1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn't take a market analyst to see this

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lofty, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

He is completely telling the truth.

Outside of visuals and the action combat system. This game fails on nearly all areas.

- Sever stability compared to other MMOs = crap
    - Community compared to other MMOs = crap
    - The enchantment system in this game, is by far one of the worst ever.
    - Progression compared to other MMOs = crap
    - It has a very predatory marketing strategy compared to other MMOs.
    - It has less content the the MMO that people says is a Mile Wide, but a Inch deep. (Elite: Dangerous) Because BDO don't even have the Mile Wide part to it.
    - It has a unnecessary highly punishing RNG gear based system. In a system where gear matter above all.
    - Then comes the economy.... Worst in-game economy that I've experienced, in my many MMOs played.
    - Lets not even talk about it's cash shop, compared to even other Korean MMOs like TERA and BnS.

I mean I could go on about for hours. About what makes this MMO so inferior to many others I've played.

I mean just because a fringe group of minorities enjoy kicking babies to death. Don't make a good thing or hobby. It just means that a very small group of sadistic people like kicking babies. Nothing more and nothing less.

Now since you guys claim this game is so good. Tell us what is so good about it compared to the other MMOs?

Nakria, Joungf and Lofty like this.
  2. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

Lul I heard this same tune from the fanbois in this one as well.

https://www.epicgames.com/paragon/en-US/news/paragon-to-close-on-april-26

I wonder how ignorant they feel now. LEL.

3. Tetrinox

No. I find it sad.

4. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

Darn. then I feel somewhat sorry for you.

5. Solsi

I don't think he/she means it's the worst mmorpg period. Than he wouldn't be playing it. He's talking about churn rates, since that was the topic. BDO is the worst game in terms of keeping players, in his opinion.

All mmorpgs have problems keeping new players. People enjoy the starter stuff, story quest-lines or initial "journey" and than they quit. It's when **** gets real and they face the massive grind towards endgame and notice how much behind they are, they feel overwhelmed and can't be arsed.

Based on the fact that catching up in BDO takes a lot of time and big gear&power difference(compared to commercial/casual western mmoprgs), as well as more mandatory and expensive store items, it's probably a little bit harder to keep new players.

Really doubt it's the worst though. So many crap f2p/p2w mmorpgs out there, for example ArchAge, that logically must have a much greater percentage of people dropping out after trying for free.

6. damascus

lol, i had a nice chuckle over this one :) You might have also added:

"P.s. Don't forget to prioritise Cash Shop fixes above all others."

7. Lofty

The worst churn. (The ratio at which players quitting outstrips the amount of players joining)

Please stay on-topic.

8. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

Actually you do make a good point about Archage.

9. Joungf

Sadly I have to agree. And I can continue adding a lot of points that are missing, incorrect or buggy.

10. Tetrinox

Feel sorry for your childish discussion.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  11. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

Your face is sorry.

Nakria likes this.
  12. Schrumpel

The only reason this game dies is bec players are bored of getting more p2w every single ****ing week and new player quit faster because they inform themself. They find out that bdo isnt worth if you dont spend atleast 300 bucks. Lacari is right he tries to ignore bdo bec it gets more p2w and the server getting more worse too . The real persons who are to blame are those p2w supporter

13. Ipoo

The only reason people play this game over 6 months is not because they enjoy but because they feel invested from the actual money they have spent. Any player who has not spent a large amount of money on this game does not play it anymore. Facts.

Nakria and Fearless V like this.
  14. Cat Box

OP is absolutely correct.

Ive tried to keep my rose colored glasses on for BDO since launch but its become extremely difficult lately. Ive stopped playing altogether but still keep tabs on the game in hopes of some actual good changes with the player base in mind but every week i check its just getting worse and worse and i know im not the only one who feels this way.

Nakria and Ipoo like this.
  15. zeezero

The game is surviving because there is a lack of competition currently. Once a few of the upcoming high profile mmo's drop things will change.

Nakria likes this.
  16. Zombiecity

BDO is love, BDO is life. BDO is #1 trash MMO. LEGGGGGGO

Nakria and Fisty like this.
  17. LeWaffles

Disgruntled Waffles approves this message. I took about half a year break and came back to see that the game is plagued by most of the same Technical issues that it had when I left. Apparently class balance has gotten a bit better, but this games crazy potential is limited by too many small factors that combine to ruin the experience. I cant get back into the game. Not saying anybody else shouldn't enjoy it, but personally, the allure has vanished and it would take a pretty large overhaul of both Community-Dev interaction and gameplay stability to cause said allure to return. From the outside looking in, its blatantly obvious what the issues with the game are, and its sad that either the resources cant be spent to fix them or the Dev team just doesn't care.

Nakria likes this.
  18. Findubar

Just ignore that guy, he`s a meme by now.
    [​IMG]

19. 待って下さい

The game was at launch different that Korea.
    Harder Mobs
    Less Pay to win
    Slower leveling curve
    Harsher weather effects
    Dark nights that were actually dark
    PvP that had risk (1% exp loss)
    and probably more that I've forgotten.

People bitched and complained about wanting all those things and then bitched when they got them. And now look at where we are. Near 1:1 with korean pay to win and balance. Only thing we lack in Valks in the cash shop, rabam, and lahn.

I remember at launch Kakao saying that the NA audience is different and they have to cater to them. The p2w korean model won't work here. Man it's sad to see BDO go this way.

20. zhagsten

I think that Lineage 2 in NA/EU was worst. It's seen dozens millions of players, yet it was struggling at 120k subs before going down enough that EU was removed from the hand of NCSoft West (formerly NC Interactive) and it went F2P with GoD update. Rampant PKing at the start, bots, harsh curve of progression, and plagued by all kinds of cheating programs in PvP.

However having a worse example doesn't exactly makes BDO shine. While I wouldn't expect people abhorring PvP to stay, there are some frustrating design that certainly push players to the exit by looking like a wall instead of giving a sense, a feeling of progression. That and the relentlessly demanding cash shop. People don't like to be asked to spend more when they are frustrated by a game design.