1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's not desync!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Junyoung, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Junyoung

Junyoung Hwall Ranger 61

I thought I was desyncing all over the place, but it was truly because of a sudden FPS fluctuation mid skill causing my animation to "teleport" me. For example at node war where my FPS fluctuates, while I'm doing a skill my character could fly across the screen suddenly. It's because the game prolongs the animation the lower your FPS gets. This simulates an experience very similar to desync. Players have found ways to exploit this flawed programming, and use it to extend skill animations and effects. Manually capping your FPS to 0-1 prolongs the animation.

As clearly shown in the video, SJ Y manually capped his game to 0-1 FPS, and his character was able to fly across the field. For those who don't manually cap it, and experience a sudden FPS drop or fluctuation, this will bring the feeling of "desync" or "lag" to the animation, as you suddenly teleport across the map. This is entirely because the programmers based your attack speed and duration off of your FPS, not because the servers are making you desync to another location.

Alec unintentionally experiencing the prolonged animation because of FPS:
    https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyGlamorousSpaghettiYee

#1 Junyoung, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Pkmdz, Scixer, Dunkleosteus and 14 others like this.
  2. Daze-toyo

this is why they removed the "reset UI" thing, people were doing the exact same thing with using reset ui so their fps goes to 0 for 1 second, then they are across the map

3. Netreiam

Hypothetically, could a striker use this with the vertical velocity of their jump skill to hop castle walls? Even normally that skill has some crazy ups.

4. Brightcide

Scixer, Junyoung, Guts and 2 others like this.
  5. Tvvin

Tvvin The_Professional

That explains why i teleport so far with shadow stomp during a lag spike from servers.

Orion314 likes this.
  6. Netreiam

was about to say the same thing alongside my first post. If anything, if an animation's speed or travel distance aren't within standard the server should correct it.

7. Seken

Rofl I cant believe. I mean im not one of those guys whose are crying 24/7 about almost everything in the game #2cents.
    But how the hell can be that dumb to implement something like that?? Its not a bug, its just how they created the game if im not wrong.

Scixer, Gravemind and Haunted Willow like this.
  8. Brightcide

Make sure to submit bug reports and include links to the video and thread!

Smileybones and Andaro like this.
  9. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Ages ago they moved some stuff back to the client to help with server load, I think?

10. Escapism

meanwhile we witches/wizards still have to deal with getting teleported back to our initial position half the time, and every other class which can teleport even further still crying about us having "so good" mobility.

NannaOgg and Andaro like this.
  11. ambyentlight

Yep its true ya get less lag with a real good computer and a non trash isp that drops your connection a zillion times.

12. Orion314

Same here

Tvvin likes this.
  13. Tazmanyak

Now, lets make some noise about it ?
    How can a developer be stupid enough to "link" movement, animations, attack speed to framerate ? Pfff, how unprofessionnal they are... :(
    And they start advertising bdo as esport ? LOL

Thanks for reporting the isuue ;)

Tvvin likes this.
  14. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

Oh boy... its not a bug? ...
    Must be a feature then....

Of course it is a bug, a flaw in the program code that causes the graphicscard to do something, or the communication between cpu and gpu or something else to make the game stutter that much while it still sends and receives Data from the server.
    So far i have experienced that once lately but could not recreate it.
    But what i have seen after looking into my hardware monitoring was that my gtx 1080ti went from full throttle into low idle frequencies and back.

15. Waifu_Hunter

you know the grab and drag grapple?

yeah . . .

16. Serimorph

So BDO is now an MMO where changing your PC clock effects the world ingame (for some reason), and now capping your FPS freaks the game out and causes you to fly about and move massive distances.

Pearl Abyss. Master game coders everyone.

17. Seken

Well its not a small mistake like a bug. Its more like they are not competetive enough to set the game properly..

BTW.
    I dont know really much about these things but your knowledge seems to be even smaller rofl.

18. Yiikes

wtf who ever said witch/wiz have good mobility?

Answer nobody EVER.

19. Shastalya

Shastalya Warell Musa 50 EU

"We want our games to be remebered as a token of "excellence" for everyone."

Yeah it will dont worry.

Pkmdz, Scixer, RoakOriginal and 2 others like this.
  20. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

if only the ignorant masses of the forum would listen

i told you guys about this exploit like more than a year ago and it's been in the game the entire time and certain siege guild members on EU have been using it without a care in the world lmao

and yes this is true

that's why im pretty sure that they can't even fix this issue because that's how the game is coded and there's literally nothing pa/kakao can do

i've had random pc spikes that increase my dashes or jumps by 2x but there are ways to do it intentionally too. We once had a discussion about this issue and a guildmate went on google and for 10 min he had a program and was able to extend his superarmors in game

nethkhadar likes this.