1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It can't continue like this!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Muesticblade, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Why are we still playing this game?

1. I spent too much time and money already

39.6%
  2. I don't, I already quit

8.9%
  3. I love costumizing/screenshots/graphics

13.1%
  4. I don't, I only afk process and turn up for siege/nodewar

17.0%
  5. Community/Friends

21.0%
  6. There is no other comparable game on the market

54.6%
  7. Lag and desyncs suck but i still love action combat and can't go back to tabtarget

33.0%
  8. I don't PvP

10.1%
  9. I like rng enhancing and money making

5.9%
  10. I'm completely overgeared and love 1shotting other players (thank you PA for ap scaling patch)

2.9%
  11. It's still better than my life

18.6%
  12. I love mindlessly grinding

9.1%
  13. I do PvP and I don't see any problems in PvP, it's perfectly fine

3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

After everything, I'm spending my sunday now creating this thread because it feels necessary. I suck at writing texts and im not a native english speaker so excuse when i make mistakes or repeat myself/forget something.

If you don't do PvP you dont have to read any further, just vote in the poll and read below tl;dr

PvP is becoming more and more unplayable. Lag in siege wars is insane, desync and servers still didn't get ANY better since YEARS. And NOW they are recogizing it after the NA siege yesterday. When just a few weeks ago there was huge drama because of the same issue in EU. I guess the difference was that people could log back in after disconnecting and we have less streamers. The "siege monitoring team" seemed to have their first day yesterday when NA siege started, welcome to you guys, good job discovering that we may have issues with the server.
    We are reporting them this like every day and they do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Their support created another ticket category to just send all tickets about lag there and then after a week they are like "oh, 100 tickets" they propably have a button to send a copy pasta response too all of them with 1 click. (I may exaggerate a bit)
    There are tons of reports and twitch VODs about lag and how unplayable siege is atm and now they create this thread.
    https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/valencia-siege-issues-na-3-24-18.163900/

"During next week’s scheduled maintenance, we’ll be applying fixes to help address the lag players experienced."?? This is waaaaaaaay too fast to be real. You basically have 2 days to work on it and expect a fix for a problem we have and reported since months and more months?

BDO1.PNG
    Picture below is from the Valencia Siege Issues - NA [3/24/18] thread linked above. Picture taken at 14:27 CEST.
    BDO2_14_27CEST.PNG

The community is more than unhappy and I'm as well. 3 likes in 7 hours for a compensation message of a GM. 38 upvotes (while i wrote the thread it went down to 33 but now back up to 38) in reddit after 7 hours for a message people should see but many downvote it and the only upvotes are from people getting the compensation or people who want others to see it or think there will finally something happen.
    The communication between players and Kakao still MORE THAN VERY BAD, at least there was a post about the time change and nodewar times, so they learned from the past when nodewars was suddenly 1 hour earlier and it was an easy win for those who were there. But Vell still spawned at normal time today, so it seems to getting spawned manually, without a mention before(except the normal 30min world message? idk i went afk and expected it to be later just as nodewars). This was just the small cherry on top of that gigantic cake that led me to create this thread.

A lot of people would quit BDO if there was a similar game with action combat and good graphics but a working server. Siege would only be 270+ AP people who 1shot everything (gear and other players) and 450gs smallscale guilds. The more experienced a PvP player becomes the more he realizes how bad desync is. When they joins a siege guild they get confronted with huge server lag as well. Desync is also another reason why class balance is so bad. It favors some classes waaaay more than others and making class balance worse than it already is.
    There are bugs that don't get fixed, bugged class mechanics that don't get fixed, exploits, bots and 3rd party software that don't get fixed. Server lag and desync that don't get fixed.

Instead we get life skill transfer coupons for 2200 pearls each, random pet boxes and more and more p2w items in cash shop....

If it continues like this and we don't get the fix you promised in your new thread this game's pvp siege scene will die sooner or later. (From what I see it is already dying, people in top guilds quit because of boredom and bad server performance, they recruit strong people from weaker guilds, due to the rng and server lag barrier there are not many new castle siege players. Instead of wanting a fight the #2 EU guild is coming to valencia to create a meme because they can't fight. Server is not working. Yesterday siege there were only 2 guilds in mediah (+ a weaker guild and militia) vs #1 EU guild and the fights were already full of serverlag and rubberbanding. Imagine there was another big guild. Would've fallen from the "good fight"(which means it was more or less playable) category into the gg lagged out category.
    And then all these bad changes. Militia, AXES, longer respawn timers (very bad for smaller and weaker guilds)

20 years game? You better work very hard then.
    Global siege? Make the game more p2w so 90% of the people quit and you can merge the servers.
    I know some of the GMs are acutally trying to do a good job, also at support, so thanks to you. But it really is time to do something and stop ignoring the PvP issues.

tl;dr server is ****, they just realized it now???? what happened to our reports over months

now something PvP unrelated for the people who love graphics, screenshots and customizing

what is happening to the costume production? Kunoichi got the last unique costume 9th august 2017
    new costumes are a bit copy pasta with copy pasta idle animations and rereleases of old costumes.
    And there are still a lot of graphical bugs in some costumes (especially when mixing them, but not only)

it feels like Pearl Abyss are only working on other versions and forgot the pc version exists.
    Sure some stuff might take some time, but there was a message from kakao in our mail on valentines day and somewhere on forums about getting better connection. Also what happened to graphical or sound remaster we heard months ago.

Vanit, Sanivia, Mana_Mafia and 38 others like this.
  2. Dalenos

[​IMG]

Here is one of my reasons ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Valari, Ekatarina, Kismet and 2 others like this.
  3. Catastigma

2017-10-13_131731180.JPG
    i will never leave im. This is my Waifu.

#3 Catastigma, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Souda, Kismet and Dalenos like this.
  4. Epitafios

Can u add the option: I dont play it just crying in the forums 24/7 because i dont have anything to do with my life. Plz add this option so many ppl need it.

5. unrealaz

We are all on the forums because we can't login into the game :)
    Also it's because people like you they are doing what they are doing.
    Instead of siding with the community on a very serious matter, the servers, you attack them and say you are ok with the game.
    I hope one day the servers will be like this no matter what you do, and then you can tell me how much fun you have.

Unspeakable, Taadjo, Hau101 and 8 others like this.
  6. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

Oh i really forgot an option, people who vote for it need to open their eyes, but I had to add it to give the poll an option for it. I forgot it because I never had the Idea someone could think this.

7. Epitafios

I dont talk for the ppl that have a legit complain about something and try to suggest and disuse it in the forums i talk about the no lifer haters that dont even play the game and post shiet all the time because a like for them must be the highlight of their existanse

8. sanjilol

Ppl like u need to be disowned of any freedom of speech because u are just deluded.

Maizekeen, Life2v and MuzVerecem like this.
  9. Epitafios

Dont use this option if you dont need it

Zarkasm likes this.
  10. Soulo

Not even trolling, I was gonna suggest that

11. peaceminusone

So true,i almost feel like people don't have any irl problems so they keep looking for some in game

12. PandoraRose

Because it keeps my mind, even if momentarily, off the bs in my real life.
    As well as keeping me from wanting to murder my neighbor.

Isteria and Ascaeldor like this.
  13. Graugus

I really feel sorry for the people that put "It's better than my real life", if this game is better than your real life, you need to seek professional help, that no MMORPG can provide.

Reventon likes this.
  14. Mafesio

I play BDO because I like it and don't have any complaints with it. I would hope that's the only reason someone is playing game, if not, the future of the world is not looking to good for the sheep.

15. Alexandrious

Got alooooooooot of people looking at BLESS Online right now. If Neowitz revamped the combat just right.....gonna see a lot less afk fishers in heidel very soon.

Unspeakable likes this.
  16. Alexandrious

Elven Perfection.

Kismet and Dalenos like this.
  17. zhagsten

pvp is a bonus activity, it can't be open all the time guys.

18. Hemuk

Before long, anyone slightly interested in the game that makes the "mistake" of googling it; will find nothing but how shitty it is; posts/articles/threads of how it doesnt even function properly, until new players will be rare, even tho atm there's no better MMO out there; this' how this game will die.

Zarkasm likes this.
  19. Heartbeat

Heartbeat Seraph Ranger 61 NA

Remember when GM and CM posts used to get an absurd number of likes for the smallest announcement? And now threads like this are considered more popular to make and agree with

#19 Heartbeat, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  20. Arclight

The option most people have chosen "There is no other comparable game on the market" for me personally is the biggest reason. I've quit the game and come back like four times now and that really is why.

This game by far has the best feeling combat system out of any MMO I've played, a fantastic seamless world that feels alive, a great character creator and great art assets. It's a shame all the fantastic things this game has going for it is offset at times by the endless repetitive grinding, a terrible market/trade system, RNG progression and lack of any fun group content you can do with your friends such as dungeons. I suspect the negatives have turned more people away from this game than it has managed to retain.

While I did consider the money option having spent well over a thousand bucks on this game I can justify that over a 2 year span having spent more than that on games like EVE, WoW subs, Star Citizen, etc.. so the money thing isn't too much of an issue and I still feel I can walk away at any time.

With so much that can be improved in this game such as better servers, less RNG progression (the PRI/DUO drop thing actually sounds like a bit of an improvement) I'm hopeful things can get better since it doesn't look like any worthwhile similar style MMO's are coming any time soon.

Sanivia and TucoRamires like this.