cancel fd->stomp are impossible to do in the current state of the game

6) Bugs going unfixed for years...GIANT LEAP IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN IFRAME WHILE MOVING...shakeoff iframe is buggy and unreliable

7) Only melee class without a block, this only makes our lack of SA more brutal

8) CC change killed zerkers ranged pressure in 1v1's too because in most situations you cant follow up with a real cc chain even if you get the knockdown. In addition to this you need flame buster to not be on CD to reliably extend our combo

9) The few abilities we have to trade damage with we also need to combo people after we catch them...general disarray, ground lifting, flame buster, titan step, and even ancient wave to an extent...since we have such limited SA and no way to mitigate damage damage we're forced to actively use these skills to not get caught in a random cc which means most of the time when you actually catch someone youre not able to follow up

What NEEDS to happen

1) Get rid of the ******** "optimization" patch

2) Fix giant leaps iframe

3) Shake off given its SA back, it was an undeserved nerf in the first place and the iframe every 4 seconds doesn't even work most of the time

4) Give NA the cc patch SA got with the 4 cc's

Some things id like to see, doesn't have to be all of them, just a few

1) SA or FG on blasting or slug fest

2) remove/replace the skill corpse storm completely
    3) Speed up the animation of devestation

4) Speed up the charge speed of titan blow

5) give zerkers s block

6) 15 second cd for ancient wave with 30% reduced damage

Tweaking numbers isn't going to fix the core issues of the class, its just lazy on the Dev's part

At this point theres no reason to roll zerker over other brawler type classes, its pretty much inferior in every way, it has nothing it particularly excels at compared to warrior, valk, striker, or mystics. I'm aware that zerkers had a presence in the KR tournament yesterday but they had a different set of cc rules and the class is ok at higher ap levels (265+) due to the insane damage of ancient wave...even at those higher ap levels its still a class based around a skill with a 30 second cd

I know nothing I type here really matters but its just my opinion right now

@PM Cool @CM Yukimura @GM Haliaeetus

GamePois0n, charley222, Waco and 7 others like this.
  2. Reave711

also sorry for the rant, I'm just salty and venting felt like a better use of my time than playing bdo in its current state

3. Redwolf

100% agree.

Can you link the tournament btw?

4. Reave711

5. Berzerker

I agree with slugfest needing frontal guard and ancient wave cd&damage reduction.
    Berserkers rely far too much on ancient wave for damage application in any situation that isnt a raw 1v1.

All of our iframes ( shake off,giant leap and general disarray) all suffer from getting cced during them but it's primarily a server/desync issue and not a skill issue.

Our current useable supearmor damaging skills in awakening (Devastation&Titan Blow) both suffer from the same issue, long windup thus easily avoidable and and counting devastation and earth dividing flow both of the skills apply 2 ccs.

Furthermore our kit depends on auto attacking every 10 seconds for an attack speed buff, managing the attack speed buff which is mandatory and entering neutral frame every 10 seconds is the most unfun aspect of the kit.

The changes to crowd control really messed up berserker kit, for example you cant do 3 hits of blasting because it'll knockdown, if you initiate with ground lifting going for another float or after a grab going for a float alot of times it'll proc the stiff but not the float and **** your cc chain up.

Titan Blow,Giant Leap,General Disarray,Ground Lifting,Slugfest,Devastation&Flow all apply 2 or more ccs during the skill
    Feral stampede animation is so long that it procs stiffness twice, same for titan blow unless you have auto buff up.

Frontal Guard on Slugfest
    Instant Titan Blow
    Reduce Ancient Wave damage and reduce cooldown
    Revise skills with 2 or more crowd control effects on 1 skill

6. Redwolf

Cheers

Edit: This PvP... Looks horrible... Some interesting new combo. They definitely have some weird patch over there. It's not like ours for sure. The matches get much better further in, which is good. Too much running away and playing for time though, which is kinda' dull.

#6 Redwolf, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  7. Vry Pwrful

Should allow Titan Step to down smash on cool down like Flame Bluster. Agree 100% with everything posted above, hope this is reviewed although it probably won't be.

8. choovanski

we need an ambulance asap

9. JerichXd

RIP Zerker

10. Berzerker

Let's all be grab monkeys.
    Embrace the grab meta!

[​IMG]

11. Redwolf

What the hell? Is that legit?

12. Reave711

It’s a warrior grab in case you didn’t notice

13. Berzerker

Idk if it's real, someone linked it but consider this from last weeks patch notes.

''Due to the changes in CC skills, the base damage of a Grapple skill will also increase. Compared to other CC skills where the damage and CC effect is applied altogether upon activation, most Grapple skills inflict lower damage and thus this will see an increase.''

I kind of hope it isn't true but at the same time actually grabbing people to death would be a good meme.

Slowly realising why we have absolute grabs.
    Corpse storm no longer a meme!

#13 Berzerker, May 1, 2018
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  14. Redwolf

If those kind of damage numbers are legit it's gonna' be hilarious haha. Probably not in a good way, but at least it'll be a good laugh. Oh wow.... Lemon is going to rage out on this haha xD

15. Redlx

Block on back peddling?????? Joking right? And take away the nature and speed of berserker as to why it makes me and many others play the class, the class can be as fast as you want it to be, putting a block on s makes us slow and predictable just like striker is atm l.

Berserkers are a chaser their nature is to smash anything in their path not ****ing back peddle

Why would you want that???

Wispur and choovanski like this.
  16. Lulz

Guys dont bother, PA only cares about their whining KR cactus wizards and fotm rerollers. No cactuses on KR play zerks, no need to fix the least played class that doesnt bring them money. It's been 3 years, we been getting only nerfed and got bugs over bugs with no fixes.

If you play zerk since release and every other class is a boring no brain/no skill experience for you, its time to delete this game.

17. Lulz

each of these patches just push the ap cap for zerkers higher and higher, now to have a chance to win vs other softcap classes we need 265ish AP+, and i dont get the slugfest nerf. they shud buff slugfest with SA/FG yet its nerf after nerf after nerf. PA sud go bankrupt and forbidden from touching game developing. they have 0 clues

18. Reave711

We’re gated by cds and it’s situationally amazing, also good for not getting laid out in nodewars before a push from a random meteor 5 miles away

I played musa for awhile so maybe that’s why I like it but you should really play around with it, it’s not there to backpedal but to use as a reactionary block

Today for example I was fighting a sorc and used devastation, sorc started spinning, at the end of the devastation animation I kept s held down and moved my camera. Blocked spin right into a rooting->cs->ancient wave->ss kill

Once people get used to using it reactively I think they’ll really like it

Redwolf likes this.
  19. Redwolf

It's a great change. The point is to have some defence on command without having to spend cool downs just to do stuff EVERY other class in game can do (same with Wiz). I can understand you like to zoom around and use mobility as defence but it's unreliable, especially when you fight an insanely strong class like Mystic. S Block helps with that when you run out of options, and you can keep your CD's for other stuff.

20. Waco

loving the new changes, after FD bugs and i desync all my grabs I can finally backpedal to hiedel storage and chop

choovanski, Redlx and Tvvin like this.