1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It is time for someone to do someting with the Crazy Sea Monster Hunting

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by AlfredtheGreat, Oct 1, 2018.

?

What the devs should do to balence the income between hunting sea monsters and grinding

Poll closed Oct 31, 2018.
  1. Nerf the drops of sea monsters hunting

34.9%
  2. Buff up the item dropping rate for grinding

65.1%
  1. Spartakatz

Camera lock with controller is just one broken thing, the other is mouse movement attack. Both are obviously not intended because they vastly outperform high level sailing skills, like abrupt turn at artisan 1 which is also just a 90 degree turn. When both would get fixed it probably becomes kind of balanced.

2. runbat

runbat 1

i make a metric f_ckton of money per month with an easy af (imho) job. that's an advantage. should that be fixed too?

i see where you're coming from mate.
    you obviously cannot SMH yourself due to having low fps and no controller. you also obviously (ask around) don't understand how SMH works at all.
    therefore the logical solution for you is to nerf SMH to the absolute ground so that noone else can do it because YOU can't.

your arguments are the worst.

according to you and your SMH-hating friends SMH needs to be nerfed/removed because:
    - players with higher FPS than you are cheaters
    - controllers are a legitimate way to cheat
    - boat follows your mouse movement (camera "lock" !?!?)
    - "trina rifles, hunting with forechop, digging" were a bad thing
    - fat kids in the candy store don't get no candy no more
    - mimimi

hate me for hating on you. i dig it.
    now if you excuse me. i have to fap over the fact that i can SMH and you cannot.

till next time
    rumbert ze fat kid in ze kandi stor.

3. Arexx

i would like to see pvp on sea monster hunting with perma death for ships, ez game

4. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

that should also be fixed if u ask me. i dont differentiate.

5. Kurejiin

-

#85 Kurejiin, Oct 3, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  6. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Nice castle payout.

7. Ama83

Kakao does not care, and there no will be buff or nerf for some balance,
    probably even nobody from GM or CM will read this topic.

8. Bluxwave

I am happy gathering water

however when I see stuff like this, (i just watched the whole youtube video on doing this activity)

It makes me really puzzled at what the point is and what rewards are based on depending on the activity.

Is the point to do this and not do other stuff in the sandbox? or are people lying and its just another activity.

Casty likes this.
  9. They wont do anything since BDO Mobile makes way more money then PC so they dont give a fk.

10. Spartakatz

In this case I wouldn't trust the GM's answer. Probably they didn't understand it correctly and/or just wrote a standard answer.

There's no plausible explanation why a beginner1 sailor could move much better than an artisan, it makes the whole skill tree useless and absurd.

11. AllanJr

dude your post is so full of ignorance in SOOOOO MANY levels that i couldnt stand not answering your post:

1.- Become a veteran: by the look of your post you are a new player to the game, or a old very casual player, lesson number one, before comming to forums talking stupidity (and i dont saying it as a insult, but as a description of your post content) you should try all the game content before coming here to repeat what some other ignorant just told you about SMH.

2.- for your information gyfin rashia parties are able to pull off ammounts of silver of around 40-50 mill per hr, wich is more than what you get in SMH, but i dont see you complaining about that, why? easy: IGNORANCE

3.- "Does anyone see the crow of ships just right outside of Velia on every single server?" ............Do you know bdo has 3 mill players only in europe? divide that between the ¿40? channels we have and now count how many ships you see in each channel, do you will realise just how little people actually does SMH now?, why didnt you relise that before? again: IGNORANCE

4.-"Does anyone see the price of a scroll written in ancient language? I mean even the relic shard is near 2mill for each. what does it mean then? It means there is only a few mount of players that still actively grinding"........the prices and ammounts of items in market are regulated by the game, so ancient relics can go anywhere from 1.3mill to 2.2mill (kinda), so if i go buy all the cheap ones because imma go and do a relics season the only logical thing to happen is that the remaining relics are the ones at a higher price, and even so the game itself introduces after few min more relics at a regular price, how is that strange in a highly populated game? how is that strange being memory fragments the most wanted item in the game?? or are you gonna tell me only people doing smh buy relics?? again: IGNORANCE

my brain is starting to dull right now, and i am not even half way trough your post....

5.- "the rich gets richer, the poor gets poorer" ....What??? NO. the no lifers get richer and the casuals are always poor, but thats just logical isnt it??? or you thing nerfing SMH is gonna somehow make you rich?? i am really having a hard time following your logic.

6.- "most of NEW players are barely able to survive during their first couple months of game play because of the broken item price and the difficulty of getting proper gears since everyone is busy with hunting sea monster, because of the broken item price and the difficulty of getting proper gears since everyone is busy with hunting sea monster"....wait what? you are actually blamming SMH for the prices of what? a grunil armor???? holy ****. i will assume you talk about boss gear when you said "proper gear", do you think it grows in the ****ing trees??? do you even know you can kill a boss and do SMH at the same time because it takes 5 min to change characters and kill it??? are you high bro?

7.- "so why do they have to care? Right? Just spent a little bit of their daily income from the hunting then they will pre-order to have a PEN Ogre Ring" OK THATS IT!! i am done with your ********, i have tried to teach you how tthe game works and keep a civilized conversation but you are most likely a kid who has not ****ing idea about the game AT ALL and thinks that if he comes cry at forums your INCOMPETENCE about the game is gonna just magically vanish. i am not even gonna bother with the rest of your post, it a waste of time.

LucidKill, Cruornex and YajStylez like this.
  12. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

By nerf margoria you mean delete it ?

13. thdsm

If they "fix" camera turning without giving some sort of replacement elsewhere sea hunting will be dead content as almost nobody will bother repairing half their ship after every kill.

14. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

They only got stamina for 3-4 kills anyway

15. floofy

Yes we see the crow of ships just right outside velia, when you see them, they don't sea hunt. Majority of the player base are still afking, hitting the dummies, then the active ones grinding, doing events. Go out to the sea and see for yourself. You'd barely see anyone sailing even in arsha, You'd be lucky if you see more than 5 people, more than half the time you'd see no one. Now look at the dummies in arsha, almost every dummy is occupied from the main cities, look out the best grinding spots, people pvping endlessly. Check out gyfin, change server frequently, you'll see it occupied. A lot of people are working on their 62 after the exp patch. You make it sound like 80% of the population are out in sea. There's probably less than 10% doing it, and are scattered on all channels, and have different schedules. Sea monster is not OP, it's the freaking kama blessing + knowledge drop + arsha buff + item collection scroll that's OP.

16. SammyAndTina

Take a boat out to the ocean, there are not many people doing SMH at all. Very few actually.

17. Blitzball

i'm forced to do SMH cuz all good grindspots are crowded , and i can't win any duel for a spot cuz i'm not a Costume melter :(

18. AlfredtheGreat

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol I am newbees eversince 03/15/2016

IGNORANCE is not going to do anything with the state of BDO right now

So I do not give a **** about what you have replayed to me, if u can not talk to people with respect then fku kid who do you think who you are

Okay, so you mentioned grinding at gyfin with a party can make you 40-50 mills per hour, what is the prerequisite of that? I think it is going to be constant PVPs and you need be able to win most of them in order to keep your rotation. Or change your ****ing server every single 15mins, but seems like you are the second one. Also, in terms of maximum of your income from gyfin you need 5 T4 pets. Kama blessing, Value pack, a fairy with auto-consuming pots, a tent, many maids in case you need something from your local storage. I don't think you have ever thought about most of casual players hate pay to win, and those are something Newbees or some old players simply do not want to pay for why? we pay what makes us happy. And I think even now you would still say IGNORANCE to explain everything from your perspective cause you are simply ignoring everything and just talking **** to people on the form huh?

To your 6th, how the **** you think the new players are going to have mutable charts with acceptable green gears to kill every single ****ing boss? why saying something so ****ing retarded? again IGNORANCE!

To your 7th, LOL.....LOL.... The Pay to win or the rich players always pre-order the ****ing TET or PEN high end accessory! do not IGNOR that and keep yourself educated!

Btw to your 5th, you just made my day! U JUST MADE MY DAY! little kid lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

19. Cruornex

What kind of a way to debate anything is this? Starting a thread with, at best, minimal knowledge on the subject. Then you make your only reply to anyone mostly asterisks and "lol"s with incomprehensible and aggressive English thrown in between and even the cliché "kid" finisher.

If you do not know the first thing about SMH and everything you use as an argument is based purely on assumptions, you should not be making threads on SMH.

LucidKill and AllanJr like this.
  20. chendu

Well you could always take a boat and start hunting the hunter