1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's official: Beta Desert Online

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, May 25, 2018.

1. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

I guess it says u get bsck ur money from half year what u spent but u have to delete everything from blackdesert.

2. ambyentlight

The thing is you will probally get nothing via chargeback now due to the fact you purchaced and used a fully running game untill todays tos stateing its now gone to beta.

Infact Kakao has played this smart to protect themselves from possible mass chargebacks due to many changes in the games mechanics, by makeing everyone sign a new tos stateing the game is now beta they have protected themselves because you still kept all your origional stuff before game went into beta. A smart loophole really.

3. LikesItRuff

Does it say in the agreement you can charge back half a year or is that a law? So those people who have not accepted the TOS can charge back?

4. ambyentlight

To sum it up BDO was released full version and you agreed to the TOS, Now its gone to beta but that is only from today on and any money you spent before was on a full version of the game but in the end nothing has changed even if its called beta.

Would be a super hard lawsuit that you will probally lose.

5. LikesItRuff

Who would sue over a game?

The game was released as working, people spent money on a working product, fact is them declaring the game needs to be "fixed" implies the product is faulty and they knowling released it as such.

A car company that releases a 'working car" 2 years down the road needs to be recalled due to reasons and have issues fixed, negligence is not a valid excuse for releasing a faulty product as working.

I don't blame people for being upset, i'm still playing regardless tho.

6. Ulquiorrax22

So what happens if I agree to this

7. ambyentlight

You get to continue playing the game nothing more nothing less.

8. Miwca

9. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO BETA TEST PHASES
    Notwithstanding any provision to the contrary, Kakao Games Europe does not provide any warranty for the Game during the Beta Test phases, including that all features tested during the Beta Test phases will be available at the Release or that the Game will Operate properly. The User understands that the Beta Test phases are used by Kakao Games Europe in order to test the servers, the localization of the Game, balance and moify Game features. As such, the Game may be unstable during the Beta Test and the gaming experience may change at the Release.
    The User is informed that all the characters created in the Game, including all their experience and items, (i) may be wiped during the Beta Test and (ii) will be wiped at the end of the Beta Test, before the Release. In such an event, Kakao Games Europe will not become liable to User for any costs, loss or damage.

This is what it says in the ToS. I was however unable to find any dates provided telling us when it started or ended. It does however state that the beta happens before the release, so this might just be a standard ToS and is shown basically because of GDPR which took effect yesterday.

In the current state of the game however, I will not be accepting this ToS until more information is provided.

9. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

To use your car example.
    It's more like you bought a car and after 2 years, the car company comes and takes away your gasoline engine and replaces it with a diesel engine. This is not accaptable and you would easily win every lawsuit.
    The problem is that they are not "fixing" bugs in the game but they are changing core parts of the game that you bought back then.

RoakOriginal, Reyer and Foxens like this.
  10. Xthame

Jesus Christ, calm your panties, this is becouse of GDPR that got enforced with 25.05.2018.
    Basically, they need to protect your personal information and YOU have to agree that you provided
    your personal info, hence the "accept" button on ToS. There is no "decline" button because one MUST agree
    to the terms if one wishes to play.
    The end
    xoxo

#30 Xthame, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Rapitor likes this.
  11. Miwca

12. BDOMEGALUL

But I already payed and SHOULD have full access to their game as stated in their TOS which I personally signed when creating my account 2 years ago. I should not have to accept to anything else to play the game as the contract states.

13. Miwca

Well, both yes and no. GDPR in short is about protecting your data and how it is stored, used and in some cases shared. Many companies just choose to remove certain data and make you reapply it instead of waiting for your approval.

14. SKYMARK

The new ToS was related to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Data_Protection_Regulation

#34 SKYMARK, May 25, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2018
  15. HamyBrix

Good that you left.... is their any change that you are leaving the forum as well please.

16. HamyBrix

Uff did you read what you wrote^^

Pathetic, ha?

You should have a lot of emails in your inbox with updated TOs from a lot of webpages.

Please decline your internet presence because the new regulation is everywhere

17. BDOMEGALUL

If I was to lease an apartment indefinitely under a contract the landlord can't just come in one day and force me to sign his new contract or I'll be kicked out.

The contract says I have full access after purchase of a Game License. I do not have access, breach of contract.

But you probably don't know how to world works and blindly press every ' I accept/agree' button you come across.

#37 BDOMEGALUL, May 25, 2018
    ambyentlight likes this.
  18. ambyentlight

The white knights are defending Kakao valiently and I think they all deserve a pay raise for this shilling.

19. HamyBrix

Nope, the TOS just still include the beta phase blabla but the game is not in beta anymore so the point is not relevant anymore.
    The update is just because of the new data protection regulation that is world wide.

20. I guess it's because of the new privacy law...

[​IMG]

#40 eitheldin, May 25, 2018
    Lomacs likes this.