1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's like they did it just to piss us off O_o

Discussion in 'Maehwa' started by levinano, Aug 30, 2018.

1. levinano

So after many absences/meaningful appearances in the patch notes, our beloved young lady gets a nerf...

• The skill effect range for the skill Sticky Snowflake has been reduced. (This is for the skill performed after Awakening of the Maehwa).
    So now the range of it is the same as Moonrise and all that frosty frost that made the attack look so frosty is gone, it literally just looks like an extra hit for Moonrise now lol.

The thing is, it's not even that big of a deal. It's not like you're sweeping around with that unprotected attack in large scale, and if you used it in 1v1, it's for a combo, so attack range doesn't matter. Only inconvenience I see (besides losing its frost) is in PvE grinding trash mobs.

It just irritates me that 1. it's less frosty looking, 2. It wasn't OP or anything to begin with, why nerf it? 3. We had a thread where many Plum/Maes spent their precious time thinking of balancing ideas on, one that took effort to compile, and one that a CM commented on to raise awareness of it to the devs, only for us to receive nothing for weeks then later just out of nowhere some random mini-nerf. That's why it just feels so much like they threw a pie in our faces with a "we don't care about you" written across it in ketchup.

Like, bruh...

Sorry, just felt like venting :/

2. Reyer

My suspicion is... They want to reduce viable classes number to the lowest possible one. It's easier (cheaper and faster too) to find and maintain balance if there are only 5 or 6 classes that are used by players.

3. Von_Blaumark

Like the pie imagery. Although PA's pies are likely just cowpats with cream covering and the ketchup is extra hot chili for additional sting.

Well you got a nerf that doesn't really nerf anything. Consider yourself lucky. And the Meahwa qq thread was reported in what, like 5 weeks ago? I don't know if PA wants to run changes through global lab now but it could take a while. Tamers did a similar thing and we're in the waiting phase now.

Lastly, Reyer might be on to something there. 5 to 6 seems almost overly optimistic though :D

4. levinano

Well I'm not worried about the nerf itself, as I said, the only problem I have with it is that it looks less icy, well, next to the minor inconvenience in PvE grinding, which is meh.

I'm worried/dissatisfied with the direction of the change. If they were to nerf, they should be nerfing the OP classes. Plum isn't even good right now, though less crippled than Valks, we're desperately in need of small buffs, not small nerfs. Imagine the outrage it'd cause if Tamers and Valks were nerfed though lol.

5. Von_Blaumark

Can't nerf tamers anymore anyway.

Nyanpi, TheYoda and DocPepper like this.
  6. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

They buff witch and wiz and nerf mae... i lost the hope

7. Goobur

THIS! This needs to get out more, Witches and Wizards are getting a large damage buff....W T F.

8. levinano

Where did they say Witch/Wizards are getting a buff? Don't see it in the patch notes or the global lab patch notes, all I see is graphic glitch fixes and BSR skill changes.

9. Kurtferro79

Kurtferro79 Maehwa 63 EU

if I'm not mistaken, it's info coming from the Korean, talked about it in my guild.​

10. Prim nw

Finnaly, with this nerf pvp already feels alot more balanced :) Keep it up PA

11. Tomitaki

something is very wrong with this 60 fps ******** combat, it feels like playing with a stroke