1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It doesn't take a market analyst to see this

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Lofty, Feb 13, 2018.

1. PurplePumpkin

In my experience there are always periods of inactivity in-between updates for MMOs. Once some updates get released there was be another influx of people. Rinse and repeat. As far as content post soft-cap I do kind of agree with OP, outside of gear treadmill and PvP there doesn't seem like there is much to do. Imo they should add more tools for players to interact with each other in-game. So they can create more of their own content.

That being said, there were and are mmos worse off than this one.

2. Anyone who runs trash no-requirement guild for shitters that have played for max 2 days.*

For some reason I don't see people leaving. And we are all well over 56, tbf only 60-61.

flukeSG2 and Smileybones like this.
  3. Eltruism

Why make this kind of post if you did not deliberately intend on harming the game?

Who put you up to this?

4. Tetrinox

Quality posts, as always.

5. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

More quality and content then yours.

Now I give you my permission, to have the last word.

:D

Nakria likes this.
  6. Tetrinox

Trust me, I will have it anyways, and I will use it wisely to say:

Cheese.

7. Zombiecity

False guys I shall get the last word! New Game When?

8. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

If anything I agree with this more than I do it being "changes either Kakao or PA wanted to make."

Communities never hold themselves responsible for the things they ask, contrary to belief a dollar does not give you insight, so just because you spend 10, 15, 30, 50, or even 100 on BDO to get in, does not mean everything you tell the devs/publisher is wrong with the game is actually wrong.

I do remember all those things in the prior version. I loved how hard mobs were, I loved that traveling at night actually felt dangerous, I loved the weather was brutal, all of those things, but the player base seems to forget they asked for a lot of that to go away. Begged for it even, and now there is chaos in place of that change for a lot of those aspects that "had to change for the survival of the game."

PurplePumpkin likes this.
  9. LogicaI

Where is your proof that we are dropping members like flies according to you saying we have the worst churn rate?
    \

Look at you posting my memes :P

10. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

I've been playing since release and I've spent very few on the game. Fact. How does that compute in the simple mind of yours ?

11. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Hahaha nice joke, from the one who has been around for a month, knows basically nothing about the game and its history and just parrots trendy opinions.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  12. Epitafios

I dont see any problem with the population of the game. If you do a small research you gonna find out that is doing better than the most mmos out there.The problems that hurt the game is the connectivity/lag issues,optimization,a terrible cash shop model that get worst every pach and last the lack of new pvp content that is the core of the game.But im sure the game will stay alive till a better pvp focused mmo comes.

13. FeelsCasualMan

The game died after that and the servers had to be merge for the remaining players to actually have nodewars and sieges. then they started to use tactics like new returning players and lowering the cost of the game ot get a more players who usually end up quitting or going super casual. The steam released saved them from the game actually dying as the kept losing players in the high rotational model they had going to replace the quitting player tired of abuse. right now the game is bleeding off player and they are gonna be trying to use the event to get a new influx of players but eventually they are gonna run out of people to con and the game is gonna die.

This game needs loyal players to survive which they dont have since loyalty goes both ways and they dont show their players respect.

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Your merge example is so wrong: why did they add the same amount of channels to a diying game instead of reducing it ? What you fail to understand is that it was not a merge in the traditionnal sense in MMOS: it was not 3 servers merged into a single server, it was 3 servers merged into a server cluster.

flukeSG2 likes this.
  15. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

Not sure if serious or not realizing the merge was not one mega server, but each of the respective regions merging into other respecting regions.

Hm.

#thinkingemoji

flukeSG2 likes this.
  16. FeelsCasualMan

you are stupid as can be. The player base of 3 different servers was dying so they merged them. Back when they just put VP sub into the game teh game had a decent pop on all server, then it dipped, then it died a little when the announcement hit then 20-30% of the player base charged back with a lot more quitting after that a lot of people slowly drained out when they were dripping awakenings to us every other week. Node wars were ****ing T1s were posting on T3s to find a fight which was still very hard. T3s were posting on T1s for any fight. Its was near death. Then they took all of the remaining player base and put them together. that is what happend maybe you were to busy RP in a tavern to actually play the game to notice scrub.

17. FeelsCasualMan

no it was because the game was dying maybe if you actually played the game you would know.

less pop per server to the point that you cant find fights for node wars and empty grind spots all around, yeah the game must of been alive and well.

18. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Nice fantasy blog but when you're done throwing insults like a child, would you mind address this simple logic fact:

Why did they offer the same amount of channels after merge if the playerbase was dying ?

You're cute to assume to I spend all my time roleplaying however, when actually I don't roleplay at all.

Ad Astra likes this.
  19. Ad Astra

Ad Astra Maehwa NA

I am on the game right now. I log in every day at 9AM while working from home. I am pretty sure I actually play the game.

Let me learn you something:

When a game is usually merging servers due to low population they do not add more channels, and then merge three channels of the same region into each other so everyone can play with each other in that region instead of picking the wrong server (Edan, Orwen, etc) and being blocked out from their friends due to a poor choice.

If you are not going to come with facts, just bug off. The population then after was constantly set to crowded status. I bet you are the same person who before the Vell server space increase thought "Game's Dead Jim" and as soon as all servers went from Crowded to no status that following day you went "HAH PROOF. NOT A SINGLE CHANNEL CROWDED."

If the game was dead, even Steam's numbers would showcase a decline and there is no total indicator of who is all playing on Non Steam Clients.

Now go play and stop quoting me with your 14 messages, 4, likes, and Sunday join record. If anyone looks like they have not been around long enough it is you, but that is none of my business.

#Teasip.

Smileybones likes this.