1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It is time for someone to do someting with the Crazy Sea Monster Hunting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlfredtheGreat, Oct 1, 2018.

?

What the devs should do to balence the income between hunting sea monsters and grinding

Poll closed Oct 31, 2018.
  1. Nerf the drops of sea monsters hunting

34.9%
  2. Buff up the item dropping rate for grinding

65.1%
  1. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

hi Mary, smh should be nerfed to hell and back, as it is simply ruining the game. (or redesigned to give stuff that has to be sold on mp, to contribute to economy, not ruin it)

2. Prochilles

It's going to be hilarious, and sad, when Dreighan etc. come out and people only play it for a week or even a single day, and just go back to sea monsters etc.

3. Kharognar

Νu

4. WhySoSeeryus

Mary, you are being unreasonable.

5. Kharognar

Remove controller usage which makes SMH broken af and get done with it ...

6. Tazmanyak

In my opinion, no need to remove gamepad control. The abuse comes from camera lock quick turns that are made standard by using lowest sensitivity.
    Just fix this minimum sensitivity of controler. No more cam lock. No more instant turn. That would be enough i think :)

7. Kharognar

Is that acceptable since that's causes SMH to be OP ?

8. Eynix

Hi there, can you elaborate ?

9. Kharognar

Drieghan will generate "BILLIONS & BILLIONS & MORE BILLIONS"

10. Eynix

Funny because people playing with a controller are suboptimal by a lot in every aspect of the game, but they can do a 180° rotation with their ship and you're not good enough to do it with your m/k so you're crying. Ok then.

Reigne Irkalla and MoonDance17 like this.
  11. runbat

runbat 1

people have been hunting seamonsters for ages. those drooling mouthbreathers crying for SMH nerfs just don't know.
    you would've cried us a river long ago if only you had known earlier.

it wasn't a problem back then, neither is it today. this "nerf SMH" stuff has to stop.

jelly little beans you are. get a proper boat yourself and join us or remain silent.

post scriptum: not every SMHunter makes billions per week. at least half of the population doesn't even hit 1 bil per week, many not even half of that. for non-professionals SMH is far too time consuming to keep up with what you guys expect from it.
    It's not like people would go get a boat, join an SMH guild and instantly make 25 billion silver per week so please guys.. stop tryna make it sound like that

#31 runbat, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
    Draconnix and MoonDance17 like this.
  12. Eynix

Side question from a wannabe, how do you SMH solo or with a very small team on quick play session ? I feel like it's very hard to go SMH when you don't have 2h available.

13. runbat

runbat 1

definitely solo. candidum, 3 minutes per kill. get a couple of kills and take a break. return when you have time.
    once you get the hang of it SMH is quite easy.
    just gotta know where all them candidums are and have as many frames per second as a whole minute allows

14. Rena

if u think none is grinding try go fogan..

15. YamikunOkami

YamikunOkami Lahn 62 NA

Sea monster hunting shouldn't be touched. I don't own an epheria, but people assume you go out for 5 minutes and make 5b silver. That's not the case. It's true it's more ludicrous if an entire guild participates, but with it being the only reason other than Vell to go into margoria, I believe it should remain untouched.

Reigne Irkalla, Reyfer and lewisefur like this.
  16. Ysedia

I do more than 50m/h while grinding. I also get 1% every single hour i grind( on the 3 61 characters i grind with). AND on top of this i earn skill point which is supposed to be good for your character i suppose.
    SMH does 100 to 200m/h guild money which is about 30M/h to 90M/h depending on the guild member contribution(i'm talking about personal gain, not guild money). They do not have xp nor skill xp.

Other lifeskill should be up hugely (with driegan only gathering and processing are changed, not cooking/alchemy/manual fishing/etc...) to be behind smh and ahead of grinding, since it give money/xp but no skill point.
    Then you will need to choose between, earn more money no xp/skillxp, earn less money but also xp, or less money but skill point and xp.

SMH is a great thing for ppl who wants to grind. Since maps are more empty, you've a bit less chance to meet karmabomber

#36 Ysedia, Oct 2, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2018
  17. runbat

runbat 1

great thing for those that love to grind: SMHunters won't bother to take 'their' grindspot that 'they' own.
    EZ grind for as long as they want with no nasty seamonsterhunters around to destroy the game entirely for them.

18. Reinsecret

To be honest, the current SMH won't destroy the market. But the SMH hackers will. Just like the Hystria hackers. Also, the desync issue happens more often in ocean compare to on land, which provide a perfect cover for those SMH hackers. When I posted below video, most replies I received are not about how we should do something to ban those hackers, but defend those hackers by point out the desync issue. :O

When a player provide a video like this, but still can't prove that someone is hacking. Then the player might start thinking: Hmm, maybe I should get a script like that?! :D

19. WhySoSeeryus

So u wanna say... half of the population doing smh does? And u ask why it needs nerfs?

20. ZaSlayer

smh is pretty chill, i do smh for 5hours a day, while watching series. Easy game, easy money. Grinding in comparison is too stressful, especially duelling for spots
    43ed09e6e2b04083fa677a770428b50e-png.jpg