1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It is time to raise the level cap.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by frumps, Nov 13, 2019.

1. frumps

One-shot kills in a pvp game like this is super lame yet it has become the the norm.

I have always regarded the pvp in BDO to be utter trash and the worst of any pvpmmorpg I have played, but it doesn't always have to be this way.

It is time to raise the level cap and give everyone more survivability and HP.

Change enhancement difficulties and add a new top enhancement VI "Set". Make "Set" the new "Pen" and give pen the enhancement chance of current tet chance. This would help to eliminate the unreasonable gear gap that newer players face to become competitive.

The wallet warriors will cry at first but will undoubtedly throw even more money at the game in an desperate effort to maintain their pay2win advantage.

Almost every mmorpg has revamped their game over time to make it more accessible to new players

Now with growing competition from Archeage which has arguably better PVP, BDO needs to do something to keep pvp players interested and bring them back.

2. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Not the cause or solution to the problem you have..... There is no lvl cap.

3. Alagare

What pvp ?

Wodahs and JM like this.
  4. MindaugasR

If you say ArcheAge better PvP then you not know anything about ArcheAge. You don't even know how melee OP in AA they can one shot everything except plate healer with two click. Oh true lets talk about ArcheAge conversion build healer they almost immortality because any damage they received it heal them over 100%. In AA PvP no one even try kill healers is waste time.

#4 MindaugasR, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Stres likes this.
  5. Fearless V

Fearless V TranscendentSoul Mystic 58 NA

Non Korean MMO that way. That's exactly what you are asking for. Today's MMO genre is the worst place to be thinking about looking for PvP in.

JM likes this.
  6. LightningFFXIII-4

[QUOTE="frumps, post: 2391299, member: 131639"

The wallet warriors will cry at first but will undoubtedly throw even more money at the game in an desperate effort to maintain their pay2win advantage.

[/QUOTE]

Wallet Warriors? People in 3rd world countries with no money at all have better gear than the players in the US who spend thousands of dollars a week lol. Exploits/Speedhacks/Buying Accounts > Spending money on the pearlshop now.

BDO's PVP is a lie lol used by PA/Kakao to sucker in players thinking they'll be able to PVP after they spend thousands of dollars/hours into the game.

Rinnagans likes this.
  7. frumps

I do know how broken and crap AA pvp it is. I don't like Archeage PVP either. That is just how bad BDO pvp is that you can reasonably argue that AA is better. I've been doing the naval combat in AA and that is the only enjoyment i've gotten from the game so far.

Of course i'm talking about raising the soft cap.

8. Khondo

BDO is not a pvpmmorph, it's a PVE game with PVP components.

Roechacca and Smileybones like this.
  9. Ashaara

Are we playing the same game? Bdo was at start really hard to play and actually somewhat challenging. Now just because those casual players who need more accessibility and easy times you can "play through" this game in 2 hours or even less...

lol

Enchantment System and Soulless 24/7 Pve Grind just to raise a Lvl Number is the exact same reason WHY PvP People don't want to play this game xD Doing something that has nothing todo with pvp and giving this horrible designed elements more focus is definitely keep any kind of players interested, this game needs way more than just numbers.

10. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

What's PvP?

11. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

Be very careful about lobbying for increased level caps. With increased caps come a whole new wave of things....cough.

12. WinterMilla

Whats the point of raising the level cap if you don't gain anything new from it? After 61 is 62 leveling is just something to keep you playing with no real reward other than a free accessory.

Now if they added new skills and things to do at those levels then, hmmmm.
    Then again the higher you make levels go in MMOs the worse the balancing gets.

13. Deyric

1v1 I suppose, but group vs group it isn't a problem. But for the most part AA is the same problem crap.

14. LightningFFXIII-4

They recently changed how Passive Traits work and there's a lvl 63 class specific trait that could be worth grinding for. For Kuno for example, it gives +2 AP. I don't know if that's sheet AP or what, but if the level requirements to reach 63 was eased and CDO is not BDO 2, i would grind for it.

15. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

player vs plywood, true endgame ;)

Silowyi, Roechacca and Lefteye like this.
  16. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, to be honest, 63 is far from something unreachable with all the stackable exp boost stuff they are throwing at people. even pleb 3 man miru groups are a decent way to reach it.

17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

If you actually did read the OP you would be aware than unlike 95% of the posters who just QQ they suggested solutions. Feel free to read again and comment on solutions.

18. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

If people running full AP and get kill fast, it’s intended lol.

19. WinterMilla

I'm failing to see what I said that was off topic or what I needed to re-read. I made my stance about how leveling should be more than what it is now.

20. LightningFFXIII-4

Not going to grind for exp when the game is dead man walking lol.