1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'It will be better next week'

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CasualNova, May 16, 2018.

?

Does it get better next week

1. No

81 vote(s)
    79.4%
  2. Yes

21 vote(s)
    20.6%
  1. CasualNova

is what every Pearl Abyss defender has been spouting for the last 4 weeks.
    Did it get better? Personally, I dont think so.

The worst part about this whole ordeal isn't the idiotic, untested changes they keep pushing onto a live server environment (something unprecedented for the western world), but the amount of people who still defend the game for a reason or the other and can't be bothered to objectively talk about changes and instead go 'Wow, class x I hate got destroyed (and the 1000s of dollars and hours the player of that class put in went to ****', I'm so happy'.

Hats off to you people.

Scixer, Josh28, Evil Wood and 9 others like this.
  2. LoanWolf

Eh, I'll probably still be a trashcan.

Rozett and Sizer like this.
  3. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Mystic 61 NA

Why didn't it get better?

People complained about Renown AP scaling. They nerfed pvp damage this patch to counter it..... check

They made the cc changes, so if a class does a skill that hits 8 times it no longer has a chance to stun you 8 times only the first hit has a chance to stun... this brings resistances back in line because before resistance meant nothing when you got hit 8 times with one skill.... you were going to get cc'd regardless...... to put this in perspective for large scale say 3 witches cast a aoe that hits 8 times, your chances pre patch to get stunned were 24, after patch its reduced to 3. THATS MASSIVE.

They changed stamina for many classes making it not something you just spam, but have to be very careful with in regards to mobility. Musa/maewha are still highly mobile after the change btw.

They also started adjusting PA.... it is going to become more situational I think. They will change it more I have a feeling.

They fixed some desync issues as well.

People dont like change thats what this comes down to.

They could have implemented it all better though..... weekly patches or half patches are not good.

Jey and Andaro like this.
  4. Yuusayn

This game is getting better, the pve enviroment is great, i just hope it gets buffed, or you could be like the other million ppl who are going to Bless cause its going to be the Lord and Savior of all MMO's with its perfect business model, no cash shop items and recommendation from Jesus himself

5. Nibblesdragon

Wrong.

Not only did they not "nerf pvp damage", but they kept the source of the problem, renown AP scaling.

The only class that got a pvp damage nerf was Valkyrie. Then a few other individual skills. The across the board pvp damage nerf hasn't landed yet.

You really think piling on more problems onto previous problems is the right way to go, huh.

Josh28, Qasim and ViktoryiaV like this.
  6. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush Juicey_Lemon Mystic 61 NA

I think you need to actually read. I guess the change isn't in yet but its coming.

• On the May 9th balance patch, the defense effects from certain skills were removed. In response, many adventurers felt that this meant that PvP battles would end too fast. Therefore, in order to prolong PvP battles so you have more time to enjoy them, we plan to reduce the PVP damage of all classes by an identical rate.

7. CasualNova

1. They didn't fix desync, it's just as bad. If you actually went and played some RBF, you'd probably know.

2. They widened the gear gap regardless of AP scaling by removing most classes Super Armors and protected skills. If you throw in more damage than the other player, you win, easy as that. And if you think renown still doesn't make you absurdly tanky, then you must not be high renown.

3. You know whats better than a 'chance' of getting ccd or not? Avoiding CCs altogether with a protected skill and positioning. Frontal Guard was great at that, Instead of pushing classes towards having gaps (in the back, for example, no reason for Superarmor to be 360) good players can exploit, they made it rng. Wow, great quality of life.

4. 'People don't like change, thats what it all comes down to' - wut? I think its more that people don't like UNTESTED, OFTENTIMES BUGGED AND COMPLETELY ARBITRARY CHANGE with little rhyme or reason.
    Why do some classes get to keep 4 protected skills with low cooldowns so they can still cycle super armor/frontals near permanently easily and other classes get gated behind 20-30sec cooldowns?

And don't even get me started about largescale. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about. You just need to watch VoDs of Enemy vs Sov from the weekend or Manup vs Vertex the other day and you'd see that large scale is dead, 2 guilds staring each other down because nobody can engage anymore, because every frontline/engage class got nerfed into the ground. Today, Valkyrie was hit as well

Scixer, Josh28, Pkmdz and 3 others like this.
  8. elgen

The patch is trash plan and simple. Rangers now use double the required stam as if being forced to mana pot spam was not bad enough. After a year and half we got to use our bows for about 2 months and now are forced to play as a melee that is even worse then they were before.

Change can always be good but they are putting 0 thought or testing into the changes.

Josh28, Evil Wood, Qasim and 2 others like this.
  9. Qmm

Qmm

They should NOT put the renown system in the game at the first place.

Made it bad and then fix it back doesn't mean getting better.

Qasim and iller like this.
  10. TeRRoRibleOne

Please stop taking whatever drug(s) you are on. Stop saying it's getting better because it isn't.

Evil Wood and Qasim like this.
  11. crosspath

This week's theme is "The greedy and the cucks"

Wonder what will be next week.

Fxxx Lahn.

12. Nibblesdragon

Yes, genius, I said that. You said they already nerfed everyone, which is wrong. I said it hasn't landed yet. They plan on it. That's how time works. Right now is the present, later is the future. It only goes one direction.

Qasim likes this.
  13. iller

That's NOT countering it. That's just further punishing lower AP spec'd players & <530gs ppl in node fights
    AP still SCALES up way too much at its end points. DPS in general is still WAAAY too front front-loadable in multi-combatant PvP which completely contradicted their statement of making PvP fights last longer. They're still shorter than ever for Frontliners in Largescale, mostly b/c ElionBless is now mega nerfed too. The only thing they did was make it take way longer or even make it impossible for skilled but lower AP players & those /w Bad-RNG to finish off scrubby potting opponents in smallscale fights.

IOW: they've only amplified the imabalance that's already existed between DP-spec'd Frontliners and Free-casting backline/flanking AP monkies

#13 iller, May 16, 2018
    Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Josh28, Pkmdz and Qasim like this.
  14. Nyhver

they did and didn't

I tested it vs. someone of the same level when they had base resists, took off all gear, running x2 precision gems in MH, they still resisted abilities quite often

You and others saying "resistances were a meme' is painfully inadequate it's actually probably that you weren't aware how often resists happen

That aside from the fact that we should be moving away from RNG on CC, not to making it more prevalent.

What this comes down to is divergence on what PvP in this game was or should be, and these changes have been in the wrong direction.

Hey, man... at least you're honest. Most people don't even know what skill is, they just see themselves winning more and think it's due to skill when it's due to random coin tosses.

Josh28 and Qasim like this.
  15. Illgjarn

Devs should just go back 4 weeks ago, the game was ok, just a few things to do to balance it.

Qasim likes this.
  16. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Wikia NA

I will say that these changes are being implemented poorly. It has been a rollercoaster and the gamestate has been chaotic at best and depressing at worst. Communication has improved, but we still aren't getting the information we need to be comfortable with the changes.

I will note that this is an administrative issue, not necessarily a game design issue. It's hard to say what these changes will ultimately mean based purely off of what we have and the vague goals they have stated. Whether or not the execution and communication are enough to satisfy one's worries is entirely up to the individual, but considering the amount of fog we have on what the result will, it's impossible to say if these changes are good or bad long term.

Short term, however, it's hot garbage with a side of completely livid unadulterated RAGE

Qasim likes this.
  17. CasualNova

Remember when I made this thread a week ago?

Shocker, it didn't get better this week. What are the whiteknights saying this time around?

Josh28, Evil Wood and Qasim like this.
  18. Kinuu

it got 1% better, at least for my classes. I kind of made an experiment starting on a new class i never played before so that i never experienced its full potential before patches, i guess it is a lot more bearable for me this way, my main was musa which is 62 and after all the changes it quite doesn't feel the same playing it, 2 weeks ago i started as a berserker which was heavily affected by the recent changes in cc's and sa/fg however, as i never played it with the old playstyle it actually feels like it was never changed in the first place for me, the fact i have 260AP on it probably makes all the difference tho lol.

19. SAMURAIJ4CK

20. Sheky

Sheky Ranger 61